PDA

View Full Version : Hawaii New Years on Oahu

Hawaiian420
01-02-2017, 02:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L9MZac0fJU

http://khon2.com/2017/01/01/1-dead-1-critically-injured-after-aerial-fireworks-explosion/

Those are all consumer grade and professional grade fireworks, if you didn't know it illegal in Hawaii, everything is but firecrackers which you need a permit for. Someone died today and there going to blame it on fireworks again. The person who died most likely mishandle a 3 inch or bigger mortar shell and under the heavy influence of alcohol, the last person to die to fireworks was in the 90s which he put a consumer grade shell into a iron pipe. Has Dave post in a video before its very hard to get a ATF licence here in Hawaii, lots of shady people wanting to keep there illegal sales of fireworks going. When 24 canister shell kit goes for 350+, 350 for 6 3 inch shells, you get the idea why. I just wanted to show you all, what the ban on safe and sound fireworks and them putting a permit system on firecrackers have done. Also with all things in life fireworks, driving a car, drinking alcohol, doing it in a unsafe way will lead to someones death and its not fireworks fault, but the human who does it.

PyroManiacs
01-02-2017, 03:26 AM
How many 1.3 distributors or pro companies are there on the island? Do people travel from island to island to buy 1.3 illegally?

Im asking this because I would think that if anyone got caught with 1.3 and lets say there was only 1 pro company/distributor, wouldn't it be obvious where it came from, regardless of having the import/export names on them already?

Hawaiian420
01-02-2017, 01:22 PM
None on my island, the company who runs the weekly show for the hilton, is based on another island, last I hear there is only two company's who bring in 1.3 for shows. Also there was one illegal list that stood out this year, there was products that are made only for Red apple fireworks shops, everything on the list they had for sale on there website. So how does a huge shipment from a company based in Nevada reach Hawaii like that? Dave posted a video a couple months ago talking about these company's he has try to get people there ATF fireworks license, they won't sell any of the product, and from what I got from the video, they want it to stay like that.

displayfireworks1
01-02-2017, 04:22 PM
Hawaii Explosives is trying to control the market for 1.3 fireworks by refuses to sell or assist with privately held ATF license enthusiast. I personally talked with them a few years back and my guess is their position has not changed. The black market for fireworks is alive and well in Hawaii. With so many shipping containers arriving daily in Hawaii, chance of detection has to be very low. I believe Hawaii has 15 ports with 6 major container ones. That Red Apple fireworks product that made it to Hawaii started out as a legal sale somewhere. I can almost guarantee Red Apple did not ship it.
Maybe our forums member from Hawaii can tell me more, last I heard firecrackers are for sale with some sort of government issued fee for permit during the major holidays. I believe safe and sane sales may also be allowed.
If I can ever get one person or business in Hawaii to get an ATF approved magazine on any of those islands, I am going to be all over it in that state. LOL

Rick_In_Tampa
01-02-2017, 05:00 PM
For being illegal and expensive they sure seem to be extremely prolific!! Great show. Sorry someone died though. Fireworks are not toys. People need to exercise good sense and respect fireworks for the damage they can cause.

Hau'oli makahiki hou!! Mahalo for sharing.

Hawaiian420
01-02-2017, 08:11 PM
They ban safe and sound fireworks in 2010 on Oahu, all the other islands still can buy safe and sound fireworks, we can only buy 5000 firecrackers with a permit that cost 25 dollars, and you can buy unlimited permits if you have the money. Firecracker can only be lit on New Years, and 4th of July, with New years being the bigger Holiday in Hawaii. I don't know when aerial fireworks ban took place, I think sometime in the mid to late 80s, but ever since then people have been buying illegal aerial fireworks. They use to let us buy unlimited firecrackers without a permit, fountains and all types of novelty fireworks. The only reason they don't ban firecrackers is Hawaii is the home to a huge amount of Chinese people, and firecrackers are part of a cultural and religions tradition. The laws are not working, and I feel the public needs more education about the dangers of handling 1.3 fireworks in the wrong way.

Chris23
01-11-2017, 10:18 PM
Reminds me of Puerto Rico, only there Safe N Sane is just got passed a few years back. But same scenario even before SNS, tons of fireworks everywhere!! More than in some states where its legal! Not too mention the HUGE amount of 1.3 you see going up. The craziest part of the whole thing is the lengthy Prison sentences for even possessing anything that goes up :confused:

Chris23
01-13-2017, 12:56 AM
Hey Hawaiian420 I know this is a 2 year old vid but these 2 Councilmembers were strongly Pro Legalizing full 1.4 and even had a bill going (Bill 5).
Names: Ann Kobayashi and Ikaika Anderson

You could always follow up and see where it went and even reach out to them to get a movement going down there. Never know...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SPZW2yDczDc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPZW2yDczDc&app=desktop