PDA

View Full Version : Favorites From '76 Fireworks?

esgrillo
01-17-2017, 10:37 PM
Getting ready to place my order with '76. I always have some perennial favorites but looking for some input on what others think. I get 200g, 500g, shells, and a lot of their proline. Let me know.

Rick_In_Tampa
01-18-2017, 06:15 PM
Getting ready to place my order with '76. I always have some perennial favorites but looking for some input on what others think. I get 200g, 500g, shells, and a lot of their proline. Let me know.

Ed - We just placed an order with SO76 for the first time. Very excited to use their products this year based in large part on what we saw with your show last year! Truly a killer performance.

I watched every video of every 200G and 500G cake they offer, and without going into the entire list, here are some highlights of what I came up with.

I plan to open the show with a bunch of 200G cakes and red strobes. Specifically:
12 - Medal of Honor
40 - Shockers (Assorted) (8x5)
24 - Seal Team 6 (4x6)
18 - Fan-Blastic - 16 shots
24 - Red Strobes (60sec)

In between I have 124 more 500G cakes lined up.

One of my goals this year was to build a wall of red, white, and blue. The closest I was able to come is using some peony cakes. So the pre-finale is going to be a case of:

36s Red Peony (25sec) - 36 shots
36s Silver Peony (25sec) - 36 shots
36s Blue Peony (25sec) - 36 shots

I'm going to use some firewire initiators for the first time to set off 1 each at a time to (hopefully) fill the sky with red, white, and blue.

For the finale I have 240 Hellcat and Smoke n Mirrors mortars that are going up at the same time.

Punctuating the end of the show will be a Super Sweep Twilight Glitter Comet, kind of like the one in your avatar!

That's my plan and I'm sticking to it! Lol...

esgrillo
01-18-2017, 07:13 PM
Rick, thanks Ill check them out. You are on the right track with your red white and blue wall idea. I had that in my last show with the 8 sec Z Peony cakes and I though it looked pretty good. They start at about the 17:365 mark.

https://youtu.be/ULOS-ZfDCN4?t=1054

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULOS-ZfDCN4&feature=youtu.be&t=1054

ras1986
01-18-2017, 10:26 PM
I did that last year with the 3 cakes. I shot 2 cases of each red white and blue 36 shot peony all at once. It was pretty legit. Ed!!! Get humming snakes, the 8 second version, it's a sweet cap to shoot a case of them all at once at the end.. or 10 cases... I also wanna see their new stuff like the double crackle or nishiki kamuro 9 shot cake. Also, the yin yang n.o.a.b. is sick

PyroManiacs
01-18-2017, 11:09 PM
Awesome show, Esgrillo!

esgrillo
01-19-2017, 12:26 AM
Ras, yeah, I am planning on adding the nishiki kamuro as well. I saw that double crackle too and liked it. Have you actually seen the yin yang go off?

esgrillo
01-19-2017, 01:15 AM
thanks pryoM

Chris23
01-19-2017, 03:39 AM
I had that in my last show

Hell yeah!! What a great show!!!

jknepp1954
01-19-2017, 08:05 AM
esgrillo - as ras has said - humming snakes is a super kewl effect!!! LOVE IT - going to start to keep a couple cs around every year for my own shows.
I am not a big fan of 3" NOABs - but Yin Yang is probably one of the best ones out there.

Rick_In_Tampa
01-19-2017, 12:18 PM
Rick, thanks Ill check them out. You are on the right track with your red white and blue wall idea. I had that in my last show with the 8 sec Z Peony cakes and I though it looked pretty good. They start at about the 17:365 mark.

I thought it looked really good!! If my idea works half as good I'll be very pleased.

Rick_In_Tampa
01-19-2017, 12:20 PM
I did that last year with the 3 cakes. I shot 2 cases of each red white and blue 36 shot peony all at once. It was pretty legit.

RAS - Thanks for validating my theory. I'm very excited about this years show!

PyroManiacs
01-19-2017, 03:01 PM
I agree on NOABs, Im not a fan.... but that Yin Yang one stuck out to me in the show. I would like to see that one in person.

trailtreepyro
01-20-2017, 12:42 AM

Last year was the first time I've ever put a show together and it was all '76
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aakQXq1JhKk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aakQXq1JhKk&app=desktop

I'm not a huge fan of crackle but the crowd usually is. So, at the 1:45 mark I've got gunslinger followed by shockwave and Jaws. All are <500g cakes from '76. There are only six inexpensive cakes going (2 of each), so the cost for this part of the show is minimal and the crowd really liked it.

Just prior to that 1:05 is Matrix Pyro which is a 350g cake that I will order again.

Airboss was a crowd favorite along with Amazing Ballet. Whacky Tobacky looked really nice,too just wish the price per shot was a little lower so I could use more.

I liked WindUp. 2 cakes at 5:18 mark. Lasts about a minute and picks up the pace at the end. Has strobe effect

Trying out several proline items this year, but the stuff I've listed above will all be used again. I ordered a few fan cakes last year that I thought were good, but I need to better figure out how to support them in a show, as they weren't that impressive as stand alones (Western Sky, backyard King and One Bad Piggy)... mostly because of the pause in between each rally of shots