PDA

View Full Version : My First 1.3 Display on the Farm

89mitch
02-05-2017, 01:23 AM
We are working on gathering and planning for my first real show ill be designing and putting together it will have substantial pre-setup, electronic firing, 1.4 and 1.3 product. We have purchased most of our 1.4 for the show and are reviewing what we will be using for the 1.3 in the show. For the 1.4 there will be over 288 1.75 consumer mortars and 56 cakes with 1.3 at least 60 3" shells and 2 1.3 cakes. Should be a good show. Just ordered my new Firetek system to try out we are going to slow fuse sections of the show and use the electric match to lite them off to best utilize the 48 cues. I have 23 new consumer 2" racks to build and tubes to assemble and 80 3" tubes and racks to build. Next step is to go to the township and get our permit for the show and see what requirements they will want. the plan is to have the show on july 2nd so pray for good weather ;)

chriskrc
02-05-2017, 10:29 AM
Good luck to you and looking forward to seeing a video of a great show.

displayfireworks1
02-05-2017, 10:58 AM
Nice, that is what I talking about. You are putting that new ATF license to good use. You also moving into electrical firing with the FireTEK, you are advancing nicely. It sounds like you have the geographic clearance to shoot some 1.3 products. Be sure to search the township website first, to see if they even have a fireworks permit requirement. Then proceed from there. Be sure to tell them you are ATF licensed. Once you receive and experiment with your FireTEK give us an update. Did you see some of my videos about FireTEK? I'll post a few here to get you in the mood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlnV_Dnjl7M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqtgFc_KFuo
This was has that annoying kid it in unfortunately. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeNs15H8seY
XFX Pyrotechnics and I are planning a more in depth review of the FireTek using some of its advanced features , we just need some warmer weather.

89mitch
02-05-2017, 11:17 AM
When i helped out at the collier sportsman club last year that pretty much sold me on the system with the expansion ability and the simplicity of the rails being able to just run cat6 to where we need the rails. We have two of the chineese firing systems giving us 24 cues with them and with the firetek that will add another 48 giving us 72 cues to work with. We are going to split one set of 12 cues and useone rail on our rigjt position and one on the left that will both fire at the same time for our consumer shells and then use the rest of the cues for cakes and the finale. We should be able to enjoy and watch the show as we shoot it lol. I went for the module this year and if i get some donations from a few other shows im planning on doing this year then ill pick up a remote but for now we will use the app to fire the firetek and see how that goes. And thanks for the extra video reminders for the firetek dave ;)

PyroJoeNEPA
02-05-2017, 01:38 PM
Best wishes for your show Mitch! I don't think there is a person on the forum here in the USA that doesn't hold their breath when it comes to the weather around the 4th.

89mitch
02-09-2017, 09:13 AM
Just stopped tuesday at the township to request my permit for the show so we will see

Pyro47240
02-24-2017, 10:57 AM
Just stopped tuesday at the township to request my permit for the show so we will see

Do you require a S10,000 to S1,000,000 insurance policy in PA? How are you guys full-filling this requirement? I have my Type54 and want to do some 1.3 stuff on private property, but my ATF agent has told me I need to be complaint with all of the requirements of permits and insurance, and of course I want to. Permits are no problem I can make that happen, but the insurance cost is insane for a guy who just wants to shoot some 1.3 items on private land. Any ideas and advice is greatly appreciated.