PDA

View Full Version : Some faild Rocket attemps

Big Mark
12-28-2016, 10:52 PM
Will if I did this rite. You will see one of many of my Rocket fails. This was my first attempts at a strobe Rocket. The Rocket is a 1lb Rocket made with my own tooling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S4LGFoW_D4&feature=youtu.be

displayfireworks1
12-29-2016, 08:01 AM
I'm thinking about that Eminem lyric from the song "Lose Yourself". Back to the lab again yo

samsons_explosives
01-04-2017, 04:07 AM
Did you press or hand ram it ?

drtoivowillmann
01-30-2017, 09:27 AM
Dear Big Mark:

Unfortunately you do not give us any detail about your driver composition, nor nozzle, nor core length (if core burner), nor if you press or ramm dry or humid the driver composition.
But a general advice for core burners with black-powder-like driver compsition, pressed or rammed humid: maintain the quantity of total sulphur below 5%!
This does not mean that compsitions with more could not work.
But with less, everything is much easier to controle and more "fool-proof".
This is a merely empiric statement. Use it or not!

Yours truly: Toivo

chris v
01-30-2017, 08:34 PM
He says he making strobe rocket the only srobe rocket fuel i know is
Ammonium Perchlorate 57%
Magnalium 24%
Barium Sulfate 14%
Potassium Dichromate 5%
Mineral Oil +2%
Which is like whistle mix and should be handled with care by the way the rocket didnt burn just blew up either you didnt add the mineral oil or you hand rammed it which are both no nos it has to be mixed very well and pressed to keep the same density through out the motor other wise you get sections that will burn faster then other parts also there is a special tool you should use its the same one as whistle rockets