PDA

View Full Version : Hi, im new here.

independentpyro
04-01-2017, 10:39 PM
I m actually starting the process of obtaining my ATF license. I live in upstate NY, they are pretty strict. I have a show every year for my 4th of july party at our home and im spending over 4 grand every year just in consumer fireworks. So why not be able to shoot 1.3 and have a better show for the same money and do some charity shoots for our local communities. Dave from displayfireworks1 has inspired me to go for this license. I have wached almost every video that he has and he is very knowledgeable about these things. I would love to do professional shows for a living some day. But one step at a time.

PyroManiacs
04-01-2017, 10:50 PM
Hey, Welcome to PyroTalk!

Other people from NY have applied and accomplished receiving their license. Im sure someone else will elaborate.

jknepp1954
04-02-2017, 07:54 AM
welcome independentpyro to pyrotalk.
glAD to see you on here. I am not sure where in NY you live - but i always recommend to WORK for a display company for awhile to "learn the ropes".
Besides- it is good just to get more and better experience and learn tips from the pros!

Wholesale Fireworks
04-03-2017, 09:27 AM
Welcome to the forum

PyroJoeNEPA
04-03-2017, 10:20 AM
Welcome to the Forum. I know several people in NY that have successfully received their "54". I would suggest--like Joyce Knepp said that look for a local company to work with & get some experience. Also, look into taking the PGI course--and look into joining a local club.

chriskrc
04-03-2017, 11:05 AM
Welcome to the forum and great to meet you. I have everything for the type 54 but had to put it on hold for a short time but other fellow pyros have already been through the process and received it. From conversations we have had here on the forum and in PMs it's not as hard as you would think.

Fire Art
04-03-2017, 03:59 PM
Welcome to the forums. What part of NY are you from? If close enough I could help with contingency storage.

displayfireworks1
04-03-2017, 05:51 PM
Al from Fire Art. What a 1.3 fireworks distributor should be. My Man.
Ok IndependentPyro , around a 3 hour drive from you is Fire Art in Clearfield Pennsylvania. May 19 and 20. There are having a fireworks demo and open shoot. PLUS, there are having a PGI shooter training course. For a little time and money you can get licensed and trained. Here are the details. Now make the effort and get it done. Sign up for the demo and training.
http://www.fireartcorp.com/demo
If you need help understanding the ATF Fireworks licensing procedure consider purchasing my ATF/DVD's
http://www.pyrotalk.com/shopping.php

independentpyro
04-03-2017, 05:52 PM
Iam near Binghamton NY

independentpyro
04-03-2017, 05:56 PM
I have already purchsed your dvds about 3 weeks ago. You have taught me alot from your videos, i really do appreciate everything that you do. My backyard firework show this year is around $4500. Im using black match and elec. Fire this year.

displayfireworks1
04-03-2017, 06:02 PM
Thanks for positive feedback, it pleases me to see fireworks enthusiast advance. If you can make it to some of the demos of the companies that advertise with me , you will see they offer training and want to help get enthusiast licensed. These demos are always fun. Did you see my recent video about fireworks demos? Have you advanced into wireless fireworks firing systems?

skeetero3
04-03-2017, 11:01 PM
independent welcome to the forums. i myself live in ny as well. long island to be more specific, and just received my type 54 license in the mail friday.. its a great feeling getting it. the laws are obliviously the same for both of us and you shouldnt have a problem getting it, and like dave said about the open shoot and pgi cert. course i will be attending. hope to meet some pyros from ny and anywhere else for that matter. good luck and keep the sky lit :cool:

independentpyro
04-06-2017, 07:39 AM
Yes, i have purchased a cobra system and have been experimenting with it, trying to get used to it. Its not difficult once you get the hang of it. And yes i might be at the one at kellners at the end of the month. Not sure yet.