PDA

View Full Version : What's up Pyros!!!

Chris23
01-13-2017, 01:16 AM
Chris here from Miami, FL aka protect your farms with all you got on the 4th and NYE :cool:

Been into Pyro since Neptune Fireworks had mail order catalogs and TK's were on the shelf in the Dania store in 97. Started w a simple $30 assortment and never looked back! I was that crazed kid no one understood staring at catologs for months and only wanted money for Christmas (NO TOYS!!) so I could blow a whopping $100 in Cocoa Beach Thunderbolt Fireworks lol.

Ex member of the u, Pyro review,
Video watcher on fireworksforall, fireworksland, and many years later Dave (Da Man!!)

Between work and all i haven't paid attention as much to Pyro, but one of my bucket list items has always been a Type 54, and as Dave has said its nearly impossible down here in Florida. But this year I'm not giving up. I'll find a way!!

Cheers everyone, may you have a Strong/Successful 2017!!!!!

PyroManiacs
01-13-2017, 01:18 AM
Welcome to PyroTalk, Chris!

chriskrc
01-13-2017, 07:53 AM
Welcome to the forum and great to meet you.

displayfireworks1
01-13-2017, 08:03 AM
Great history on your post. The problem in the state of Florida is the two 1.3 companies I am aware of will not sell 1.3 fireworks for private use. But at the same time they tell me they need helpers to work on their in commerce displays. One of the guys I spoke with is so miserable on the phone I don't know how he even gets any business.
That has not stopped at least one forums member, he built his own magazine and is able to get 1.3 fireworks. If anyone knows of a 1.3 distributor in the state of Florida that is selling 1.3 and is looking for new customers, please send me a private message.

Bazerk
01-13-2017, 10:59 AM
Yea, you should check that guy out that Dave is talking about. He did an awesome job on that magazine. :cool:

PyroJoeNEPA
01-13-2017, 11:48 AM
Welcome to the Forum Chris. Bazerk can give you a lot of "first hand" info on the do's & dont's in Fla.

jknepp1954
01-13-2017, 02:07 PM
Welcome to the forum Chris. Many Florida folks on here.

infante0216
01-13-2017, 02:17 PM
Yea, you should check that guy out that Dave is talking about. He did an awesome job on that magazine. :cool:

yes indeed :cool:

infante0216
01-13-2017, 02:20 PM
Welcome CHRIS23, I'm also from Miami fl, along side other folks that are from Sunshine state on here.

Chris23
01-13-2017, 02:39 PM
Great history on your post. The problem in the state of Florida is the two 1.3 companies I am aware of will not sell 1.3 fireworks for private use. But at the same time they tell me they need helpers to work on their in commerce displays. One of the guys I spoke with is so miserable on the phone I don't know how he even gets any business.

Actually Dave I did a few shoots for a company down here (not sure if it's the same one you're referring to) but it's exactly how you said! I worked hard on several shoots for a damn cheeseburger just to prove myself. When I brought up the idea of contingency the guy pretty much said "I run this area and no one can take my shows" so I left.

Btw thanks for the fast shipping w the DVD packet. I like the way you break things down in the vid.

Chris23
01-13-2017, 02:40 PM
yes indeed :cool:

Lol what's up man! Never thought I'd see people so close!!! Looks like a nice stash in your avatar

Chris23
01-13-2017, 02:41 PM
Bazerk, just went through the whole thread, you're the man to say the least! Congratz!!!

Chris23
01-13-2017, 02:50 PM
Welcome to the forum Chris. Many Florida folks on here.

Hi Joyce good to see you still very active in the forums. I remember you from the other site. I've always admired your inventory! You definitely cherry pick ;)

Bazerk
01-13-2017, 03:04 PM
Bazerk, just went through the whole thread, you're the man to say the least! Congratz!!!

I, like you, tried to get contingency from the two players down here and pretty much got the same shitty attitude that you do so I built my own. Best thing I ever did in relations to this hobby my friend.

Rick_In_Tampa
01-13-2017, 09:28 PM

Lol.. If you do say so yourself!!

By the way... I concur!!

Wholesale Fireworks
01-16-2017, 10:43 AM
Welcome to the forum Chris. Great to have you aboard.

Fire Art
01-23-2017, 03:19 PM
Welcome to the forums and good luck with your 54. Maybe someday we can start a satellite operation down there and give these guys a run for their money.

Bazerk
01-23-2017, 03:57 PM
Welcome to the forums and good luck with your 54. Maybe someday we can start a satellite operation down there and give these guys a run for their money.

There is no run for the money to deal with. They dont want to deal with the public, period. Ive never had such a hard time trying to give my money to any business ever. These guys like being the only ones to be able to legally get this stuff and that is the end of it. Nothing left to the story. Anyone who opened a 1.3 satellite down here would instantly get all 1.3 sales in the state, no question about it. I am not opposed to working with someone on trying to make it happen either. I have access to land and have an in with the local fire marshal in the same area as my magazine.

Rick_In_Tampa
01-23-2017, 05:39 PM
There is no run for the money to deal with. They dont want to deal with the public, period. Ive never had such a hard time trying to give my money to any business ever. These guys like being the only ones to be able to legally get this stuff and that is the end of it. Nothing left to the story. Anyone who opened a 1.3 satellite down here would instantly get all 1.3 sales in the state, no question about it. I am not opposed to working with someone on trying to make it happen either. I have access to land and have an in with the local fire marshal in the same area as my magazine.

Boy that sounds like a beautiful (potential) business arrangement!! That would make getting a 54 a lot easier for people like me too. If I lived closer I'd definitely be willing to help get that operation up and running. (If there's anything I can do from Tampa to help, send me a PM).

I've contacted a number of vendors down here; including the owner of a business who belongs to the same pyro club I'm in; and NONE of them seem interested in selling 1.3 to us little people. It's insane.

Bazerk
01-23-2017, 05:57 PM
Boy that sounds like a beautiful (potential) business arrangement!! That would make getting a 54 a lot easier for people like me too. If I lived closer I'd definitely be willing to help get that operation up and running. (If there's anything I can do from Tampa to help, send me a PM).

I've contacted a number of vendors down here; including the owner of a business who belongs to the same pyro club I'm in; and NONE of them seem interested in selling 1.3 to us little people. It's insane.

I wouldnt limit it to 1.3 only. Having a better selection of good quality 1.4 would make a huge difference here also. Most people down here are buying Blackcat, TNT and Sky King and for the most part its garbage. Not to mention insanely expensive. Im not suggesting a wholesale outlet here, but you could cut these box store prices in half and still make a good deal of profit. At the end of the day, there is a lot of room for this industry to expand down here. Hell, Ive got a store owner looking to sell me her location as we speak. Its a stand alone brick and mortar with the land. Its surrounded by a lot of acreage so it is probably possible to buy some of that land and boom, you now have a retail location that can do 1.3 and 1.4. The area I am speaking of is in Punta Gorda Rick, about an hour south of you.

Rick_In_Tampa
01-23-2017, 06:20 PM
I wouldnt limit it to 1.3 only. Having a better selection of good quality 1.4 would make a huge difference here also. Most people down here are buying Blackcat, TNT and Sky King and for the most part its garbage. Not to mention insanely expensive. Im not suggesting a wholesale outlet here, but you could cut these box store prices in half and still make a good deal of profit. At the end of the day, there is a lot of room for this industry to expand down here. Hell, Ive got a store owner looking to sell me her location as we speak. Its a stand alone brick and mortar with the land. Its surrounded by a lot of acreage so it is probably possible to buy some of that land and boom, you now have a retail location that can do 1.3 and 1.4. The area I am speaking of is in Punta Gorda Rick, about an hour south of you.

We should probably take this conversation offline, but suffice it to say, I see a lot of potential there. One hour away is nothing.

Srkush7
07-06-2020, 10:21 PM
"And as Dave has said its nearly impossible down here in Florida. But this year I'm not giving up. I'll find a way"

Sooooo... what is it about Florida that makes it more difficult to obtain your ATF license?
I have seen some people here on the forum from Florida that have received their license..
Was it because they actually made or purchased the magazine themselves instead of the contingency since the nearby sellers of 1.3 do not want to deal with the little people?
I know the post is old. So by chance has Florida upped their game with the distributors in the Orlando area?
Thank you very much.

displayfireworks1
07-09-2020, 01:47 PM
Hang in there all you Florida guys if all goes according to plan I'll be announcing a new Advertiser that sells 1.3 fireworks in Florida