View Full Version : Hi, my name is ThorsThunder, and I'm new here

ThorsThunder
01-05-2017, 04:29 PM
I want to say hello to everyone here in talk land and offer that I am available if you have any questions in particular about Cincinnati Reds baseball. I would offer my expertise on fireworks since this is a fireworks forum, but there is probably enough of that going around already, so if you need to ask the average Reds fan a question, I'm all ears. JK
I will offer whatever knowledge I have in the field of fireworks, but only if everyone else does the same for me. I'm still learning even if I wasn't born yesterday.

Rick_In_Tampa
01-05-2017, 05:49 PM
Hey there Thor. Welcome to the forum. Where from? Do you have a 54? What kind of stuff do you shoot?

Big Mark
01-05-2017, 05:54 PM
Welcome to the group Thor.

ThorsThunder
01-05-2017, 06:00 PM
Hello Rick_In_Tampa and Big Mark. I'm Harrison with Casabella Pyrotechnics so yes, licensed, pro shooter, sales, all that jazz.

Rick_In_Tampa
01-05-2017, 06:14 PM
Hello Rick_In_Tampa and Big Mark. I'm Harrison with Casabella Pyrotechnics so yes, licensed, pro shooter, sales, all that jazz.

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing some video from your shows.

fatcat
01-05-2017, 06:25 PM
Welcome to the forum from another Cincy fan I subscribe to the mlb.com just so I can get the Reds games Hope this is a much better year for them

ThorsThunder
01-05-2017, 07:17 PM
Welcome to the forum from another Cincy fan I subscribe to the mlb.com just so I can get the Reds games Hope this is a much better year for them

Heres to hoping 2017 gets them back to winning. I see 78 wins though. They'll be back to competitive in 2018 I think. BP off the books by then, which I hate, but the payroll is too high. At least JV is signed forever.

ThorsThunder
01-05-2017, 07:20 PM
Awesome! Looking forward to seeing some video from your shows.

Check out our website at http://casapyro.com/?page_id=10 for our displays page. Lots of videos there.

PyroJoeNEPA
01-05-2017, 07:20 PM

Hey Harrison!! I am on Mike Bixlers crew. We were chiding each other [crew wise] setting up for our [and your] show at PGI 2016 in LaPorte. Great to see you on here....and glad we all made it out of "The Dust Bowl" to play another day! BTW--- you guys had some beautiful shells in your shows!

jLk_pyro
01-05-2017, 07:26 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Rick_In_Tampa
01-05-2017, 07:35 PM
Check out our website at http://casapyro.com/?page_id=10 for our displays page. Lots of videos there.

Will do! Thanks for the link.

fatcat
01-05-2017, 09:42 PM
TT
"Here's to hoping 2017 gets them back to winning. I see 78 wins though. They'll be back to competitive in 2018 I think. BP off the books by then, which I hate, but the payroll is too high. At least JV is signed forever."

I like both players but I think signing JV to that long a contract was a financial mistake that will haunt them for a few years. Enuff Baseball talk. Since is a pyro forum I look forward to some videos of your shows. Once again welcome aboard

displayfireworks1
01-05-2017, 10:13 PM
Casabella Pyrotechnics is one of my advertisers, so it is nice to see one of their guys join the forums. Tell us some good 1.3 stories. LOL
You said something about Cincinnati, I absolutely love Cincinnati Chili . Here is my new favorite sold at my local Walmart.
http://www.cincinnatispecialties.com//images/products/Cincinnati_Recipe_Chili_Can_6.jpg

chriskrc
01-06-2017, 07:54 AM
Welcome to the forum and great to meet you.

PyroManiacs
01-06-2017, 08:39 AM
Welcome to PyroTalk, Thor!

PyroMaster
01-06-2017, 10:09 AM
Welcome to the forums! If you are ever up here for a Reds game you should pay us a visit, we're about 15 minutes from the stadium.

Shooter
01-06-2017, 09:09 PM
Hey Harrison!! I am on Mike Bixlers crew. We were chiding each other [crew wise] setting up for our [and your] show at PGI 2016 in LaPorte. Great to see you on here....and glad we all made it out of "The Dust Bowl" to play another day! BTW--- you guys had some beautiful shells in your shows!

Hey PyroJoeNEPA! I helped Harrison and Jerry on their setup for Sunday evenings' show at LaPorte. Was Mike's setup behind or in front of Casabellas? Would have been good to meet you if you were nearby. Met quite a few people out there but, only knew them by first names and not their forum names. You left out HOT for the conditions. LOL

Fire Art
01-09-2017, 10:21 AM
Welcome to the boards Harrison.

PyroJoeNEPA
01-09-2017, 12:29 PM
Hey PyroJoeNEPA! I helped Harrison and Jerry on their setup for Sunday evenings' show at LaPorte. Was Mike's setup behind or in front of Casabellas? Would have been good to meet you if you were nearby. Met quite a few people out there but, only knew them by first names and not their forum names. You left out HOT for the conditions. LOL

Hey Shooter---pyro community is a small world for sure! Hope we get to meet sometime. Mikes fronts were along the audience side of the "road" that paralleled the viewing area. Our racks were pretty much scattered everywhere in the field--as you know Peter had pods of racks everywhere for the GPD so everyone staged their racks wherever they could. Also, the All Stars borrowed a bunch of our racks for their show...We were all over the field!
I remember Jerry busting on Mike--Mike did an effect of an airplane landing strip lights & Jerry was saying--"You can't put that there--that's our spot"--kidding, of course----unlike PGI 2013 where John Sagaria was saying the same thing---but he meant it--he didn't want anybody "in his field"!! LOL...

ThorsThunder
01-11-2017, 05:31 PM
Casabella Pyrotechnics is one of my advertisers, so it is nice to see one of their guys join the forums. Tell us some good 1.3 stories. LOL
You said something about Cincinnati, I absolutely love Cincinnati Chili . Here is my new favorite sold at my local Walmart.
http://www.cincinnatispecialties.com//images/products/Cincinnati_Recipe_Chili_Can_6.jpg

Cincinnati style chili is the only REAL chili for sure. On hotdogs, on spaghetti, with onions, without onions, as long as you have plenty of cheese. As far as some good 1.3 stories, I have only but a few. One of my particular favorites is about a 12" Yung Feng shell.
July 4th show in Kentucky. I was shooting for Mike Korbylo at the time before I worked for him full time. So the normal routine is that when "Harrison" walks on a fireworks field, the rains will come. So as usual the sky opened up for several hours and deluged us with an Old Testament flood for a lovely fourth. Korbylo always wanted to shoot PGI like shows even for a $5 budget thus the Yung Feng 12's we shot that year amongst everything else. Naturally, due to the size of the set up and show we had dropped racks and dug in mortars prior to the fourth. I'm sure a few are already seeing the impending doom with this particular shell. For a few of the newer folks out there that may not be familiar with YF, extreme high quality for China, with BIG breaks and GORGEOUS LONG duration effects.
Since it rained virtually all day, we fought to get everything set up on time, much less go back and double check things like "why are those mortars floating out of the ground". Yup, not quite out of the holes in the ground so still sticking straight up, BUT our 8" and up mortars were all floating! This is not listed as a best practice in NFPA 1123 and not anything I have ever heard from the old snorts that have been around fireworks a lot longer than me so I am guessing that this is not . I will say this about the large shells we shot that not, all of them, ALL, appeared to have functioned properly until one didn't. That doggone YF 12. Mike was good about calling out his really nice shots while watching the computer screen to see when they were firing. That was a strange sound, how come that lift sounded like that? Oh well, the rising breaks are going. Huh, some of them must have fallen off or something, cuz it looks like two of them are coming back to earth. Or SOMETHING! THE RISING FLOWERS DIDNT FALL OFF, THE WHOLE DAMN SHELL IS COMING BACK TO EARTH, AND OH MY GOD IS IT CLOSE. Wait, it malfunctioned - NO BREAK, I guess we are alright. DODGED A BIG BULLET THERE. Then during the finale, three of the crew had to check their seats. It went, the whole kit and caboodle, the 12 went. It sure took a while with the nice soaking wet time fuse (or at least that's I surmised) and boy did it ever. We heard the break fortunately in just enough time to realize why there were stars coming out of everywhere. Some came from the left, some came from the right, hell, I would almost bet that some came from the ground underneath my feet. That was a wild experience, nobody got burned or hurt so we were all happy on that front, and that shell was INCREDIBLE for being a 12" ground break, but I wouldn't do it again if the sponsor paid extra and that's the truth.

Rick_In_Tampa
01-11-2017, 08:07 PM
... our 8" and up mortars were all floating! This is not listed as a best practice in NFPA 1123...

OMG.. That was truly LOL funny!

Thanks for sharing that story. I'm sure that was a sight to behold. Once!

ThorsThunder
01-12-2017, 10:05 AM
OMG.. That was truly LOL funny!

Thanks for sharing that story. I'm sure that was a sight to behold. Once!

TRUTH, ONCE and only once.

JoeR
01-25-2017, 08:55 PM
Hey Thor. I am looking at getting into fireworks and see that you are close to me. If I buy some will you teach me how to light them? I have a whole box of grill lighters, and just started e-firing with a 9v battery.

ThorsThunder
01-26-2017, 11:45 AM
Hey Thor. I am looking at getting into fireworks and see that you are close to me. If I buy some will you teach me how to light them? I have a whole box of grill lighters, and just started e-firing with a 9v battery.

Hi JoeR, I am so happy you asked me that. I am close to everyone as long as you consider a few days drive is close. Or flight, but not boat rides. I don't know anything about whatever e-firing is. I use a Bic. Grill lighters are for those that actually like thumbs, but not the rest of the body. A real man fires 12's with a Bic, a real stupid man!