PDA

View Full Version : My job box magazine in pa.

yoshisbar
04-11-2017, 09:32 PM
So as you may know, Got my ATF type 54 last year (Thanks Dave!). So now on to storage...

Got my "Job Box" from the big orange store, 2-5 pin locks and 2 more for the doors on my back garage ready, and put the application into the state ( as dave mentioned before).
Today was inspection day for the state. Guy comes in, looks, says "good your fine". Indoor type 4 50 lbs max. I will email your permit. Hand him a check for $100 all good..
Pa has basically adopted the AFT regulations for magazines to make their job easier, and gets the atf to not have to work as hard because once you have the state, the atf just has the paperwork part from there.

ALTHOUGH he did tell me that I should line it with wood, as the regs read that the fireworks should not touch metal, and the atf paint definition is WAY obscured (powdercoated or epoxy whichever not worth the hassle) 1 hr and it was glued an lined with leftover wainscoting I had from my bathroom project.

ALTHOUGH he did say!! The atf called and ask him "hey what does this guy want?" He stated just to get his magazine approved! So they talk.. I am calling them in a few days to get that ball rolling and done soon.
Few letters to the fire dept. an the township and I can have my own storage.
I do see kellner's has a few good case deals on some 1.75" canisters I may try and I would have a place to store them!!

ALSO dave I see he has some 1.3 DOLAS! I might have to try those..

Pretty easy and not bad..
MATT..

chriskrc
04-12-2017, 11:18 AM
Hey that's great to hear. If you have any pictures of your magazine box that would be awesome to see.

PyroManiacs
04-12-2017, 02:55 PM
Nice.... yea, would definitely like to see pics as well.

jknepp1954
04-12-2017, 07:19 PM
Sounds awesome. YEs glad our state requirements same as atf

yoshisbar
04-12-2017, 08:26 PM
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2084&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2085&stc=1

A few pics if they work

yoshisbar
04-12-2017, 08:36 PM
Just a regular off the shelf box. I did put wood in the bottom because this has an extension cord hole (plastic plug) in the bottom and that won't pass, then as I said lined the rest with wood, little bit of glue, and there you have it a 50lb mag for under $500 (including box cost, permit, fees and such). So not driving 80 miles (or more in your case maybe), at 11 at night to return a dud or a rained out show, PRICELESS!!

chriskrc
04-13-2017, 06:57 AM
That's nice yoshisbar. It's truly amazing how much you can store when you think about how much 50lbs of composition really is.

displayfireworks1
04-13-2017, 09:34 AM
Thanks for posting the pictures , you are looking good on that magazine. You are yet another example of how an advanced fireworks enthusiast progresses. You get the ATF license first and then the magazine. Last I heard the ATF in your section of the state will accept the State of Pennsylvania certificate as meeting the ATF standard also. I am going to look over the Kellner 1.3 list and see what is available this year. I will also be at Kellner Pyrodays event. Get some additional pictures on your phone I would love to look them over.

yoshisbar
04-18-2017, 08:57 PM
That's nice yoshisbar. It's truly amazing how much you can store when you think about how much 50lbs of composition really is.

So a quick update. and response to that quote...
Got the twp permit and going to pick that up wed. Called the atf in Pittsburgh and they are all fine so far. 2 weeks and they will come up and check things out, but mostly from the messages I have so far, all is fine.. no problems just attached to my license that no contingency storage, all magazine now.

No to get to chriskrc response. I will say. I was surprised. looking over the items I go last year, for a backyard pyro 50LBS is quite a bit, for a "juiced up" show as dave says.
3" case of shells 60pcs 14.90lbs each (storage value)
2" case of shells 120 pcs 14lbs each
Cakes, the BOSS system one.s are 10Lb each for the case of salute cakes.
So for a backyard guy 50lb with some consumer stuff mixed is a quite a bit...

djsmurf
04-18-2017, 09:16 PM
Would be so nice if we could do this in Ohio. Thanks for the pics, looks good.

chriskrc
04-19-2017, 06:57 AM
So a quick update. and response to that quote...
Got the twp permit and going to pick that up wed. Called the atf in Pittsburgh and they are all fine so far. 2 weeks and they will come up and check things out, but mostly from the messages I have so far, all is fine.. no problems just attached to my license that no contingency storage, all magazine now.

No to get to chriskrc response. I will say. I was surprised. looking over the items I go last year, for a backyard pyro 50LBS is quite a bit, for a "juiced up" show as dave says.
3" case of shells 60pcs 14.90lbs each (storage value)
2" case of shells 120 pcs 14lbs each
Cakes, the BOSS system one.s are 10Lb each for the case of salute cakes.
So for a backyard guy 50lb with some consumer stuff mixed is a quite a bit...

It really is a lot, someone else also said that a case of 25 shot thunder king cakes is like 15 lbs of composition but the entire case weight is like 60 lbs. That's a nice salute finish with an entire case of thunder kings at only 15 lbs of composition.

yoshisbar
04-27-2017, 08:27 PM
Where there ya go. Started this thread with the intent to get the mag approved before Memorial day if possible. BUT now as it stands, I could put something in there today if I wanted!! Less than 3 weeks! Township--DONE, STATE--DONE, ATF-- not done 100% but told on the phone if I have my state I can store. The atf will be up early next week to sticker the mag and explain the record keeping requirement, but mostly a technical issue. I will say not bad at all to do. One thing I would recommend to all the guys getting their ATF license, GET A BANKERS BOX! Keep all your paper work in order and timely filled out. I very much understand the systems in place for the government, and RESPECT these systems, as it protects us all post 9/11. Little bit of work on my part (although not that much) BUT WELL WORTH IT.....

Now where did the wife put my checkbook?,, 1.3 shopping trip in order..
Anyone not busy on memorial day weekend we are shooting here! BRING IT I can store it!!

displayfireworks1
04-27-2017, 09:06 PM
You know I have to make it up there to see it all in the next 2 months if that is ok. You are a reasonable driving distance from me.

Bigjohnson
04-27-2017, 10:28 PM
Do the indoor boxes still have to follow the distances? Ie 150ft from home/roadway?

chriskrc
04-28-2017, 06:55 AM
Where there ya go. Started this thread with the intent to get the mag approved before Memorial day if possible. BUT now as it stands, I could put something in there today if I wanted!! Less than 3 weeks! Township--DONE, STATE--DONE, ATF-- not done 100% but told on the phone if I have my state I can store. The atf will be up early next week to sticker the mag and explain the record keeping requirement, but mostly a technical issue. I will say not bad at all to do. One thing I would recommend to all the guys getting their ATF license, GET A BANKERS BOX! Keep all your paper work in order and timely filled out. I very much understand the systems in place for the government, and RESPECT these systems, as it protects us all post 9/11. Little bit of work on my part (although not that much) BUT WELL WORTH IT.....

Now where did the wife put my checkbook?,, 1.3 shopping trip in order..
Anyone not busy on memorial day weekend we are shooting here! BRING IT I can store it!!

Great job brother, now fill it up.

yoshisbar
04-28-2017, 03:26 PM
Do the indoor boxes still have to follow the distances? Ie 150ft from home/roadway?

I was not told ANY distance requirements for indoor boxes, I don't think they apply. The sporting goods store up the street has one in the store about 50ft off the road..

Bigjohnson
04-28-2017, 04:11 PM
Ok I'm going to look into one for myself

Kenny East
04-28-2017, 07:49 PM
Indoor mags are not subject to the table of distances.... Fire Marshall where I'm at wont let me have a magazine.... Indoor or otherwise.... But my neigbors are really close

PyroJoeNEPA
04-28-2017, 08:41 PM
Looking really nice. Another point for "our side" of the regs.

89mitch
04-30-2017, 09:26 AM
How is the building it is kept in built? Ie framed with plywood and vynal sidding or is it block construction, or was that not a concern for the applications?

yoshisbar
04-30-2017, 08:31 PM
You know I have to make it up there to see it all in the next 2 months if that is ok. You are a reasonable driving distance from me.

Dave if your serious, no problem, just let me know. I actually have more people for memorial day than july 4th, and do a bigger show because. I always shoot for the sunday before, or in case of weather that sat also. Never have anything firm until the 10 day forecast is up.. And if you come up I can get a few more pyronuts up to help (because If it is going to be on youtube I will make it a show plus!)..... 140(+50 more tubes to gets rack built for yet) 3" tubes 200+ 1.75" 12 2.5" Tubes and whatever cakes. If you want a joe smo backyard show I am your guy!! LOL

yoshisbar
04-30-2017, 08:37 PM
How is the building it is kept in built? Ie framed with plywood and vynal sidding or is it block construction, or was that not a concern for the applications?

I have an addition on the back of my garage I have the mag in. Block garage, pole building addition more or less. BUT construction was NOT a concern, security and theft was more the concern. I have no windows and double lock doors, so unless you drive a car in, your not getting in (unless I hear you)..My neighbors garage is 10' from mine, never a question ask.

displayfireworks1
04-30-2017, 08:45 PM
I am serious I want to come up and see it and get some video of the magazine. I guess I may be free on Memorial Day weekend now the event is postponed at Cooper Lake.

89mitch
05-01-2017, 01:45 AM
Thank you i am thinking about setting up a magazine just like yours and have a building i was going to use but wasnt shure what i was going to need to do to pass for the security that helps alot.