PDA

View Full Version : Grey Paper 0.4 sec/ft Fast Fuse

esgrillo
01-06-2017, 03:11 AM
Anyone know a supplier that has the super fast paper fuse in stock (0.4 ft /sec)? I use this for fusing a lot of my finale cakes. Thanks

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=1797&stc=1

Bazerk
01-06-2017, 07:38 AM
Cannonfuse.com has just about everything you can ever need in that department. Not sure if they are an advertiser so sorry in advance if they aren't.

displayfireworks1
01-06-2017, 08:00 AM
Type "Fireworks Fuse" in Google search???????? Every time this question is ask this is the response. These fuse people don't advertise with me most likely because the profit is very low on fuse. One of my advertisers does sell fuse but only in very large quantity. Look at the new and different looking fast fuse out there, it performs as well as that gray fuse and actually may be better at resisting side ignition.
On a side note the ATF is preoccupied with fuse sales for some reason. I can tell you I was places doing video and was requested not to video the fuse cases.

esgrillo
01-06-2017, 08:20 AM
Dave, I see a lot of places with 1.0 sec/ft product available but nobody seems to have the 0.4 available. I bought a bunch of the 0.4 a couple years ago but just ran out. Seems like this product is a lot harder to get than it used to be. I guess I can switch to the 1.0 sec/ft but the 0.4 is almost like quick match and I prefer it.

Bazerk
01-06-2017, 08:34 AM
I'm sorry Dave. I was driving and didn't have a chance to look at the advertisers page. In saying that, I will tell you that my local retailer stopped carrying fuse a couple years ago. Now I see why. I wonder why the ATF cares about fuse now despite all of the other ways to ignite stuff.

ras1986
01-08-2017, 03:55 PM
Dave, I see a lot of places with 1.0 sec/ft product available but nobody seems to have the 0.4 available. I bought a bunch of the 0.4 a couple years ago but just ran out. Seems like this product is a lot harder to get than it used to be. I guess I can switch to the 1.0 sec/ft but the 0.4 is almost like quick match and I prefer it.

You'll have that 54 soon enough then we can get a case of quickmatch

displayfireworks1
01-08-2017, 08:13 PM
Yes, listen to ras1986, I know you already work part time for a professional display company, you next move is a wireless fireworks firing system, electric match and your ATF license. You may still need some consumer fast fuse from time to time , but not so much when using 1.3 products and electric match.

pyroboom
01-09-2017, 12:33 AM
Pyroboom.com has been selling fuse for years.

As far as I know this .4 fuse it's very hard to come by. From what I understand it's not being made any more.

esgrillo
01-11-2017, 10:22 PM
Pyroboom.com has been selling fuse for years.

As far as I know this .4 fuse it's very hard to come by. From what I understand it's not being made any more.

I was concerned that might be the case. Too bad, it was really really fast. I guess I'll switch to 1.0 sec/ft

ilovecrackle
01-12-2017, 04:45 AM
I was concerned that might be the case. Too bad, it was really really fast. I guess I'll switch to 1.0 sec/ft

The 1 sec/ft is still really fast. That should be sufficient for "most" of your needs.

I haven't seen it in about a year now but if you do a google search for fireworks fuse, you can sometimes find 1/2 sec/ft Visco. I bought a crap ton of that 1/2 sec/ft visco a couple years ago and that stuff is just as fast as quick match in lengths a foot or less. Yeah i know, on paper quick match is faster but in shorter lengths like that, you can't really tell.

A few years back, I had a 24 shot rack of canister shells i replaced the fuse on the shells with that 1/2 sec/ft visco and ran the same speed leader fuse across the top and had instant lift of all 24 shells as soon as i hit that cue.

PyroJoeNEPA
01-12-2017, 11:45 AM
The big issue with that paper fuse is that it has a tendency to absorb moisture--so if your racks are out & there is a shower--or even a heavy dew in the evening you could have problems with it.
If you can get the yellow or pink fast fuse you can speed it up simply by encasing it in a paper sleeve--just lick quick match.
Simple to do: you need a roll of Kraft paper, paper glue stick, a wooden dowel 3/8" dia. another dowel smaller than 3/8" and a length of string.
Cut the Kraft paper into 3" long strips 1 1/2" wide. run a coating of the glue stick the length of the paper on one edge. Starting with the OTHER side, roll the paper along the dowel. You can do this either parallel with the dowel, or in a spiral. Slide off the dowel. Press flat. Using the other smaller dowel, tape the string on the end & use it to fish the string thru the tube. Then attach 2 strands of your pink fuse to the string & pull the fuse thru. You can keep attaching these tubes together with a small piece of uhaul tape to make it as long as you want. It works very well.
Good project for a winter day--make a bunch of tubes & fuse them when you need them.

chriskrc
01-12-2017, 01:07 PM
The big issue with that paper fuse is that it has a tendency to absorb moisture--so if your racks are out & there is a shower--or even a heavy dew in the evening you could have problems with it.
If you can get the yellow or pink fast fuse you can speed it up simply by encasing it in a paper sleeve--just lick quick match.
Simple to do: you need a roll of Kraft paper, paper glue stick, a wooden dowel 3/8" dia. another dowel smaller than 3/8" and a length of string.
Cut the Kraft paper into 3" long strips 1 1/2" wide. run a coating of the glue stick the length of the paper on one edge. Starting with the OTHER side, roll the paper along the dowel. You can do this either parallel with the dowel, or in a spiral. Slide off the dowel. Press flat. Using the other smaller dowel, tape the string on the end & use it to fish the string thru the tube. Then attach 2 strands of your pink fuse to the string & pull the fuse thru. You can keep attaching these tubes together with a small piece of uhaul tape to make it as long as you want. It works very well.
Good project for a winter day--make a bunch of tubes & fuse them when you need them.

That's an awesome idea. Never in a million years would I have thought of that. Thanks for posting this procedure.

PyroJoeNEPA
01-12-2017, 08:16 PM
Cut the Kraft paper into 3" long strips 1 1/2" wide. run a coating of the glue stick the length of the paper on one edge.
Should be 3 foot not inch--just saw the error & couldn't edit it.

Crab107
01-18-2017, 07:47 AM
Cut the Kraft paper into 3" long strips 1 1/2" wide. run a coating of the glue stick the length of the paper on one edge.
Should be 3 foot not inch--just saw the error & couldn't edit it.

Im with pyrojoe on this..just make your own quick match. Its not hard at all.

Pyropug
03-11-2017, 02:52 AM
Found some gray fast fuse at local fireworks store, I immediately bought every package they had. Appears it will be soon extinct.

ras1986
03-11-2017, 01:37 PM
The guys over at Red apple have that grey fuse in Stock. Weller just did a walk thru of the Pahrump store and Ithe looked like they had a ton in stock

chriskrc
03-11-2017, 02:16 PM
When suppliers have it, it seems to sell out quickly. Don't blame people for buying it up, when it comes to the finale the gray fuse really does the job.

primetime347
03-13-2017, 07:20 PM
In 2014, I bought a bunch of fuse from cannonfuse.com. I got this 300ft roll of pink fast burning visco that was .25sec/ft. I have about 100 feet left of it, but sadly I cannot find anywhere that sells this type of speed and quantity anywhere. This stuff is lightening fast and awesome for your finale.

Weinz34
03-15-2017, 02:57 PM
Search "GRAY PAPER FUSE Burns 0.4 sec per foot $6.99" should find it....but I've never bought from them before.

pyroboom
04-14-2017, 06:25 PM
Pyroboom.com has a very limited stock of this .5 second a foot gray paper fuse.

esgrillo
04-14-2017, 07:03 PM
not anymore lol

Pyropug
04-14-2017, 07:35 PM
Pyroboom.com has a very limited stock of this .5 second a foot gray paper fuse.

Wow that was fast, your sold out already lol

pyroboom
04-14-2017, 08:13 PM
Yeah, that was fast. Really fast!

Kenny East
04-15-2017, 01:48 AM
I got some pink 1 sec per foot fuse... Looks like a couple strands of the gray fire cracker paper fuse spun together with pink string... It's pretty fast... In the past I've put similar fuse in heat shrink tubing to speed up the burn, kinda expensive but very weather resistant... Never had the gray fuse your looking for but like all good things.. They go away

Chiefsfan00
04-16-2017, 10:25 PM
It's sucks they stopped making it because that fuse worked really good every time I used it.

Ctpyro180
04-21-2017, 08:43 PM
http://www.nhpyro.com/product/quick-fuse.html#.WPqnC1MrL-Y

Presto
04-28-2017, 10:19 AM
Pyroboom has 30 in stock.

MontanaMike
05-03-2017, 07:52 PM
So, if this stuff is so good and so popular why is it so rare? I scored a few packs from Pyroboom and can't wait to try it out.

liame
05-03-2017, 10:52 PM
just found .5 sec fuse today (at least on a website)
http://www.atomicfireworks.net/Fuse.html