PDA

View Full Version : Pyrotecnico newest advertiser to pyrotalk

displayfireworks1
03-18-2017, 11:36 AM
Please welcome Pyrotecnico as one of my newest advertiser to pyrotalk.com. I look forward to working with them to promote their training and employment opportunities to advancing fireworks enthusiast. In case you missed it here is the link to their FREE training classes.
http://www.pyrotecnico.com/careers/become-a-pyrotecnico-technician-
http://www.pyrotecnico.com/images/pics/570_media_logo2_fullcolorw.jpg

PyroJoeNEPA
03-18-2017, 12:30 PM
Glad to see you here at PyroTalk as a sponsor!!! Welcome!!!

UniversalPyro
03-27-2017, 09:30 PM
Do they sell any of their cakes to public?

PyroManiacs
03-27-2017, 11:54 PM

Last I heard, they do not.

hatsgoods
03-28-2017, 01:55 AM

they do not even sell to type 54 users that are private also

displayfireworks1
03-28-2017, 07:25 AM
They are recruiting fireworks enthusiast to work part time for the company. There is a great pool of enthusiast that follow my video that may want to take advantage of the free training and possibly work for the company during the July 4th holiday. I hear from people all the time that want to be part of this. You need to start to be part of it now. The company was pleased with the response to my video. In addition to helping enthusiast advance in the backyard, I am trying to help advance them into professional display companies. These company need help , July 4th USA is a busy time of year for them. It is exciting to be part of it.

displayfireworks1
07-18-2017, 05:29 PM
I know I heard from PyroDad and a few other fireworks enthusiast now working part time for Pyrotecnico. Here is a recent feedback i received from Las Vegas. for those that do not know Pyrotecnico has offices throughout United States. I will announce future training as they are offered.
Hi

Hope you're doing well. Took your advice and got hired by Pyrotecnico in N Las Vegas this season as an assistant.

I know my backyard shows were work but this was a whole new level of work.

Still very enjoyable in a strange unexplainable way.

Worked on three shows the old man 50+ now can stillout paces the twenty somethings.

So much to do to become Licensed Pyro techican. But I'm going to make it happen.

TSA Fingerprint for Hazmat endorsement.

Passing Hazmat test

Show experience

Sponsors for fire marshal pyro license

Sponsors for PGI and WPA

ATF 5400.13 license starting this now.

(XXXX ) (part of email redacted )
Take care

XXXXX
http://pix.epodunk.com/locatorMaps/nv/NV_17721.gif

Twitch
07-19-2017, 12:32 AM
Yes, they do. Their consumer line is the Wild Dragon brand.

PyroManiacs
07-19-2017, 12:28 PM
When he asked if they sell cakes to the public, I highly suspect he was referring to 1.3G, which they used to many years ago. I have a post somewhere from a couple years back of that price list.

jbt68
07-19-2017, 12:33 PM
I am definitely interested in working on a crew. Regarding the Pyrotechnico application, since I have never done anything commercially or beyond 1.4g in the backyard, is an uploaded resume needed for the newbie?

Bryan

PyroManiacs
07-19-2017, 04:50 PM
My best advice for anyone to get on crew.... Show up to the closest training seminar whenever it may be, and make it clear that you are indeed interested in shooting shows and that you have a passion for the work involved... AND make sure you ARE AVAILABLE at LAST MINUTES notice.

displayfireworks1
07-19-2017, 07:14 PM
At jbt68 what experience is needed. In my assessment none. Most important is someone that is not afraid of hard work. mainly lifting and carrying , not afraid to get dirty or work in the sun or rain. Enjoys the excitement of pushing against a deadline, has trouble shooting skills and enjoys a mild degree of danger and risk in their life. If you are still thinking about fireworks 30 days past the July 4th holiday. Plus, you are available to work during the week of the July 4th holiday. You are qualified to apply in my assessment. You can learn the rest with that foundation I just laid out. The first step to learning professional fireworks, is learning to unload the truck

hawkeye0323
07-19-2017, 08:40 PM
Filled out and sent in.

Twitch
07-19-2017, 09:57 PM
When he asked if they sell cakes to the public, I highly suspect he was referring to 1.3G, which they used to many years ago. I have a post somewhere from a couple years back of that price list.
That's cool. When he said any I figured he meant any haha. I often wish that some things would be like it was many years ago.

I am definitely interested in working on a crew. Regarding the Pyrotechnico application, since I have never done anything commercially or beyond 1.4g in the backyard, is an uploaded resume needed for the newbie?

Bryan
I attended the class in the New Orleans area a couple of months ago. The knowledge that you have already was more than some that were in my session had. It's like everything, you get as little or as much from it as you'd like. I was that annoying dude asking all of the questions but I wanted to learn dangit haha! This is where I learned about 1.3 rules and regulations and was part of my desicion that right now I'm not pursuing 1.3. The class really is like a Pyrotecnico commercial asking you to come work for them. Certainly don't take that the wrong way because the class was great besides... it was free and they had breakfast and lunch. They discussed a good bit of transporting 1.3 and were asking people if they wanted to become certified to be a driver. It's a great deal because if you are interested in getting your CDL with the hazardous material endorsement to transport 1.3 explosive's they'll pay for the permit fees, background check, physical, drug test and a rental vehicle for testing if necessary. I would recommend that anyone with a slight interest in fireworks (I'd think it would be everyone here unless they're already in it), looking to learn more, go.

The hands on portion was pretty cool. We loaded 3" shells into the mortar and fused the ematch to it running the wire how instructed and did some efiring. They teach you about the distances needed for the fallout area and the personal protective equipment (PPE) needed.

This is also where I learned Wild Dragon is their consumer line.

As others mentioned this is by no means anything glamorous as far as the work goes. I'd say it's probably one of the most labor intensive jobs out there. These guys were talking about rooftop shows becoming more requested. Well guess what bud, it's got to get to the roof somehow and cranes are expensive. You're going to be carrying all the racks, mortars, product and everything else that goes along with it to the top. And there are apparently a lot of buildings without an elevator especially one that goes to the roof access door. I also recall talking about whether the product can go up the elevator and I'm not 100% certain but I believe they mentioned not using the elevator for product (maybe due to static or electrical differentials). Regardless you need to be in great shape to do the work.

I think I rambled enough. Hopefully some find the info useful anyway.

Oh and register online for their class. Some might have limited seating.

Take it easy y'all.
Scott

jamisonlm3
07-20-2017, 10:03 PM
What Twich said. It's so true. To me, fireworks are a labor of love. Be prepared to work. Especially on the 4th.

displayfireworks1
07-22-2017, 09:44 AM
All of these fireworks companies need a tremendous amount of help during the July 4th holiday. What better place to recruit new people than from the fireworks enthusiast that watch my videos, they come semi trained. My videos are from a pyro-technician perspective. Think about how much you already know from just watching my videos and now most of you have fireworks firing systems , your own racks , electric match , fuse etc. In a few of my videos I covered the display site clean up after a show. Knowing what to expect is big part of a new job or adventure. I received feedback from my youtube subscribers that fireworks crews they were assigned to were surprised they knew so much on their first day on the shoot site , they learned it from watching my videos. Once you get through the training and you want to work they will find something for you. Plus if you don't mind traveling they find more work for you.