View Full Version : Looking for good firework stores near northern Illinois

Gallant Armor
01-19-2017, 07:41 PM
As the title suggests I am looking for ideas on where to buy near northern Illinois (preferably Wisconsin). I drive to Wisconsin or Indiana most years, usually to Phantom. I enjoy their products but I have heard they are overpriced and thought I would ask to see what other options are available. I generally spend around $500, but I would be willing to spend more to meet wholesale minimums if needed. I have looked for wholesalers, but I couldn't find any with good catalogs online that are within a reasonable driving distance.

Any advice on either wholesale or retail options would be appreciated!

Rick_In_Tampa
01-19-2017, 09:47 PM
As the title suggests I am looking for ideas on where to buy near northern Illinois (preferably Wisconsin). I drive to Wisconsin or Indiana most years, usually to Phantom. I enjoy their products but I have heard they are overpriced and thought I would ask to see what other options are available. I generally spend around $500, but I would be willing to spend more to meet wholesale minimums if needed. I have looked for wholesalers, but I couldn't find any with good catalogs online that are within a reasonable driving distance.

Spirit of 76 dropped their wholesale minimum to $500 for pyrotalk members. You're still going to have to bump up your budget to cover shipping though, unless you want to drive to Missouri to pick them up.

My guess is if you can squeeze out another $100 - $150 you're going to get a ton more from SO76 than you will driving to Phantom. You'll have to run the numbers to figure that one out.

Have you considered partnering up with any friends, family members, Illinois pyro's to do a group buy? If you can find a few pyro's in your area to pool your resources, I'm sure you can do even better.

Gallant Armor
01-19-2017, 10:52 PM
Spirit of 76 dropped their wholesale minimum to $500 for pyrotalk members. You're still going to have to bump up your budget to cover shipping though, unless you want to drive to Missouri to pick them up.

My guess is if you can squeeze out another $100 - $150 you're going to get a ton more from SO76 than you will driving to Phantom. You'll have to run the numbers to figure that one out.

Have you considered partnering up with any friends, family members, Illinois pyro's to do a group buy? If you can find a few pyro's in your area to pool your resources, I'm sure you can do even better.

Spirit of '76 and B.J. Alan both looked good but were a little further then I wanted to go (both are around 6 hour drives). I usually go to Wisconsin with friends to get together and put on a mini-show and I'd like to get the haul on the way there if possible. The savings seem substantial though and could be worth the trip.

Wholesale Fireworks
01-20-2017, 10:30 AM

Gallant Armor
You are definitely doing the right thing by shopping around. If you haven't had an opportunity to check us out, keep in mind that we can ship your fireworks to you and you don't have to drive anywhere except to the freight terminal to pick up the order. Check us out, and feel free to give us a call with any questions.

Bigjohnson
01-21-2017, 03:12 PM
Sent you a message

PyroManiacs
01-21-2017, 03:21 PM
I did as well.