PDA

View Full Version : Legalities of Storage Magazine - Rental Unit

Tehrecon
02-21-2017, 10:43 PM
Already, I know this sounds like a pretty noobish question, but when it comes to legalities, I want to ensure I follow everything possible.

Currently, I do have an approved storage magazine on my premise, however I'm curious if the ATF has certain guidelines in place if someone was to rent a storage unit, and request the approval of a magazine site for that storage unit. The magazine itself wouldn't be the unit, but an approved locked box inside the unit, meeting Type 4 requirements.

Assuming the storage unit owner is okay with that, under full disclosure, is that technically legal?

displayfireworks1
02-21-2017, 11:05 PM
I don't think there is an Aunt Mini type storage rental in United States that would allow it. Most have a contract that states no flammables or explosives. Interesting is something I saw advertised in the United Kingdom where some took an old World War Two explosive storage and was renting it out. They closed a military base near me, they gave the property to the local township. I have a friend working there, there were rumors there was a magazine so large you could drive a truck into it. We are still trying to find it. LOL If someone, anywhere in United States has explosive storage for rent. Please send me an email and lets talk. I get random emails from time to time from people wanting to rent out storage for the seasonal fireworks sales tents etc. One of the larger fireworks companies ask me to let them know if someone has 1.4 storage in California. I help people get ATF licensed. so if someone has storage or contingency for rent they can let me know.