PDA

View Full Version : LionFire Fireworks Comp & Music Festival May 27-28, 2017 Slippery Rock, PA

PyroManiacs
02-16-2017, 12:31 AM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a128/KillaNinjaChuklz/LionFire_zps990iwpoh.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/KillaNinjaChuklz/media/LionFire_zps990iwpoh.jpg.html)

http://lionfirefestival.com/

displayfireworks1
02-16-2017, 10:59 AM
Is this a Pyrotecnico event? That funny it says Fireworks Competition and it is in Butler County Pennsylvania, the same county as Pyrofest. I'll have to read about this one to see what is going on. Can you tell us more?

PyroManiacs
02-16-2017, 11:11 AM
LionFire Festival is a production by LionHeart Event Group, formerly Peony Entertainment. This is the group that fully managed PyroFest. It is headed by Derek Weber, a former Pyrotecnico employee.

http://lionhearteventgroup.com/

displayfireworks1
02-16-2017, 11:25 AM
Ha Ha, now that I followed the link and read a little about the event, I suspect I know what is going on. Lets give it a little more time.

PGH_Pyro
02-16-2017, 03:34 PM
more fireworks is more better. lol .
:p

Wholesale Fireworks
02-16-2017, 03:56 PM
I couldn't wait LOL I took advantage of the 15% discount and bought my VIP tickets for Sunday!!!!

PyroManiacs
02-22-2017, 10:35 PM
I just got word that PyroFest will not be returning.

ThorsThunder
02-22-2017, 10:55 PM
Does anyone know who is shooting yet? Pretty big shoes to fill after last year, JS

displayfireworks1
02-22-2017, 11:50 PM
All that is listed on the website is food, ticket sales and a 90 day from now promise. I waiting to see how they promote the event in the next 90 days. Maybe my phone will ring, I don't know. My guess is Pyrotecnico is not going to turn over the email list of prior year ticket buyers to help them promote the event. If they had the email list we would have received an email about the event and the ticket discount. If someone didn't post about it, I would have never known. If someone pulls this off in 90 days I'll be impressed.

PyroManiacs
03-02-2017, 03:35 PM
Here are the club competitors.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a128/KillaNinjaChuklz/lionfireclubs_zps97f9ym4p.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/KillaNinjaChuklz/media/lionfireclubs_zps97f9ym4p.jpg.html)

displayfireworks1
03-02-2017, 03:45 PM
Never heard of them. Are they from around here?

PyroJoeNEPA
03-02-2017, 05:14 PM
Both are great clubs. Should be a very good show!!!

liame
03-03-2017, 12:14 AM
Go NLPC! (sorry local club)

jknepp1954
03-03-2017, 02:24 AM
Two east coast pyrotechnics clubs.
NEOPG - North East Ohio Pyro Guild - of which i am a former member of. I should by rights send my dues in anyway even though i don't participate anymore - great bunch of guys and gals.
NLPC - Northern Lighters Pyro Club - Originally based from the New England States area - but has since "migrated" south to include PA, NY, NJ, MD AND A few other states. I have been a member for this fine club for about 6 or 7 yrs now.
NLPC was also the winners of the 2013 Butler PGI unlimited competition

Wholesale Fireworks
03-03-2017, 09:58 AM
NEOPG great group we know a lot of them personally and they shoot a lot of local stuff in our area including the Mahoning Valley Srappers and November Rain

Have heard good things about NLPC

Good luck to both

PyroManiacs
03-03-2017, 01:57 PM
Im fairly excited myself as I will be joining the NEOPG this spring. I sense good times ahead!

Northern Sky
03-03-2017, 04:37 PM
Never heard of them. Are they from around here?

Dave you might take a look at my signature below. It hasn't changed in a few years.

displayfireworks1
03-03-2017, 07:46 PM
I know you were something in one of these local so called clubs. That NEOPG, is that the club with that mean Russell dude as president. LOL If you part of the display that's great I know you will enjoy it. I still didn't forget you put my Cobra Module on the wrong number 4 years ago at my sportsman club shoot. You won't be in charge of numbering the module for this shoot I hope. LOL

pyrohioman
03-03-2017, 07:48 PM
Dave you might take a look at my signature below. It hasn't changed in a few years.

Looks like you are going to be busy that weekend...NEOPG and NLPC. ;)

Northern Sky
03-03-2017, 07:53 PM
Looks like you are going to be busy that weekend...NEOPG and NLPC. ;)

As will you, hopefully anyway.

They are just gonna be little bitty baby shoes. Club displays not commercial quality or any thing like that.

displayfireworks1
03-03-2017, 08:13 PM
I probably should not give this event so much press time here since they are not one of my advertisers, but I am going to speculate and guess at least one of my advertisers will be doing a professional display. That would be XFX Pyrotechnics, I make that assumption based on the listing of Armstrong's Restaurant as providing the food. Ralph at XFX owns that restaurant. If you remember the very first Pyrofest food that was Armstrong's food. We ate steak that year. LOL XFX is also the main distributor for the FireTEK Fireworks Firing System. Who knows maybe we will see a FireTEK display.
Is there anyone out there that wants to guess who the other display companies will be shooting displays at this event. My guess is XFX will be one of them. Let see they went about about a total of 50 miles from Coopers Lake for the food and fireworks club competition. Any guesses?

displayfireworks1
03-03-2017, 08:17 PM
Northern Sky, can you give us any details about the club display? Is it budget limited , rules on product? That sort of thing.

Northern Sky
03-03-2017, 09:48 PM
Northern Sky, can you give us any details about the club display? Is it budget limited , rules on product? That sort of thing.

I knew a bit about a good bit of it but am not allowed to comment much. It isn't my position. The coordinators don't want to misinform anyone or scare any competitors off if they don't think they can win or make at least a competitive entry.

I do believe that XFX is not entering a commercial display. I'll let Ralph carry his torch. His food however is top shelf. I've been to several events he has catered and I gotta tell ya it sucked Royalty. No matter how much I tried my stomach couldn't hold everything I JAMMED in my face. Second to none.

As far as budget goes, both clubs have a limited but fair budget. Let's face it, no matter what the budget, I'm sure I like most of us could figure out a way to burn it one way or another.and still want more.

The unique thing about the clubs chosen, wenall know each other very will. MAFF Mid Atlantic Fireworks Festival is put on by NLPC. This year's display is near the end of April South East of DC. I personally have NLPC and MAFF to thank for bringing me where I am with PYRO.

We have similar styles since we have the same mentors. NLPC has more talent and members than NEOPG but NEOPG won't lay down to big brother. I think it is safe to say that without NLPC, NEOPG wouldn't be a club. Our founding built NEOPG on NLPCs foundation literally.

Product all has to have EX numbers for us anyway. That takes our fireballs out. That's a tough pill to swallow as they have become a signature of ours.

I can't speculate for the rest of the event but the clubs can only use fireworks.

I'll try to share what I can as time gets closer. I just hope the word can get out fast enough to fill the audience. Pyrotecnico relied heavily on word if mouth. Was there a mailing list? Who knows?
I do know that there are some big shoes to be filled. Pyrotecnico is a HUGE company. Their dream was to bring international competition to the USA and decided to be the spearhead. Their first year was similar to but larger than other things bi had seen. Ricassa's contribution . . . .
If you missed any of their displays . . . .
They've won international all over the world. Everyday spectators liked watching him but to people that have some the slightest idea of what was happening and what went into every cue placement; masterful comes to mind.

Pyrotecnico/Pyrofest is/was a well oiled army.

This year is a different brand of entertainment. It will be fabulous I'm sure. I just hope everyone has a safe enjoyable time.

PyroManiacs
03-14-2017, 01:56 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a128/KillaNinjaChuklz/CelFire_zpsro8p3eis.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/KillaNinjaChuklz/media/CelFire_zpsro8p3eis.jpg.html)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a128/KillaNinjaChuklz/IPC_zpsctpbxfng.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/KillaNinjaChuklz/media/IPC_zpsctpbxfng.jpg.html)

RalphieJ
03-14-2017, 02:30 PM
Will this be a fierce, cutthroat competition like the old days where you had to guard your finale set-ups with bats and shotguns to thwart sabotage from other competitors?

displayfireworks1
03-14-2017, 05:56 PM
Whats next Bixler Pyrotechnics? Oh wait , maybe Starfire?

PyroJoeNEPA
03-15-2017, 05:24 PM
Here is the latest--2 Pro companies announced & 2 clubs announcer.
http://lionfirefestival.com/entertainment/the-competition/

displayfireworks1
03-15-2017, 05:41 PM
Two more to go, Joe I know you work with Bixler , are you guys invited? You wouldn't tell anyway. I have to admit its fun trying to guess who the next company will be. I see they got some local music talent The Defibulators and Bitch Slap or whatever their name is. I'm still waiting for my phone to ring to promote it, maybe it will or maybe it will not.

PyroManiacs
03-15-2017, 07:19 PM
... Bitch Slap or whatever their name is.

HAHA, this is classic!

displayfireworks1
03-17-2017, 07:10 PM
I received an email about one of my post in this thread. When I said whats next Bixler and Starfire , I did not mean they are bad companies. I was referencing they are the next closest geographic pick in reference to the distance from the event. I seriously doubt Zambelli would want to be a part of this, those two companies are the next closest display companies. I have no idea who the final two companies will be. I apologize for any misunderstanding. I am trying to make humor with the drama of the event selection process. A Bixler pyrotechnic display from 2011 is actually one of my featured video on the main page of pyrotalk. Starfire is a well respected company in Pennsylvania, even if Vince is mad at me for one reason or another, he and particularly his father have treated me respectfully over the years. I await the final 2 selected display companies. It will be a real coincidence if it is Bixler and Starfire.

pyrola
03-17-2017, 09:38 PM
I received an email about one of my post in this thread. When I said whats next Bixler and Starfire , I did not mean they are bad companies. I was referencing they are the next closest geographic pick in reference to the distance from the event. I seriously doubt Zambelli would want to be a part of this, those two companies are the next closest display companies. I have no idea who the final two companies will be. I apologize for any misunderstanding. I am trying to make humor with the drama of the event selection process. A Bixler pyrotechnic display from 2011 is actually one of my featured video on the main page of pyrotalk. Starfire is a well respected company in Pennsylvania, even if Vince is mad at me for one reason or another, he and particularly his father have treated me respectfully over the years. I await the final 2 selected display companies. It will be a real coincidence if it is Bixler and Starfire.

its weird how people interpret things. when i read your post i read it as the geographic region too not the capabilities of the companies named

PyroManiacs
03-17-2017, 11:48 PM
People just like to complain.

djsmurf
03-21-2017, 11:42 PM
Neopg ftw :)

pyrola
03-27-2017, 08:11 PM
anyone heard of when the next round of competitors will be announced?

PyroManiacs
03-31-2017, 06:06 PM
Competitor #3

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a128/KillaNinjaChuklz/atlas%20pyro_zpsaavnlhxx.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/KillaNinjaChuklz/media/atlas%20pyro_zpsaavnlhxx.jpg.html)

displayfireworks1
03-31-2017, 06:58 PM
At PyroManiac1981 , thanks for monitoring this event. I am on standby waiting for the final selection. Then I'll probably get marching orders to make the video announcement and get this event some ticket sales. The nice thing about this location for people from out of town. Any hotel along Interstate 79 from Pittsburgh to Erie is a reasonable driving distance to the event. That includes from the Pittsburgh or Erie airports.

PyroManiacs
03-31-2017, 08:28 PM
The funny thing is that I have already been asked to help build during this event too, but low and behold, Ill once again be in Detroit this same weekend. If for any strange reason I don't make it to Detroit, you know where Ill be.

pyrola
04-20-2017, 01:37 PM
whats going on with this event? havent heard much and 4th competitor has yet to be announced. anyone hearing what is going on? i am thinking about traveling to it

PyroManiacs
04-20-2017, 03:40 PM
Nothing announced yet as far as the #4 spot.

pyrola
04-21-2017, 03:44 PM
Nothing announced yet as far as the #4 spot.

do you know when they anticipate making this announcement?

displayfireworks1
04-21-2017, 10:42 PM
Its a brave undertaking two days of pyro. I am sure it may effect out of state attendance with this late of a notice. As soon as they tell me I am ready to tell my YouTube subscribers.

PyroJoeNEPA
04-24-2017, 09:05 PM
LionFire Postponed !!!!

Due to unforeseen circumstances, LionFire Festival 2017 is being postponed to provide the best possible experience for everyone involved. Future plans will be announced soon. We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope you will join us for the inaugural LionFire Festival!

Ticket buyers will be notified via email of all options available to them.

From their Facebook page :https://www.facebook.com/lionfirefest/photos/a.178031899352040.1073741828.140558983099332/213998942422002/?type=3&theater

I am guessing the logistics got the best of them & they were not able to get the #4 Pro Display Company lined up for the event---my thoughts!

PyroManiacs
04-24-2017, 10:45 PM
I felt something like this was going to happen since they were taking so long to release the final competitor name.