View Full Version : The $1,000 Question

ktaylor
07-28-2011, 01:16 AM
Every year, I talk my wife into $1,000 dollar budget for a show for our annual family reunion. I have always gone to Phantom in WI. When I combine the use of their early ordering in April, with their telemarketing team bonus (they call me every year), buy 1 get 2 and over $1000 product bonsues...it's a tolerable experience....but I know there's more out there.

My question is, if you had $1,000 to spend....where would you go to get the biggest bang for your buck? :confused:

I'm not sure if $1,000 qualifies anyone for a wholesale type purchase.

Robertlopez
07-28-2011, 01:40 AM
Buy Bulk
Your $1000.00 will stretch so much the amount you spend at Phantom compared to a bulk Company there will be a noticeable difference Dave made a video of WFboom i am not saying you haft to buy form them just using them as a example of the price difference

what you can also do is mix Phantom with some bulk fireworks to make your show bigger

here is the link to the video
http://www.youtube.com/user/displayfireworks1#p/search/0/wS0zlZ3LWuI

Pyro Nation
07-28-2011, 03:59 AM
pm sent...

indianahx
07-28-2011, 06:11 AM
Don't go to phantom. Find a wholesaler close to you or even within a reasonable driving distance. I've worked at phantom since 2001 and its sad to see droves of people come in spending their last dollar thinking they got the "good buy". Sire there are bonuses but what are you spending to get them. The only valid reason to shop at the ghost is for SOME of the coupon items and the B1G2 offers......just an insiders perspective. I didn't even shop this year and I get a discount! ........food for thought

LuxExTenebris
07-28-2011, 11:04 AM
There are plenty of wholesalers where $1000 will get you wholesale prices. A lot will depend on whether you are brand loyal or are loooking for specific fireworks. I would suggest checking out the sponsers page here as a good start

http://www.pyrotalk.com/sponsors.php:

There are a couple of places listed there. You can also Google a few. I personally am probably going to go with Nite Lites which is on the sponsor page. Its only about a 2 hour drive from my house and so I can save on shipping. I know Dave did a video on a trip he made to Nite Lites for some shells and he compared the prices to Phantom and the price difference was astounding.

oldfart
07-28-2011, 11:26 AM
I belong to 2 clubs. Both clubs do group buys. When you have a trailer truck in your yard with 17 pallets you get GOOD prices. Check you area for clubs, many other benefits too

indianahx
07-28-2011, 04:30 PM
I've done two group buys myself and felt like I was stealing them with the deals I was getting....

Palermitano2
07-28-2011, 09:39 PM
I belong to 2 clubs. Both clubs do group buys. When you have a trailer truck in your yard with 17 pallets you get GOOD prices. Check you area for clubs, many other benefits too

What club in new england do you recomend?

Pyro Nation
08-02-2011, 11:10 PM
I need to get in on the club buy for next year or whenever coming up... Guess I need to get on getting a club now..lol

crackerbomb
08-03-2011, 12:27 AM
I'm ordering from Bigs. If anyone wants in we may be able to work something out. I plan on ordering after the first of the year.

Pyro Nation
08-03-2011, 12:30 AM
Maybe we can work with who is close to each other.... If any near me in eastern PA maybe we can work out a order as well from someone

jbgreen
08-03-2011, 02:29 AM
I would be interested in a group buy in the future also. Can a group buy be done then shipped to different locations? Or would the shipping cost defeat the purpose.

Pyro Nation
08-03-2011, 02:32 AM
The shipping cost would defeat the purpose

crackerbomb
08-03-2011, 03:28 AM
I would be interested in a group buy in the future also. Can a group buy be done then shipped to different locations? Or would the shipping cost defeat the purpose.

If you went with Bigs you can pick it up at Lansing Michigan, thats what I do. maybe we can work something out

jknepp1954
08-03-2011, 06:04 AM
Like Oldfart said earlier - belonging to different clubs does have its benefits - see my sig for the clubs we belong to. Also just got an invite abount a month ago to join a club from Ohio - just may have to take them up on their deal as well.
Pyroliffic - and others from PA, Ohio, NJ, NY, Md = I belong to the Pa Pyro ARtists - we have a few shoots coming up rest of year- PM me for details.

ktaylor
08-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Thank you everyone for the feedback and suggestions. I purchased the Fireworks Trade Directory that Dave recommended in one of his videos, it is full of club and wholesale information that's going to get a good-hard looking into.

jbgreen
08-03-2011, 01:23 PM
If you went with Bigs you can pick it up at Lansing Michigan, thats what I do. maybe we can work something out

Lansing is only 1hr 45 min from me. Would be nice to work something out when were ready to buy. There's not any clubs close to me, I need to pickup the book also to check into this more though.

oldfart
08-14-2011, 11:39 AM
What club in new england do you recomend?

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I belong to NHPA and NLPC. I would recomend either or both. Probably the biggest difference is all (3 two day and 1 one day) of NHPA shoots were in NH this year. NLPC shoots from NH to MD. There are more builders in the NHPA club. NHPA is putting in a magazine.

Oldfart

VFI_Fireworks
08-14-2011, 02:42 PM
As someone who has been around this for some time and knows the pricing well, I cant believe there are people still falling for the inflated price of a BOGO when everyone knows there are places that sale the same two items for less. Another thing to look at is buying cases vs pieces I know you get less variety but if your frugal you can find mixed cases.

PyroJoeNEPA
08-15-2011, 11:47 AM
As someone who has been around this for some time and knows the pricing well, I cant believe there are people still falling for the inflated price of a BOGO when everyone knows there are places that sale the same two items for less.

That is one of the good thing about this forum--making people aware of what is out there & what options they have. When you look at how much money you can save by buying wholesale cases or splitting cases in a group buy it is well worth driving a couple hours to get your product. And, remember, some of the sponsors go to the club shoots & will deliver your order to the shoot site--another good reason to belong to a club!