PDA

View Full Version : New year 2017 fireworks

Champak
12-17-2016, 08:17 AM
What is your plan for new year 2017 fireworks..watch with friends or enjoy being participative in fire crackers bursting...

Capt.Rob73
12-22-2016, 10:07 PM
I'm planning on lighting up the sky in my neighborhood. Here's a pic of some of my stash.

P.S. Yes I decorate my walls with firework labels

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=1756&stc=1

Bazerk
12-23-2016, 10:53 AM
I too will be lighting up the sky! Ive added some new hardware to the arsenal though. I just purchased my GoPro Hero5 Black and the new DJi Phantom 4 Pro. I already have the Regular Phantom 4 as you saw in my 4th of July video, but now I have 2 for your viewing enjoyment. :). Video of NeW Years to come, well, after New Years. Very excited.

ilovecrackle
12-23-2016, 04:04 PM
I'm planning on lighting up the sky in my neighborhood. Here's a pic of some of my stash.

Nice pic. Iv had those Zeus cans before. Nice shells. :)

PyroJoeNEPA
12-23-2016, 04:48 PM
The company I shoot for has two shows on New Years Eve. We will set up the first one & leave a crew there, then go set up the second show. Shoot that one, pack up & swing back to get the racks & crew from the first show. Gonna be a long night---hope it isn't in the single digits!!!!

chriskrc
12-23-2016, 05:39 PM

Those sir are some nice decorations.

jLk_pyro
12-23-2016, 05:42 PM
This is a big pyro holiday for me so I'm gonna be lighting up the sky. A little different this time though. I'm going to have a go at my first "one fuse show." Being that it's going to be cold up in here NEPA, I figure light one fuse and walk away would be much better than having to stand around in the cold hand lighting everything. Mostly shells with a fountain opener.

displayfireworks1
12-23-2016, 06:50 PM
Bezerk, I can't wait to see your New Years Eve video. It looks like everyone is getting ready for the big night. As of right now I have no plans. I guess I will have a plan as New Years approaches.

PyroJoeNEPA
12-23-2016, 07:02 PM
I too will be lighting up the sky! Ive added some new hardware to the arsenal though. I just purchased my GoPro Hero5 Black and the new DJi Phantom 4 Pro. I already have the Regular Phantom 4 as you saw in my 4th of July video, but now I have 2 for your viewing enjoyment. :). Video of NeW Years to come, well, after New Years. Very excited.
At least you won't have to worry about "de-iceing" the drone like if you were up here in PA. HaHa! Be safe & have fun. Looking forward to the video!!!

jamisonlm3
12-24-2016, 01:26 AM
I plan on doing something a little different. I'll be shooting a box of Excalibur as well as some leftover Diablo and Quest shells. Except for the Quest shells, I've recorded each shell and will fire them in order. I plan on using a smartphone on a tripod to record it all so I can watch it again. I want this to be a sort of demo.

Champak
12-25-2016, 12:32 PM
Merry christmas folks ..how did u all celebrate?

Rick_In_Tampa
12-29-2016, 05:00 PM
Merry christmas folks ..how did u all celebrate?

Merry Christmas to you too! Spent the day with family and friends. Nice relaxing day.

How about you?

I found a box of Electric Rain shells that got overlooked form the 4th, so I'm going to send them up on New Year's eve. My token effort to ring in the new year.

Any big plans over there?

Champak
12-30-2016, 10:42 AM
I am looking for palm tree shells or set piece for new year..but till now couldnt succeed

PYRODAN
12-31-2016, 11:32 PM
Well I threw some left over odds & ends together. Some 1.5" shells, a few mines, and a half of a cake the didn't totally fire on the 4th. Re fused part of it and stuck an igniter in the first tube. I'm hoping the weather holds and the wind stays calm as it is right now @ 10:30 pm. I report back next year! Happy new year all!!!!

PyroManiacs
12-31-2016, 11:40 PM
Happy New Year Gentlemen!

My plan is to put up some 1.4 leftovers from previous years.

Be Safe all!

PYRODAN
01-01-2017, 02:06 AM
Hooray! Everything went off, even my half fired cake from the fourth! Happy new year all!

Big Mark
01-01-2017, 06:02 AM
Yes Happy New years to you all. And congrats on the successful shoot. I my self put up some 3lb rockets all having 3" ball shells on them. That I had finished up the night before

fatcat
01-01-2017, 11:50 AM
Happy New Year everybody. Our pyro got rained out, so resorted to watching the football game and the ball drop. Now just can't wait until the 4th of July

Pyro Paul
01-01-2017, 10:02 PM
Happy New Year fellow Pyros, I did a small scripted show with my new cobra to Guy Lombardo with leftovers from the 4th. I learned a lot already, now I can't wait to put what I learned into practice on the 4th. It was awesome firing comets for the countdown from 5 seconds manually and hitting the trigger and watching the show go all by itself. Love that Cobra!! On a side note, the newer coin wrappers are spiral wound and fall apart when the clove hitch is applied. I looked all over for regular penny wrappers but came up empty. Anyone know where to get them now?