PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks ignite in the garage video

displayfireworks1
07-26-2011, 11:56 PM
Someone ask me my assessment of this fireworks accident. In the foreground of the video, it appears to be a fireworks display setup then somehow some of the fireworks ignite in the garage. I assume the name of the town is Daybreak. Anyone know anything about this event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWdQQXQHxbQ&feature=related

Pyro Nation
07-27-2011, 12:03 AM
here is the link for the news article...

http://laura.moncur.org/archives/2011/07/06/fireworks-in-daybreak/

tennpyro1
07-27-2011, 09:27 AM
That's horrible speechless is what it leaves you I'm glad nobody got killed but some serious injures can't imagine

Pyro@Mach13
07-27-2011, 10:41 AM
seems those standing there had a bit of time to help, not just stand and watch! but I was not there.

nrubmx
07-27-2011, 10:42 AM
o man that sucks.

fireworkfan503
07-27-2011, 11:45 AM
the guy that this happened to was a member of another fireworks site that I won't mention and he had posted the story there when it happened.the fire department came rather quickly and saved the house but,not the garage as for the cause I can't recall what happened but,it was either something along the lines of him fusing something in the garage and it lit or something from the show landed in the garage can't remember which though sorry.

Palermitano2
07-27-2011, 02:53 PM
Come on who would have the @#$#@ to fuse indoors? I wouldnt sooner or later when you least expect it.....BANG it will happen! Also not to get off the subject I saw first hand with my own eyes someone light visco with scissors. Luckily he was cutting strips of 3 inches and he was at the end of a roll. So please be safe and Dont use them.......

jknepp1954
07-27-2011, 04:53 PM
http://www.pyrouniverse.com/forum/showthread.php/4354-To-Use-Scissors-or-Not!?highlight=scissors
This is quite detail - pertaining to ALL KINDS of fusing.

indianahx
07-27-2011, 05:02 PM
I believe something flew into his garage from the display, like an errant fireworks or something. He is/was a prominent member of pyroU and not just your average first timer. Goes to show that it can happen to anyone, even a seasoned vet.

I also think its worth mentioning that nothing was "illegal" either. Just a terrible accident.

jknepp1954
07-27-2011, 05:07 PM
the guy that this happened to was a member of another fireworks site that I won't mention and he had posted the story there when it happened.the fire department came rather quickly and saved the house but,not the garage as for the cause I can't recall what happened but,it was either something along the lines of him fusing something in the garage and it lit or something from the show landed in the garage can't remember which though sorry.
Yes - I remember about that - but it wasn't up long. I guess the mods on that site thought it was in the best interest for all to delete the thread about that. Didn't realize till now, this is the same dude - too bad - it just takes one careless thing and PUFF!!!... - GONE!

LuxExTenebris
07-27-2011, 05:27 PM
I wouldn't like having to explain to the insurance adjuster how several dozen fireworks exploded in my garage and set it on fire.

pyrorick
07-27-2011, 05:47 PM
here is the link for the news article...

http://laura.moncur.org/archives/2011/07/06/fireworks-in-daybreak/

This is the most accurate description.

In summary:

A NOAB tipped over (not secured) and shot a shell into his garage that was partially open. The garage was full of fused up boards. The NOAB shell ignited the boards…the rest is on video.

Dart
07-27-2011, 08:40 PM
Was there a video of the display prior to things going wrong posted on the other site before the thread was closed?

Palermitano2
07-27-2011, 09:31 PM
This is the most accurate description.

In summary:

A NOAB tipped over (not secured) and shot a shell into his garage that was partially open. The garage was full of fused up boards. The NOAB shell ignited the boards…the rest is on video.

This is my question Has anyone ever seen a NOAB tip over? they must have had them angled or something?

indianahx
07-28-2011, 08:32 AM
The guys neighbor originally posted the video unbeknownst to him. The thread was locked shortly thereafter.

pyrorick
07-28-2011, 02:38 PM
This is my question Has anyone ever seen a NOAB tip over? they must have had them angled or something?

The quote from the garage owner (renter) was – “A NOAB malfunctioned and burnt my house down”

I don’t think there was anything crazy going on….I think it was poor judgment (not enough distance, unsecured cake, garage door open) and BAD luck….not a good combo.

The garage was only open 24” or so…not sure how close the NOAB was but it looked like they were shooting from the vacant lot across from his house…so the NOAB had to malfunction AND make it into that 10’ x 2’ opening…crazy odds….you could probably light 1,000+ NOABS from the same spot and not replicate that. Bummer for that guy, his family, and the home owners.

When a shell pops in the tube you can get a good bounce...that's my guess...

floridapyro
07-28-2011, 03:40 PM
Thats hard to watch. I wonder how the guy that went to the hospital is doing?

foodguy
07-28-2011, 07:21 PM
The guy on PU was not a prominent member but a newer member. He repeatedly broke rules and posted about his MANY unsafe practices which included making home made salutes using PVC and conduit mortars and selling fireworks out of his garage. His tipover/blowout NOAB story is complete bullshit I bet and it was something unsafe he did. It is indescribable why PU would stick up for this idiot.

foodguy
07-28-2011, 07:35 PM
Just so everyone knows the user was ddwees .He continues to post youtube videos and comment about the fire there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFODFs3gu04

Some people just don't get it.

pyrorick
07-28-2011, 08:18 PM
The quote from the garage owner (renter) was – “A NOAB malfunctioned and burnt my house down”

I don’t think there was anything crazy going on….I think it was poor judgment (not enough distance, unsecured cake, garage door open) and BAD luck….not a good combo.

The garage was only open 24” or so…not sure how close the NOAB was but it looked like they were shooting from the vacant lot across from his house…so the NOAB had to malfunction AND make it into that 10’ x 2’ opening…crazy odds….you could probably light 1,000+ NOABS from the same spot and not replicate that. Bummer for that guy, his family, and the home owners.

When a shell pops in the tube you can get a good bounce...that's my guess...

The guy on PU was not a prominent member but a newer member. He repeatedly broke rules and posted about his MANY unsafe practices which included making home made salutes using PVC and conduit mortars and selling fireworks out of his garage. His tipover/blowout NOAB story is complete bullshit I bet and it was something unsafe he did. It is indescribable why PU would stick up for this idiot.

I take back what I said about bad luck, I took his comments for face value...you know more than I do and I didn’t follow him on PU.

Sounds like he might have been an accident waiting to happen.

floridapyro
07-28-2011, 09:33 PM
The guy on PU was not a prominent member but a newer member. He repeatedly broke rules and posted about his MANY unsafe practices which included making home made salutes using PVC and conduit mortars and selling fireworks out of his garage. His tipover/blowout NOAB story is complete bullshit I bet and it was something unsafe he did. It is indescribable why PU would stick up for this idiot. Couldn't find him over there looked kinda quick but maybe hes deleted or just left.

Palermitano2
07-28-2011, 09:37 PM
He shouldnt be messing around with salutes or with pvc. Its losers like this that ruin it for everyone.......an accident is an accident ok understood. most accidents can be prevented with good planning and total attention to safety.

Pyro Nation
07-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Exactly......

Pyro@Mach13
07-28-2011, 09:50 PM
Couldn't find him over there looked kinda quick but maybe hes deleted or just left.

He is still around and still the same....

floridapyro
07-29-2011, 12:22 AM
He is still around and still the same.... Yep found him hes banned.

pyro man 205
07-29-2011, 01:24 AM
yes an accident is an accident and yes most accidents can be prevented, but when you do not put safety first thean this is what could happen. now if he whould of had his 1. garage door down this whould not have happen,2. was there a charged water hose around ? why didn't any one that was around the house get a hose and spray water in side the garage? no one did a thing to help out. oh wait lets video this that is what we can do? NOB tiping over? NO any why it was a bad thing to happen. every one needs to put SAFETY FIRST!! if not thean dont play with FIRE!!

Palermitano2
07-29-2011, 09:43 AM
yes an accident is an accident and yes most accidents can be prevented, but when you do not put safety first thean this is what could happen. now if he whould of had his 1. garage door down this whould not have happen,2. was there a charged water hose around ? why didn't any one that was around the house get a hose and spray water in side the garage? no one did a thing to help out. oh wait lets video this that is what we can do? NOB tiping over? NO any why it was a bad thing to happen. every one needs to put SAFETY FIRST!! if not thean dont play with FIRE!!
plus one !

Pyro@Mach13
07-29-2011, 10:36 AM

plus two - especially as I already pointed out, they could have HELPED!

Palermitano2
07-29-2011, 07:08 PM
But they wouldnt have been able to video tape it for us????? nice neighbors.......