PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Southern Indiana!

Tehrecon
02-16-2017, 06:39 PM
Afternoon folks. New to the forum, obviously, and I'm located in Newburgh, IN which is just outside of Evansville, Indiana. I do currently have my 54 and am currently looking to expand my knowledge in the field.

Currently purchase through Casabella Pyrotechnics in Corydon, IN just outside Louisville and have had nothing but great experiences with them on all my purchases. Harrison there has been more than helpful with sharing knowledge as well!

PyroManiacs
02-16-2017, 07:07 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk!

chriskrc
02-16-2017, 08:02 PM
Welcome to the forum and great to meet you

displayfireworks1
02-16-2017, 09:24 PM
Welcome to the pyrotalk forums. Glad to hear your purchasing experience with Casabella Pyrotechnics has been positive. How long have you been ATF licensed and what is your level of experience? Are you using any fireworks firing systems , that sort of thing?
http://pix.epodunk.com/locatorMaps/in/IN_5595.gif

Wholesale Fireworks
02-17-2017, 11:17 AM
Welcome to PyroTalk. You are definitely in the right place to help expand your knowledge.

pyromustang
02-17-2017, 05:57 PM
Welcome. from Evansville, IN 10 Minutes or less away from you .

Tehrecon
02-18-2017, 12:17 AM
I've been licensed for going on almost a year. Experience...well, if you're here and have this hobby, I'm sure experience started back when you were a kid, which was the same for me. I always enjoyed consumer fireworks, specifically (when I was younger) "Festival Balls", which were consumer mortars. July 4th and New Years were always my two holidays I looked forward to having fun at and year down the road, I chose to join the big league with 1.3. Before being licensed, I read the orange book front to back to make sure I knew what I got myself into, including the requirements for getting my now magazine, approved. With the only thing holding me back (legally) being $69 state permits and a $1,500 yearly premium for insurance, I finally bit the bullet and hopped on the bandwagon.

A good friend of mine in the field with gave me a manual , 50 cue manual firing system with 4 slats. I come from a background of electronics, so this wasn't much of a challenge to me learning about continuity, series/parallel matches and firing batteries. As far as fire safety, I work as a career firefighter and practice under extreme safety, especially considering we've got a few kids of our own. Every manual or teaching point I can find, I dig into, including the upcoming opportunities on display operator classes this year.

Again, thanks for the warm welcome!

http://www.skynetcentral.net/IMG_1553.JPG

ThorsThunder
02-18-2017, 11:12 AM
Welcome to Pyrotalk! Glad to have you here and thank you for your business and kind words.

Rick_In_Tampa
02-19-2017, 09:11 AM
Okay, I'm tracking everything in the picture except the apple sauce. What is that, some new type of mine?! lol...

Seriously though.. Welcome aboard!

PyroJoeNEPA
02-19-2017, 11:52 AM
Welcome to the Forum.
Lots of people here to chat with & friends to be made.

Big Mark
02-22-2017, 06:06 AM
Yes welcome to Pyrotalk I am sure you will like it here.

ThorsThunder
02-22-2017, 10:38 AM
Okay, I'm tracking everything in the picture except the apple sauce. What is that, some new type of mine?! lol...

Seriously though.. Welcome aboard!

I think Tehrecon meant to put in a "Banana for scale" instead of the applesauce, LOL

Rick_In_Tampa
02-22-2017, 02:39 PM
I think Tehrecon meant to put in a "Banana for scale" instead of the applesauce, LOL

Lol.. Banana... Apple sauce... Both would make a quite tasty mess.

joewad
02-22-2017, 10:14 PM
Does the applesauce improve connectivity?

djsmurf
02-23-2017, 01:34 AM
Apple sauce, how have we left that out for so long? Welcome to the forum!

Fire Art
02-27-2017, 02:52 PM
Welcome to Pyrotalk