PDA

View Full Version : Regulated Safety Fuse

joewad
03-17-2017, 07:12 PM
I'd heard/read "rumors" over the past year or so that safety fuse was going to be regulated. Recently received Wayne's World 2017 catalog for 1.3 products and low and behold "regulated safety fuse" is now listed. It's also there with other speed fuse not listed as regulated. Just wondering if it's a slow migration to 100% or not. For me, I currently depend upon contingency storage for my 1.3 items and I use more than my fair share of safety fuse. Not to mention those with storage and the increased accounting headache of storage inventory. Will it be by the inch? (tongue in cheek).

displayfireworks1
03-17-2017, 08:11 PM
On of my anonymous sources told me the regulatory people inspected a 20 foot container coming into the country that contained 300 foot rolls of this gray consumer fuse we all find so desirable. Once the rolls are in the USA they are then cut into smaller sections and repackaged and sold on the shelf as a variation of consumer fuse. Someone at this agency then correctly figures, what would happen to a 20 foot container of gray fuse that happens to catch fire. How do you think a container of that fuse would respond? Remember, years ago there was slow green Visco and quick match, now we see all these various colored fuse with different time rates. To complicate it further we now see this gray quick match , that may in fact contain potassium chlorate and not perchlorate, I am hearing. On a side note I now have some methylene blue to test some of the current gray quick match out there. Again with one of my anonymous sources, actually two sources one of them from Europe and the other here in United States are telling me maybe I should just back off of this fuse issue. The Europe source cited accidents related to it. Both sources are afraid if too much is know about all the fuse stuff it will disrupt the fireworks supply to meet demand and keep cost where they want it to be. I have mixed feeling about it all. Any fireworks company selling fuse using terminology such as regulated and non regulated means very little to me. Except if it is sticky match.

Captaindlapnuts
03-31-2017, 08:49 PM
What does the container specifically loaded with this fuse catching fire have to do with anything? I'd bet a container catching fire with ANY fuse is going to be a bad day. Or, any fireworks container, for that matter... Either way, I'd tend to agree with the sources, just STFU about it, and have fun using it.

displayfireworks1
03-31-2017, 09:29 PM
That was fast 7 days !

djsmurf
04-01-2017, 12:49 AM
"The Europe source cited accidents related to it. Both sources are afraid if too much is know about all the fuse stuff it will disrupt the fireworks supply to meet demand and keep cost where they want it to be." Sounds to me like money vs safety is not their main goal.

What does the container specifically loaded with this fuse catching fire have to do with anything? I'd bet a container catching fire with ANY fuse is going to be a bad day. Or, any fireworks container, for that matter... Either way, I'd tend to agree with the sources, just STFU about it, and have fun using it.

Really dude? "STFU about it, and have fun using it." sounds great, until it kills or injures someone.

Kenny East
04-02-2017, 12:58 AM
I was told a while back that it all depends on the designation... 1.3,1.4... I was also advised that if it doesn't come with a lable specifically designating it as 1.4 it must be treated and stored as 1.3... I pull MSDS sheets for all my fuse

yoshisbar
04-11-2017, 09:53 PM
I do suspect these seller that sell the fuse in bulk days are numbered. I used to buy time fuse that way but most sellers are not doing that now, as it is supposed to be regulated to some extent, Cannonfuse.com stopped selling it because it is not worth the hassle to them. I agree with Kenny east, If it doesn't have a label or packaging it is not going to get sold without a risk.

Kenny East
04-16-2017, 01:32 AM
I won't say who i buy my fuse from but they haven't given me any indications that they are stopping... But they did start putting 1.4G certification/declaration papers on the boxes they ship me... Idk... Least their honest about what's in the box... China sent me some "ignitors" labled as connecting wire.... No mention of the compound on the match heads... The world is a funny place like that

displayfireworks1
04-16-2017, 07:43 AM
I keep telling everyone , here in United States we tend to believe everything that is written on a label. That looks like it applies to fireworks , but it does not. Hypothetical example: "It must be consumer legal because they mailed it to me, or I bought it on Amazon, how can it be salutes when the box says crackle, every 12th shell says Red but it is a salute also, no there is no special shipping becuase mine came in a regular box..etc" Box marked as wire. professional sample, gift or values less than $10.00 . There is more lies per square inch in the fireworks business, so don't believe most of see and read.

joewad
04-16-2017, 08:53 PM
I keep telling everyone , here in United States we tend to believe everything that is written on a label. That looks like it applies to fireworks , but it does not. Hypothetical example: "It must be consumer legal because they mailed it to me, or I bought it on Amazon, how can it be salutes when the box says crackle, every 12th shell says Red but it is a salute also, no there is no special shipping becuase mine came in a regular box..etc" Box marked as wire. professional sample, gift or values less than $10.00 . There is more lies per square inch in the fireworks business, so don't believe most of see and read.

My father was a small town attorney, he always told me "to believe half of what you see and nothing of what you hear".

Kenny East
04-16-2017, 11:19 PM
The first box of salutes i bought were lidu "super crackle"... I almost had to say that's not what i ordered... Remembered a video of Dave's where they were labeled as such, couldn't agree more. I get asked by coworkers and friends about salutes every now and again... You can buy them if you find them, they won't be labeled as salutes but they do exist..