PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks Training Manuals

displayfireworks1
01-16-2017, 10:08 PM
Someone came out with a 13 volume fireworks training manuals. I have no opinion on them because i did not get a chance to review them. I do have permission to give one of them away for free to members of the pyrotalk forums. Volume 1 is in pdf form. You are going to need to log in and open the attached document for the link to the pdf file. Copy and paste that link on your browser. I also converted the pdf to a video. If you get a chance check it out and post your opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ykcXh7i8-s
Open document for download. If the link in the document does not work let me know.

PyroJoeNEPA
01-17-2017, 06:20 PM
Dave--this is a veritable GOLD MINE of pyro information for everyone from the casual hobbyist, to the advanced shooters and builders. I went thru the entire 196 pages [although I did not read every page word for word] and was amazed at the compilation of information Mr Prokes has assembled in this document. It has [almost] everything you would find in the BATF "Orange Book", The PGI Display Operators Certification Course, articles and charts of tech data, and lots of really nice pictures.
I would highly recommend everyone on the Pyro Talk Forums download this book and browse thru it. Regardless of your skill level or degree of involvement there is something in here for everyone. Even if it is only a few topics that might be of interest to you, check it out. You won't be sorry.
Thanks for putting this out for us. I see many hours of enjoyable reading to be found there.

displayfireworks1
01-17-2017, 07:51 PM
Pyrojoe, thanks for reviewing Vol.1. I value your opinion. If anyone else finds time to review volume one and wants to post a comment please do so. Volume one is free to pyrotalk forums members, all you have to do is sign in and paste the link in your browser. I have the other volumes and briefly looked at them. It is very interesting.

NWPA
01-17-2017, 08:30 PM
Wow. Who is Milan Prokes. Someone in the firework world I somehow missed. This was a monumental task I'm sure.

displayfireworks1
01-17-2017, 09:23 PM
There is whole back story behind the creation. I am going to try to talk with him again in the next week. The other volumes are just as extensive.

ajp989
01-18-2017, 09:27 AM
Wow alot of good info here......Here is his website with the other volumes https://www.fireworksmanual.com/books

ajp989
01-18-2017, 09:53 AM
I would really be interested in getting Rigging & Electrical Firing Vol. 3 and Accident Studies and Safety Vol. 5 but $49.99 for the digital download is high for me.

NWPA
01-18-2017, 01:13 PM
Considering the amount of work involved and not a broad market, fair price I think.

Chris23
01-19-2017, 03:44 AM
Considering the amount of work involved and not a broad market, fair price I think.

Amen! Look at the cost of Textbooks $200+ and thats being mass distributed...

Skimmed through it real fast, good info and well thought out.

PyroManiacs
01-19-2017, 11:32 AM
Im looking at getting vol.#2, #4 and #7.

ajp989
01-19-2017, 12:46 PM
I agree im just going to buy them one at a time. He really did put alot of work and time into this. This should be read front to back from the hobbyist to the professional.

RalphieJ
01-19-2017, 01:49 PM
A little bit more detailed than my training (hand-fired shows way back when we used battery boxes for the single shells, racks for 2" and 3" only, and buried the flights and finale) which was 1) "Never put any part of your body over the gun." 2) "Put 'em in, put 'em up, pull 'em out." and 3) "If your hands are still shaking by the third shell, you're in the wrong business."

displayfireworks1
01-19-2017, 01:59 PM
Anyone looking to purchase any of these manuals, wait a little longer. I'll some announcements soon.

Tehrecon
02-16-2017, 06:36 PM
Anyone looking to purchase any of these manuals, wait a little longer. I'll some announcements soon.

Dave, any more information on this? Have the intent to purchase a couple here shortly. Thanks!

displayfireworks1
02-16-2017, 09:11 PM
I am finalizing things with him now. if it goes as planned I will have a discount code for purchase. I have to admit it going slower than planned. Like most things in my life I can control what I do, when I have something to do, I do it.. When I have to depend on other people it may or may not go as fast as I want it to go when I want to accomplish something. Let me try to get things moving on this.

Tehrecon
02-16-2017, 09:34 PM
No worries or rush...thanks for the hand!

displayfireworks1
02-25-2017, 12:07 PM
This company is now one of my advertisers and they gave me a discount code to pass along to my youtube subscribers. The free volume #1 is now available to everyone. If this is something anyone is interested in here is the information.
https://www.fireworksmanual.com/
Free Download of Volume Number 1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o8vm10e6wdr4f7t/FHB-2014-1_Regs_v.1.3.pdf?dl=0
15 % Discount Code use all capital letters DISPLAYFIREWORKS1

PyroManiacs
02-25-2017, 09:08 PM
Good news. Thanks Dave.

GulfPyro
05-06-2017, 05:31 PM
This is a really good read.. Lots of great info. Thxs Dave

rheausler
06-22-2017, 09:55 AM
I tried to download volume 1 but the dropbox link did not work. Is it still free or do I need to purchase it?

albinnie
07-09-2017, 08:17 PM
This looks like an interesting series, but the link doesn't work anymore...

Bitzan
01-25-2024, 03:08 PM
Realizing this is a very old thread I was curious if I could still obtain Volume 1 at no cost?