PDA

View Full Version : Hello from VA

PyroDAD87
03-28-2017, 02:14 AM
Hey everybody. I meant to do this a few days ago, but don't get a chance. I have loved fireworks my entire life. When I was a kid I remember the fourth as being one of my favorite times of the year. My dad would run me up to the local seasonal stands to get the goods. Now that I'm older I am able to travel to get bigger and better works. My buddies and I travel all over the US to get the good stuff. I have met so many good people along the way and am always eager to meet and chat with more, like on pyrotalk. I think it's safe to say my enjoyment as a kid has now turned into an obsession as a thirty year old. Recently I started taking my four year old daughter with me on trips all over the east coast to shop for fireworks. She's started to ask me to watch them on my phone even.

My wife is not as enthusiastic however and limits me on my spending(which I've got to say not bad considering). I've started putting on shows in the culdesac and the neighbors absolutely love it. I'm super excited to learn new tricks and tips from the folks on this forum. Thanks for having me and I look forward to sharing ideas.

jknepp1954
03-28-2017, 08:25 AM
pyrodad - welcome to pyro talk.
Consider joining a pyro club. The Cracker Jacks has a shoot in N. Va. in the fall.
Also MAFF (Mid Atlantic Fireworks Festival) is having a huge event April 21,22 LaPlata, Md area.
And our Demo is May 6 at Kneppys Fireworks. Special pricing all weekend for pyrotalk members.

PyroManiacs
03-28-2017, 08:55 AM
Welcome to PyroTalk!

chriskrc
03-28-2017, 10:47 AM
Welcome to the forum and great to meet you

Wholesale Fireworks
03-29-2017, 12:54 PM
Welcome PyroDAD this is a great place to get your fireworks fix and to advance your hobby. We hope you get up our way some time for a visit but keep in mind we can ship to you and we can definitely help if the wife has you on a budget.

PYRODAD1236
03-29-2017, 08:57 PM
From 1 PryoDad to another ....LOL

Welcome to the forum !!

PYRODAD1236
03-29-2017, 08:58 PM
From 1 PryoDad to Another ....LOL

Welcome to the forum !!

djsmurf
03-29-2017, 09:56 PM
Welcome to the forum, pyrodad!

PyroDAD87
03-29-2017, 10:26 PM
Haha LOL...I had no idea there was a similar name or I would have picked something different...oh well great minds think alike they always say...sorry dude

shake the cove
04-01-2017, 09:45 AM
Kids love fireworks,work that angle lots of small stuff they can help light off. Leave the 500gm cakes to adults or big teenagers that can move fast;). Check out Dave's advertisers WF Boom , Kneppys and Knellnars. You will not have to go anywhere else. They are usually cheaper the roadsteads in South Carolina. They have more then enough variety to keep you happy plus when you buy by the case some cakes are weak shot by themselves but add 2-3 together wow.. You should really go to a demo they put on over an hour to hour and half of their product and then make an appt to pick up next day. Most are about 5-6 hr drive from central VA.