PDA

View Full Version : Firework show during full solar eclipse?

christopher.issler
02-10-2017, 11:52 PM
Hey guys, Aug 21st there will be a narrow corridor across the US which will have the opportunity of having a full solar eclipse.

Does anyone know of anywhere where there will be a firework show during the eclipse? I live in NEPA and would love to see a daytime color firework show...but im a few hundred miles away from the nearest spot.

Captaindlapnuts
03-19-2017, 06:37 PM
Interesting idea. I doubt anyone will do it, though. Does it even truly get dark enough? I've never seen one, to be honest. Would be cool to see fireworks in the middle of the day, though.

Kenny East
05-21-2017, 10:59 PM
That would be kinda cool, how long does the eclipse usually last for though... Thought it was just a few minutes. Maybe

PyroManiacs
05-22-2017, 08:15 AM
Last eclipse I remember was about 30 years ago, I was in gradeschool. I think it only lasted a few minutes....just enough time for a finale!

Kenny East
05-29-2017, 02:14 AM
Best place to hold that show would be near Kansas city Missouri... Total eclipse there... I'm further north, forecasting a near total but with a small off set... Only for a few minutes like 0:02:31... Gotta be a San Diego style show...

shake the cove
07-30-2017, 08:50 PM
Last eclipse I remember was about 30 years ago, I was in gradeschool. I think it only lasted a few minutes....just enough time for a finale!
I am lucky enough to be in the area of totality over 2.5 minutes of darkness. No show yet in my area that I heard of but I plan on firing 3 1.3 cakes and maybe a dozen canister shells. I schedules the day off from work when I heard about it last november. I remember a partial eclispe back in the 60's when in grade school in New England...It should be an experience.

Cerus
08-01-2017, 02:58 PM
The totality area is quite a long stretch across the US with my home in Southern IL being the area of the longest duration. But it really doesn't get all that dark - at least not for a good show.

displayfireworks1
08-01-2017, 06:03 PM
Some of you guys may experience more of the eclipse than others. It would be great to shoot some fireworks off during the eclipse. Here is some of what I found.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgNgCEeY05Q&feature=youtu.be

On Monday, August 21, a total solar eclipse is expected to cross the United States, stretching from Oregon to South Carolina – the first visible in the continental U.S. in nearly 40 years.
The total solar eclipse is expected to pass through Idaho, Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina. If you’re not living in these areas, don’t fret! A partial solar eclipse can be seen in the sky for all other states, so you won’t completely miss out on all the excitement

If you’re in a 70-mile-way band across the country, you can watch as the moon appears to completely cover the sun. Clear your schedules now because this is something you don’t want to miss out on.

Eclipses happen every 18 months somewhere in the world – but this one’s different, and much more special. The event next month will be a total eclipse. The last time a total eclipse appeared anywhere in the U.S. was 1991 – and only people in Hawaii could see it. The last one visible to Americans living in the Lower 48 was 1979 .

Anything else you might’ve witnessed was only a partial or annual eclipse – and yes, those are much more common, averaging on a few times per year. Partial eclipses like on Christmas Day 2000 or annual eclipses from May 10, 1994 are fun to observe, but they’re nothing compared to what you’ll encounter on August 21.

Americans who miss this one won’t be able to see another until 2024.

cherrybomb1
08-02-2017, 09:09 AM
I had a total eclipse at my place last Sunday.The mother in law came over to take a dip in the pool.It lasted about 3 hours!lol

TNtwister
08-02-2017, 01:46 PM
I am lucky enough to be in the area of totality over 2.5 minutes of darkness. No show yet in my area that I heard of but I plan on firing 3 1.3 cakes and maybe a dozen canister shells. I schedules the day off from work when I heard about it last november. I remember a partial eclispe back in the 60's when in grade school in New England...It should be an experience.

Sure hope it doesn't rain.

PyroManiacs
08-02-2017, 06:25 PM
I had a total eclipse at my place last Sunday.The mother in law came over to take a dip in the pool.It lasted about 3 hours!lol

Haha, nice!

cherrybomb1
08-04-2017, 02:45 AM
Haha, nice!

Figures a guy from philly would get get my smart ass sense of humor!lol.I was stationed at Mcguire AFB years ago.Miss the food out east.You ever eat at Nick's Old Original Roast Beef?.I swear I have dreams about those gravy fries.

PyroManiacs
08-04-2017, 07:10 AM
You ever eat at Nick's Old Original Roast Beef?.I swear I have dreams about those gravy fries.

Some of the best! Nicks was 5 minutes from where I lived.

Only time I ever been out towards the AFB was for MEPS at Dix when I enlisted in the Army 15 years ago. Nice place! :rolleyes:

cherrybomb1
08-05-2017, 12:35 AM
Wrightstown was a dump.But once you got to know the area it was great.Philly,Jersey shore etc.My boss was from south philly so that's how I found out about Nicks.He would take me to Bulls and Cubs games when they were I town.A lot of good times!

displayfireworks1
08-21-2017, 11:29 AM
Well today is the day for the eclipse. I believe it will be around 80% in my area Pittsburgh at 2:30 pm. I may try to get some video. Anyone have anything planned?

BillRoss
08-21-2017, 12:24 PM
Well today is the day for the eclipse. I believe it will be around 80% in my area Pittsburgh at 2:30 pm. I may try to get some video. Anyone have anything planned?

The Carnegie Library in Beaver Falls is sponsoring an eclipse viewing party and giving out safe viewing glasses. I may head over there.

jbt68
08-23-2017, 12:06 PM
Well, no formal display during the 81% eclipse we had in my area. We did send up 12 shells at the moment of greatest eclipse though!

jamisonlm3
08-23-2017, 12:28 PM
Personally, the eclipse was the show itself. Everyone get ready for 2024! The 8th of April we get another!
https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEgoogle/SEgoogle2001/SE2024Apr08Tgoogle.html