PDA

View Full Version : Smoke balls

Bgreen
02-12-2017, 04:45 AM
Hey guys I was wondering if any of you know the ration to cover the cup sets for smoke balls what percent waterglass to water how much to put in how much saw dust do you put in at a time. Do you dip the cup sets then tumble them in the saw dust? Or how have you herd it being done?

countryboy7978
02-12-2017, 06:18 PM
If you are going to tumble them, make sure the cups are glued shut with a water resistant type of glue or a turn of good kraft tape. Toss them in the tumbler (you can use an open ball mill propped up). Put the water glass solution in a disposable spray bottle. Turn on the tumbler and lightly spray the sealed cups. Toss in your saw dust that has been screened and dyed a little at a time. Don't over do it. Continue to spray the cups adding more dust until they have about 3-4 layers. Let them dry partially, using a drill press, drill your holes, insert the fuse, seal with NC laquer or elmers. Oh yeah, don't kill yourself.

countryboy7978
02-12-2017, 06:19 PM
The silicate syrup I used was ok to be sprayed. You can thin it out if needed.

Bgreen
02-12-2017, 09:30 PM
If you are going to tumble them, make sure the cups are glued shut with a water resistant type of glue or a turn of good kraft tape. Toss them in the tumbler (you can use an open ball mill propped up). Put the water glass solution in a disposable spray bottle. Turn on the tumbler and lightly spray the sealed cups. Toss in your saw dust that has been screened and dyed a little at a time. Don't over do it. Continue to spray the cups adding more dust until they have about 3-4 layers. Let them dry partially, using a drill press, drill your holes, insert the fuse, seal with NC laquer or elmers. Oh yeah, don't kill yourself.

Thank you for the info!!! And hahah yup I will try my best to avoid the whole killing my self thing hahaha. For the drill bit I was thinkin a brass rod not a normal drill bit maybe make it a tad safer?