PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Remote Firing System Testing & Voltages

DexTee
04-05-2017, 03:21 PM
Here is a video on some updated and advanced testing of the entry-level remote fireworks firing systems, including voltage checks.

(Sorry for the low volume, phone is slowly dying, new one is on the way so future videos will be better overall quality.)

Video Link --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpWCUxaLilU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpWCUxaLilU

chriskrc
04-05-2017, 03:45 PM
Thanks for posting the video that was a cool little test of the firing system.

djsmurf
04-06-2017, 12:57 AM
Interesting man, thanks. Are power levels the same on different mods? I know most of those systems come with more then one firing module.

DexTee
04-06-2017, 02:42 AM
Interesting man, thanks. Are power levels the same on different mods? I know most of those systems come with more then one firing module.

Great question, so I just checked several receiver modules spanning 3 different orders and ship times. They were all nearly the same, which was good to see.

Single Firing (pressing a single button) sent a bit over 6 volts to that que.

All Firing (pressing buttons 6 & 8 or 10 & 12 together) sent at least 5.6 volts to all ques (it would vary on the same unit, per test).
To ensure this was enough to trigger an igniter, I tested it with an e-match, and she fired just fine.

jamisonlm3
04-06-2017, 02:47 PM
Do you mind testing to see what the mA is when firing?

DexTee
04-06-2017, 05:11 PM
Do you mind testing to see what the mA is when firing?

Just tested it, another great question, thanks! -- The pull/current when firing was typically hitting 800mA to 900mA.

jamisonlm3
04-07-2017, 12:24 AM
When you fire is that current maintained or just for a few seconds? I'm curious if e-match creates an open circuit when it fires.

DexTee
04-07-2017, 01:53 AM
When you fire is that current maintained or just for a few seconds? I'm curious if e-match creates an open circuit when it fires.

It only goes for about 2 seconds, and "ramps-up" to max then "winds down", it is not the full amperage the entire time. That is what my digital meter had shown clearly, as it only updated the display what seemed to be about 5 times per second.

I don't believe e-match creates an open circuit, or at least it does not do it all of the time, as my e-match tests kept continuity on the modules after they fired.

jamisonlm3
04-08-2017, 12:20 AM
I was thinking of how long the batteries would last with that kind of current draw if the e-match didn't create and open circuit, but it seems that's not a problem to worry about.