PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my firework display

TexasPyro110
04-02-2017, 03:44 AM
I'm doing a upcoming show and was wondering if you could help me with a quick question. I'm doing a 1.4g show but don't have enough Cobra modules. So I have 30 500 gram cakes for the body. But wanted to know if I made 15 pairs of two and taped and fused two cakes together could I safely shoot them without having them collide in mid-air? I want to be as safe as possible but simply can't afford more modules right now.

Thanks

PyroManiacs
04-02-2017, 09:07 AM
Hey, welcome to PyroTalk!

Yes, you can tape two cakes together without any issue. Just make sure they are not angled cakes of course.

pitts
04-02-2017, 11:22 AM
Hello Yes, I have done this many times in the past without any issues, Like Pyro said tho about angles and use good fuse

Bigjohnson
04-02-2017, 11:34 AM
You can always just parallel or series them on the same que as well. That way you don't need to fuse them together

PyroManiacs
04-02-2017, 06:03 PM
Hello Yes, I have done this many times in the past without any issues, Like Pyro said tho about angles and use good fuse

Actually, after I thought about it, you could tape angles together. They only have to be one in front of the other... and for and even better effect you can turn one around so they sweep opposite ways from each other.

esgrillo
04-02-2017, 10:26 PM
Tape away. Also as mentioned you can run up to 4 talons (9v 18m) in parallel to save cues. I do both. I actually have 20 200g fast fused cakes fired on 1 cue (3 sets of that) in my last show. You can see them set up in the beginning of my video and they go off at the 23:45 mark in my show that is in my signature.

ThebigA
04-03-2017, 10:47 AM
I have 3 modules when and where is your show maybe I could sweep down and help you and use mine as well

displayfireworks1
04-03-2017, 06:20 PM
We are starting to get some more fireworks enthusiast out of Texas again, that's great. What are you using to ignite the product? Electric match or consumer igniters? Unless I am missing it , I am guessing you have one Cobra module. This is where using wire comes in handy. I'll see if you answer these questions first.

TexasPyro110
04-04-2017, 02:53 AM
I will be using Talon Igniter Clips and FireWire Initiators. I currently have two Cobra modules and will be getting three more on the upcoming sale. Also I'm sorry I mistyped I will actually have a total of 50 500 gram cakes for my body. This is where my problems arise. Two of the modules will be used on the same channel to shoot several show pieces (This is where the FireWire Initiators will be used). So with those modules taken I will have three modules with a total of 54 cues to shoot 64 igniters including the finale and opener. I also have plenty of 22g and 24g wire on the way.

P.S. When I said I couldn't afford more modules I meant after the three I'm about to order LOL.

- Thanks

TexasPyro110
04-04-2017, 03:00 AM
Thanks for the welcome. I avoided that problem, luckily all my cakes are slow straight shooters except for a show piece.

TexasPyro110
04-04-2017, 03:09 AM
Yeah, never thought about doing that with a regular 500 gram cake. But I have thought about doing that with a few zipper cakes though.