View Full Version : Fireworks Racks

displayfireworks1
01-02-2017, 09:10 PM
Here is a picture sent to me from one of my YouTube subscribers. Pyrotechnic progress keeps moving on.
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=1786&stc=1

ras1986
01-02-2017, 11:23 PM
Those are good looking racks

doom316pyro
01-02-2017, 11:28 PM
very nice racks

displayfireworks1
01-03-2017, 07:56 AM
It great because when my YouTube subscribers start to advance they sometimes send me pictures , emails , video etc. I'll share a few from time to time. Speaking of racks , this week I'll release a video about a great deal on some racks shipped to your home from one of my advertisers.

chriskrc
01-03-2017, 09:58 AM
Those racks are nice. Whoever sent you the pictures Dave did a great job.

PYRODAN
01-03-2017, 06:55 PM
LOL, Last time I said "nice rack" I got slapped!

Rick_In_Tampa
01-04-2017, 05:06 PM
Lol... Context matters eh? :cool:

PyroJoeNEPA
01-04-2017, 07:03 PM
Looks like he cut the racks a little too long & made up for it with a spacer on the left side. Better than cutting it too short I guess! He did do a nice job on them. Now-----to get some good burn marks on them!!!

displayfireworks1
01-04-2017, 10:27 PM
Many of these people are new advancing fireworks enthusiast, I am happy when they make little steps towards further advancement, even if the racks are not always perfect. LOL The racks are a little harder to make than most people realize.

jamisonlm3
01-05-2017, 12:18 AM
Nothing wrong with those racks that I can see. As long as they're solid, that's all that really matters. Nobody is going to come tell you your racks our too far out of spec and can't be used. I think some people making racks for the first time might not have the knowledge or experience with working with dimensional lumber. If you're used to it, it's nothing new, but if it is, it might be a bit of a hill to climb.

PyroJoeNEPA
01-05-2017, 03:01 PM
Nothing wrong with those racks that I can see. As long as they're solid, that's all that really matters. Nobody is going to come tell you your racks our too far out of spec and can't be used. I think some people making racks for the first time might not have the knowledge or experience with working with dimensional lumber. If you're used to it, it's nothing new, but if it is, it might be a bit of a hill to climb.

I wasn't criticizing his racks [if it sounded like that] --just pointing out the obvious error in overall length of the rack [which doesn't really matter as far as performance goes]. An easy mistake to make.
I'm glad to see the guy building racks and stepping up his game. I always tell people "I can't cut straight with a table saw--but I can solder wires blindfolded. We all have our individual areas of expertise in life. [You should have seen some of my first racks---yikes!!! LOL]

Rick_In_Tampa
01-05-2017, 06:04 PM
We all have our individual areas of expertise in life. [You should have seen some of my first racks---yikes!!! LOL]

My expertise is using a debit card!! So my racks always look perfect.

Seriously... I'm jealous of all you guys with mechanical skills. I really appreciate seeing all your creations.

PYRODAN
01-05-2017, 07:34 PM
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=1796&stc=1 Here is what I have now. I am going to make more for this year.

Rick_In_Tampa
01-05-2017, 07:40 PM
Wow... Sweet setup! Where did you get the caps for the top of each tube?

PYRODAN
01-05-2017, 08:05 PM
I got those from work. They are for capping hydraulic lines and such when disconnected to keep contaminates out of the system. They work pretty good for keeping bees from building in your tubes. And they are cheap.

Rick_In_Tampa
01-05-2017, 09:11 PM
Very ingenious indeed. Lol...

fatcat
01-05-2017, 09:58 PM
I got to agree with Rick In Tampa about using the plastic card. That is the only way I could get decent looking and great performing racks. Am also jealous of you guys who have the skills and patience to build your own racks. Hey, what can you expect from a liberal arts major who barely can recognize which end of the hammer is suppose to hit the nail. LOL Keep the pictures coming

Bigjohnson
01-06-2017, 02:31 AM
Will be building my own 3 and 4" racks before the 4th. 7 3in and 6 4in. Just have to finish my basement first.

jamisonlm3
01-06-2017, 02:43 AM
I wasn't criticizing his racks [if it sounded like that] --just pointing out the obvious error in overall length of the rack [which doesn't really matter as far as performance goes]. An easy mistake to make.
I'm glad to see the guy building racks and stepping up his game. I always tell people "I can't cut straight with a table saw--but I can solder wires blindfolded. We all have our individual areas of expertise in life. [You should have seen some of my first racks---yikes!!! LOL]I didn't think you were. I was joking a bit, but I don't think it was very obvious. One of the jokes where I work is we aren't building cabinets. I think another similar joke is the close enough for governement work one. Basically, if soemthing off a little bit, it's still perfectly acceptable. That's the way we use them here.

chriskrc
01-06-2017, 07:56 AM
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=1796&stc=1 Here is what I have now. I am going to make more for this year.

That's a nice set up. Can't wait to see a video of those in action.