PDA

View Full Version : New Years / Grandmas 90tg bday celebration

Bazerk
01-01-2017, 06:19 PM
Sorry about the out of frame video but this is just from the GoPro. I will edit a video with some drone footage in it and repost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8DDOhD3Uok&feature=youtu.be

displayfireworks1
01-01-2017, 06:54 PM
LOL Nice. I knew some of you ATF license guys would be posting some video. Great finish. Looking forward to the other video footage.

Rick_In_Tampa
01-01-2017, 09:15 PM
Damn man!! Phenomenal as always!! I know you did that with your Cobra and I'd love to see some setup video or pictures if you have any. Bet that took quite some time to put together. Great job!!

Bazerk
01-03-2017, 09:59 PM
https://youtu.be/m8DDOhD3Uok
Here is the edited version. With what little decent footage I had, this came out better than I expected. Let me know what you guys think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8DDOhD3Uok&feature=youtu.be

Big Mark
01-03-2017, 11:54 PM
Awesome show

Bazerk
01-04-2017, 10:57 AM
Thanks Mark.

Bazerk
01-04-2017, 01:15 PM
Damn man!! Phenomenal as always!! I know you did that with your Cobra and I'd love to see some setup video or pictures if you have any. Bet that took quite some time to put together. Great job!!

Thanks for the kind words Rick. I am still honing my skills in this stuff. I am starting to see more and more inconsistencies in the timing of cakes both in the 1.3 and 1.4 side of things. It makes putting timed shows together pretty tricky.

Rick_In_Tampa
01-04-2017, 06:13 PM
Yeah but the beautiful thing is, only YOU know there were inconsistencies! The rest of us saw a phenomenal show.

That's the beauty of electronic firing. Close is close enough.

I'm still playing the visco game. I do have an opportunity to incorporate some firewire initiators into the show this year. So I'll be taking full advantage of that. Baby steps!!

Chris23
01-11-2017, 11:15 PM
Damn that was nice!! Grandma must've been real impressed!

ilovecrackle
01-12-2017, 04:47 AM
Fantastic show Bazerk! :D

Bazerk
01-12-2017, 10:21 AM
Damn that was nice!! Grandma must've been real impressed!

Thank you Chris. Grandma loves fireworks and she had yet been to or seen any of my shows so this was her first. I usually don't do New Years to that extent, but at 90, how many more opportunities will she have you know? She is in great health so there may be more, but with life, you never really know. She loved it and that makes me happy. This show was a little less than half of what I do for the 4th. Have you seen that video yet? I still haven't decided which I like more. What do you think?

https://youtu.be/UyU1D60HTZ0

Bazerk
01-12-2017, 10:24 AM
Fantastic show Bazerk! :D

Thanks Doug. I always appreciate peoples input. I post these videos hoping to get some constructive criticism. I am constantly trying to improve on this hobby as I truly love doing it. Hell, I have even started the script for my 4th of July show and I haven't even purchased the goodies for it yet. I have about 15 cases left over from Thanksgiving and New Years but I will be adding another 20-25 cases of 1.4 and probably another 10-15 of 1.3. This year will be intense.

chriskrc
01-12-2017, 01:12 PM
Now that's the way to celebrate grandma's birthday and ring in the new year. Awesome show Bazerk, truly awesome.

Bazerk
01-12-2017, 01:23 PM
Now that's the way to celebrate grandma's birthday and ring in the new year. Awesome show Bazerk, truly awesome.

Thank you sir! I would love to bring in every new week this way. I think the world would be a better place if that was the case, lol.

Chris23
01-13-2017, 12:43 AM
Thank you Chris. Grandma loves fireworks and she had yet been to or seen any of my shows so this was her first. I usually don't do New Years to that extent, but at 90, how many more opportunities will she have you know? She is in great health so there may be more, but with life, you never really know. She loved it and that makes me happy. This show was a little less than half of what I do for the 4th. Have you seen that video yet? I still haven't decided which I like more. What do you think?

https://youtu.be/UyU1D60HTZ0

To be honest I like the NYE show better for a few reasons (mind you I'm not the like most folks):

1) I thought the timing was way better to highlight certain effects you had
2) I'm not a huge fan of long periods of sky puke like in the 4th show (again I'm not the normal Pyro)
3) you nailed the ending w the salutes and no stragglers
4) I try and keep shows no more than 15 min like you did for NYE (in/out, bob/weave & go for the KO)

Both were amazing none the less!!!!
And it looks like a nice gathering of friends and family, you're a lucky man!!

P.S. You know your shows are good any time you got cars stopping like you can see at the 7:39 mark :cool:

Chris23
01-13-2017, 12:49 AM
Just noticed your from Plantation! I'm down the street in Miami

I'm surprised the skies aren't more lit up in your area, down here it's chaos around the 4th and NYE with everyone trying to protect there farms ;)

Bazerk
01-13-2017, 10:40 AM
Just noticed your from Plantation! I'm down the street in Miami

I'm surprised the skies aren't more lit up in your area, down here it's chaos around the 4th and NYE with everyone trying to protect there farms ;)

I agree with you on the sky puke. After seeing the NYE show's finale, I learned and will correct my finale for the 4th this year. The NYE show was only 10 mins and my 4th is no more than 20 simply because I dont want to spend that much money on fireworks twice a year, lol. Well I do, but the wife....not so much. The NYE show was done in Punta Gorda at my aunts house and it is much more rural over there. The skies are a bit more lit up over here in Plantation for the 4th, but locally, I think more of them are coming to watch mine and saving themselves some money. This past year I had between 140-150 people at the 4th and you are correct sir, I am a lucky guy when it comes to being able to surround myself with a good group of friends and family. This years 4th of July will be one for the record books for me as I am getting much more familiar with the cobra software and mods as well. This past 4th was the first time I got to use 1.3 product and I had no guns to shoot mortars with which means that finale was all cakes. The NYE show I had 7 racks of 10 for 3in mortars which makes for a nice addition and less sky puke for a finale. I will add another 70 3in and 36 4in tubes for this years 4th and cut back on the cakes a bit and that should clear up the finale quite a bit. I thank you for your input as I fully believe that things look better/different from other people eyes than my own. More often than not, its for the better.

Chris23
01-13-2017, 03:06 PM
I will add another 70 3in and 36 4in tubes for this years 4th and cut back on the cakes a bit and that should clear up the finale quite a bit.
Oh damn!!! Don't be surprised when you have cars lining up every year around 8:30 wondering what the heck is all this traffic :)

Bazerk
01-13-2017, 05:31 PM
Oh damn!!! Don't be surprised when you have cars lining up every year around 8:30 wondering what the heck is all this traffic :)

This is actually a concern of mine. I do the show out in Plantation Acres and there is a lot of room for parking and everything, but if the 150 people that currently attend start inviting people, I will have traffic issues and I dont want that. I am very clear with the people I do invite to not extend that invitation past them for that reason unless they ask. I just dont want there to be so much car traffic that the locals cant get to their homes you know? Either way, it will be a great 4th!

Rick_In_Tampa
01-13-2017, 09:52 PM
The NYE show I had 7 racks of 10 for 3in mortars which makes for a nice addition and less sky puke for a finale. I will add another 70 3in and 36 4in tubes for this years 4th and cut back on the cakes a bit and that should clear up the finale quite a bit.

Damn man... Wish I was a trust fund baby like you!! Lol...

Seriously though... What I hear you saying is, the more "electronic" your show becomes; the more diverse your equipment is; the better the show you put on.

Makes perfect sense to me.

The electronics gives you the control you will NEVER achieve with yards of visco, and the 1.3 tubes pretty much speak for themselves. Loudly!!

Bazerk
01-13-2017, 10:32 PM
Damn man... Wish I was a trust fund baby like you!! Lol...

Seriously though... What I hear you saying is, the more "electronic" your show becomes; the more diverse your equipment is; the better the show you put on.

Makes perfect sense to me.

The electronics gives you the control you will NEVER achieve with yards of visco, and the 1.3 tubes pretty much speak for themselves. Loudly!!

Heh, if I was a trust fund baby I would have a show every week at least as good as the NYE show I just did. I bust my ass in order to burn my money. I often wonder what it would be like with 4 kids, 2 of which are in day care and the other 2 in private school, lol. Thats a lot of fireworks let me tell you. But to answer your question, like anything else in life, with the right tools you can do a great job and easier and more efficiently. In my life, time is money and by having electronic firing capabilities I am saving a butt load of time in prep. Ive done what you are doing with the single fuse shows for years and making the switch changed everything. I now buy at least one cobra mod per year, usually more, and will continue to do so until I can do a pyro-musical properly. The electronics give you as much control as you can possibly get and its instantaneous. Mortars are cheap compared to cakes and so I will become a more shell heavy show than a cake heavy show which in turn saves me money. I will always have some cakes as they do have an important roll due to some of their effects. Moneywise though, 72 3" shells cost me $160 and I get amazing breaks where as most 1.3g cakes are right around $100.00 each. I will hone my skills and stride for progression each and every show. Heh, maybe you should come down this 4th and lets join forces. We have quite a few guys between you and Miami. Imagine that show!

Rick_In_Tampa
01-15-2017, 12:14 PM
Man you're not kidding! When I think of the shows I could do with the money I spend on our kids every year.... Holy crap! I just dumped another $1K into the one daughters car last week! I need to get these people the hell out of my pockets already so I can expand my pyro habit. First things first right?! :rolleyes:

I've got an 18R2 and 6 remotes sitting in a shopping cart right now. So close to pulling the trigger. I already bought 12 more cues for the cheap Chinese system I used last year. Also have a few boxes of firewire initiators on the way. So even if I don't get the Cobra for this year's show, I'll be using as many firewire initiators as I can with the system I have. The finale will be all firewire.

Baby steps!

I wouldn't mind collaborating on a NYE show. That would be cool. If I didn't put on a 4th of July show up here, my family and friends would lynch me! lol...

Bazerk
01-15-2017, 07:29 PM
Man you're not kidding! When I think of the shows I could do with the money I spend on our kids every year.... Holy crap! I just dumped another $1K into the one daughters car last week! I need to get these people the hell out of my pockets already so I can expand my pyro habit. First things first right?! :rolleyes:

I've got an 18R2 and 6 remotes sitting in a shopping cart right now. So close to pulling the trigger. I already bought 12 more cues for the cheap Chinese system I used last year. Also have a few boxes of firewire initiators on the way. So even if I don't get the Cobra for this year's show, I'll be using as many firewire initiators as I can with the system I have. The finale will be all firewire.

Baby steps!

I wouldn't mind collaborating on a NYE show. That would be cool. If I didn't put on a 4th of July show up here, my family and friends would lynch me! lol...

Start with the remote and 3 mods. They will get you by for a good while. Also, pay the $60 and get the scripting software that they sell. Its easy to use and works beautifully with their gear. As far as getting them out of your pockets....never happens, lol. Im looking at it in baby steps. For example, my twins that are in day care at $2000 a month and they will start VPK this year which keeps $1000 of that in my pocket and then the following year I keep it all. In 2 years my oldest will be out of HS which is $1250 a month and then I will get to keep that, lol. Its the little victories that I look forward to. At the end of the day I am very fortunate to have a good job that affords me to be able to support my family as well as my pyro habits. I never take anything for granted and I look forward to each and every day no matter what day it is.

Rick_In_Tampa
01-16-2017, 11:21 PM
Start with the remote and 3 mods. They will get you by for a good while. Also, pay the $60 and get the scripting software that they sell. Its easy to use and works beautifully with their gear. As far as getting them out of your pockets....never happens, lol. Im looking at it in baby steps. For example, my twins that are in day care at $2000 a month and they will start VPK this year which keeps $1000 of that in my pocket and then the following year I keep it all. In 2 years my oldest will be out of HS which is $1250 a month and then I will get to keep that, lol. Its the little victories that I look forward to. At the end of the day I am very fortunate to have a good job that affords me to be able to support my family as well as my pyro habits. I never take anything for granted and I look forward to each and every day no matter what day it is.

Yeah... You're probably right. 3 remotes would be a lot more budget friendly too. We'll see. I'm going to keep that cart open in my browser. One day I'll get PO'd enough at looking at it every day and pull the trigger.

I hope your plan works out for you. I had a boss who used to say that you have to have a plan because it gives you something to deviate from later. I certainly proved that theory!

joewad
01-18-2017, 11:08 AM
Very, very nice. Might I add yet another advantage of living in the Sunshine state (Setup and show temps). Last year up, up here in hoosier land, for a much smaller show, I froze just during the setup with very few present. Then the following day I had to use the hydrollics of a front end loader to pull my re-bar out of the ground. They had frozen in ground in place.

Bazerk
01-18-2017, 11:29 AM
Very, very nice. Might I add yet another advantage of living in the Sunshine state (Setup and show temps). Last year up, up here in hoosier land, for a much smaller show, I froze just during the setup with very few present. Then the following day I had to use the hydrollics of a front end loader to pull my re-bar out of the ground. They had frozen in ground in place.

Yikes, that would suck, lol. Ive never thought about that having lived in FL my whole life I dont deal with the struggles of freezing temps. In saying that, the hot days down here (9 of the 12 months) are miserably hot and humid.

Rick_In_Tampa
01-18-2017, 06:39 PM
Yikes, that would suck, lol. Ive never thought about that having lived in FL my whole life I dont deal with the struggles of freezing temps. In saying that, the hot days down here (9 of the 12 months) are miserably hot and humid.

What Bazerk said!!

I'd rather fuse racks in the cold than get eaten alive by mosquitoes while either dying of heat stroke and/or poured on by thunderstorms down here in Florida.

joewad
02-08-2017, 05:28 PM
"Some" of me feels for you while other parts of me wanna say waahhhhhh. I use to have a small vacation home in your neck of the woods just down the road from you, Acadia.

Rick_In_Tampa
02-08-2017, 06:22 PM
Lol... I guess the grass isn't always greener.

joewad
02-12-2017, 01:13 PM
More like the Ex got it.......

Rick_In_Tampa
02-12-2017, 02:20 PM
Ouch! Florida isn't really "man friendly" when it comes to those things.

joewad
02-14-2017, 07:50 PM
I returned to fireworks friendly Indiana