PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Long Island NY

skeetero3
03-12-2017, 10:28 AM
Hey guys not new to the site just never posted anything to the page. I tend to just read the forums and learn new things from the backyard enthusiast. I myself do alot of backyard shows, but i just got hired by grucci last year so i will not be doing to many shows on the 4th of july. I am in the process of obtaining my type 54 license, the atf officer called me on thursday and wanted to schedule the interview the next day. But due to inclement weather she said sometime this week. Hope to hear back soon before the blizzard comes this tuesday into Wednesday lol

PyroJoeNEPA
03-12-2017, 02:03 PM
Welcome "out of the shadows". Keep us posted on your adventures with Grucci.

chriskrc
03-13-2017, 06:52 AM
Welcome to the forum and great to meet you. Good luck to you on the interview and with grucci

jknepp1954
03-13-2017, 07:17 AM
skeeter - welcome to pyro talk.

skeetero3
03-13-2017, 10:31 AM
Thanks guy and i will keep you posted on some shows when the time comes. I will also be attending the pgi certification course held at fire art in may, hope to meet some fellow pyros

PyroManiacs
03-13-2017, 10:59 AM
Hey, Welcome and Goodluck!

Wholesale Fireworks
03-13-2017, 01:42 PM
Welcome to Pyrotalk. Looking forward to hearing about your experiences with Grucci

displayfireworks1
03-15-2017, 06:05 PM
Thanks for posting I heard Long Island got some severe winter weather. They predicted big snow in Pittsburgh where I am at , but it missed us. We just got cold, wind and light snow. Your progression sounds great, going from backyard fireworks to working for Grucci Fireworks , working towards the ATF license and now taking the PGI shooter certification class at Fire Art. I enjoy hearing these types of stories. As if you are not busy enough, may I recommend getting a Commercial Drivers License with a Hazardous Materials Endorsement. I keep wanting to make this video but never seem to do it. Anyway, you can use a regular automobile to get a CDL with Hazmat Endorsement and be able to drive the fireworks truck. You don't need a truck for testing to be able to drive the fireworks truck. Having that type of drivers license makes you more valuable to a fireworks display company. Something for you to consider.

PyroManiacs
03-15-2017, 07:28 PM
you can use a regular automobile to get a CDL with Hazmat Endorsement and be able to drive the fireworks truck. You don't need a truck for testing to be able to drive the fireworks truck.

This is true, but do remember that some companies (if they are the ones paying) may want you to do it their way and drive a truck for the test.

Fire Art
03-16-2017, 09:33 AM
Thanks guy and i will keep you posted on some shows when the time comes. I will also be attending the pgi certification course held at fire art in may, hope to meet some fellow pyros

Looking forward to seeing you there!

independentpyro
04-01-2017, 10:44 PM
Did you have to get a license called a right to possess explosives before you applied for your type 54. I was just wondering because im actually in upstate NY and trying to obtain mine as well.

Kenny East
04-02-2017, 12:39 AM
Not where I live, but from what I've heard... New York has their own license/permit that they require.... Check your local/state laws and requirements