12-12-2016, 09:58 PM
pretty nice, Thanks for sharing.

PyroManiacs
12-12-2016, 10:10 PM
Love the timing.

Northern Sky
12-12-2016, 10:27 PM
Nice show.

It seemed a bit close to the audience to me though.

I am curious why you started 4 threads instead of including them all in one.

Bigjohnson
12-13-2016, 01:52 AM
I have to agree. Seemed very close to the spectators

misfmr
12-13-2016, 09:41 AM
Nice show.

There is a limit on the number of images that can be in a post.

I don't recall the limit.

Next time I will reply with additional images.

Frank Rodriguez

jknepp1954
12-13-2016, 10:02 AM
Nice show.

I have to agree. Seemed very close to the spectators

Agree with above - way too close to spectators. ok for the fountains part but when aerials go....not good!
Distance is your friend - lack of distance can be your enemy!
Nice show otherwise!

displayfireworks1
12-13-2016, 01:50 PM
You can post 6 picture or videos in one post. Or a combination of the two to equal 6. Just post 6 then under it in another reply post another 6. Maybe I missed it in the other posting, was this display for a professional company you are working for? I know people probably want to get close to see the tree and the fireworks setup. Next time bring some yellow caution tape and get some people working the event to assist with crowd control and start a second perimeter on the other end of that fence. People always try to get as close to the fireworks as they can. Not sure if the fire department was there or not, you can also get on their truck PA system to make an announcement to move back. Thanks for the setup pictures.
Now you know what it feels like to be me, you post pictures and video and only seem to hear everything you did wrong. LOL Don't let that stop you from posting more video and pictures. If I remember correctly you working towards getting your ATF license.

misfmr
12-13-2016, 02:28 PM
You can post 6 picture or videos in one post. Or a combination of the two to equal 6. Just post 6 then under it in another reply post another 6. Maybe I missed it in the other posting, was this display for a professional company you are working for? I know people probably want to get close to see the tree and the fireworks setup. Next time bring some yellow caution tape and get some people working the event to assist with crowd control and start a second perimeter on the other end of that fence. People always try to get as close to the fireworks as they can. Not sure if the fire department was there or not, you can also get on their truck PA system to make an announcement to move back. Thanks for the setup pictures.
Now you know what it feels like to be me, you post pictures and video and only seem to hear everything you did wrong. LOL Don't let that stop you from posting more video and pictures. If I remember correctly you working towards getting your ATF license.

Dave,

This was setup with the professional company I am working with. There is a railing that set a perimeter around the effects that was approved by the fire department/fire marshal.

Frank Rodriguez

ilovecrackle
12-13-2016, 02:56 PM
Now you know what it feels like to be me, you post pictures and video and only seem to hear everything you did wrong. LOL Don't let that stop you from posting more video and pictures.

Maybe he doesn't know any better. Its not a good thing to have potential safety issues pointed out to him?

To the original post, nice show. Please don't take some of the comments here as a direct attack against you. A few people here (including myself) saw a potential safety issue and pointed it out to you. Now its up to you if you want to take any of it to heart or just a personal attack and let it go in one ear and out the other.

displayfireworks1
12-13-2016, 07:40 PM
It may be hard to tell the distance from the video, who knows the mortars diameters do look small. Maybe it does meet the distance. Believe me, I have done close shoots over the years only they were with 10 and 12 inch shells at local festivals surrounded by homes and people. The next day they were reports of car damage. Then you do it another time and there are no reports of any problems. If you have the room to move people then move them.
My experience has been don't assume fireman or fire marshall's know anything about fireworks. A good pyro-technician can give a bullshit explanation to most fire people and they will believe it. Although audience and crowd security is usually addressed in the fireworks display contacts and belongs to the people hosting the event, we still have to try to do our part. Many times they will look to us for guidance. Most fireworks insurance companies want that NFPA distance guideline met.
I think something we should all practice when using computerized firing systems , is how to stop a display. We should also practice how to stop and restart a computerized display. This way if something blows apart we will immediately know how to at least stop the event from further damage.

misfmr
12-13-2016, 08:55 PM
Dave,

I agree that pyros have to enforce extreme safety at all times.

The video may not show the how big the diameter is to keep the public a safe distance away.

The mortars that you see were contained mines. I thought i posted an image with the mine loaded into the tube.

I understand that even mines can have a terrible outcome if done incorrectly.

By the way the fire marshal that was on duty was a former employee of the pyrotechnic company.

Frank Rodriguez

cptnding
12-13-2016, 09:43 PM
Nice show. Was that all Dominator Pro product?

Bigjohnson
12-14-2016, 01:26 AM
I hardly think someone questioning safety is harping on a video. In a hobby/profession where safety is imperative I'm a firm believer any situation that arises question should be brought up. Nobody has attacked him for it. Simply questioned his distances because we would all hate to see something happen.

SCPyrotechnician
12-14-2016, 03:55 PM
Dave,

This was setup with the professional company I am working with. There is a railing that set a perimeter around the effects that was approved by the fire department/fire marshal.

Frank Rodriguez

Can't believe the crowd being that close was approved by the AHJ. That is scary

Northern Sky
12-15-2016, 12:05 AM
With or with out AHJ approval, full responsibility lies on the lead shooter. It doesn't matter what the sponsor, Police, Fire Marshal, Mayor or anyone else. If there is an accident large or small it WILL be the lead shooter's head on the chopping block. He/she is the only one who knows what the product is "supposed" to do.

If a mine has a break it is to be treated as a shell, end of story.

This was not a personal attack but a learning experience.

Rick_In_Tampa
12-15-2016, 12:00 PM
Wow... Crazy close to the crowd! There was a girl and a little kid standing by the spotlight at the base of the barricade who ran for cover after the first salvo. Interesting setup. Glad there were no malfunctions.

pyrola
12-17-2016, 12:19 PM
It may be hard to tell the distance from the video, who knows the mortars diameters do look small. Maybe it does meet the distance. Believe me, I have done close shoots over the years only they were with 10 and 12 inch shells at local festivals surrounded by homes and people. The next day they were reports of car damage. Then you do it another time and there are no reports of any problems. If you have the room to move people then move them.
My experience has been don't assume fireman or fire marshall's know anything about fireworks. A good pyro-technician can give a bullshit explanation to most fire people and they will believe it. Although audience and crowd security is usually addressed in the fireworks display contacts and belongs to the people hosting the event, we still have to try to do our part. Many times they will look to us for guidance. Most fireworks insurance companies want that NFPA distance guideline met.
I think something we should all practice when using computerized firing systems , is how to stop a display. We should also practice how to stop and restart a computerized display. This way if something blows apart we will immediately know how to at least stop the event from further damage.

what are the legal distance in texas based on this material Dave?

pyrola
12-17-2016, 12:22 PM
this is dangerous and doesnt meet code. If i had to guess they dumbed this down to 15' minimum separation distance to audience per NFPA 1126 since it was all 1.4g. total misinterpretation of the code and amazing the company producing this thought this was safe to spectators. shame on them

pyrola
12-23-2016, 08:18 PM
haven't seen your answer displayfireworks1

displayfireworks1
12-23-2016, 10:40 PM
At pyrola (Chuck Woolery) what are you a game show host with the questions. I only know how to get people ATF licensed in Texas, my tape measure doesn't make it from Pittsburgh to Texas. Most distances in my area are measured in relationship to the mortar size. Some professional companies have their own rules on distances from the audience and it is usually more than NFPA. Also a certain percentage of displays are at times under the required distance despite the regulations. The reasons for that vary. Ok, Mr. Woolery , you tell us the answer.

pyrola
12-25-2016, 11:04 PM
You have made my point exactly. You know and care nothing about safety. You help people get licenses to buy fireworks and don't even bother to care the safety distances that apply to them.

displayfireworks1
12-26-2016, 12:52 AM
Look Chuck, is it Ok if I call your Chuck? LOL
You know my guy here with the video was just an apprentice on this show, this was a professional display company that set this up. My guy did not set this display up. A professional display company made this mistake, not one of my private ATF license people. Speaking of professional display companies. Over the years some of these professional companies have had some major untoward events will call it. I suspect you work for a professional company.
What is record of the private ATF license holders I helped over the years? As far as I can tell, as of this date, it is a 100% record. I cannot find a single major untoward event. A large percentage of these privately held ATF licensee’s learned to use fireworks, firing systems and equipment from watching my videos. Many of them have advanced further than I ever imagined. Am I leading all of these people into death and destruction? Am I teaching them something? Are these people a threat to professional display companies or new knowledgeable resource? ................
Chuck, I don’t get overly preoccupied with teaching safety, but at the same time if you really watch and listen in my videos it is there. You don’t see it because your vision is clouded. Speaking of vision, you’re just another faceless nameless keyboard warrior. Who are you anyway, you got a picture, Facebook, video anything. Tell us who you are. Show us a video of some of your fireworks setups and practices. I would love to see them. If I told you I was coming to video one of your display setups, you would go into panic. Show me some of your work.
The answer to that question is 125 feet.

displayfireworks1
12-26-2016, 12:05 PM
Hey Chuck , look at the email I got today. This is one from one of my ATF license guys from 5 years ago. Check it out. He is up to 15 displays. Ain't that something Chuck. It all started with him watching my videos and then purchasing my ATF DVD package. He sounds like he is pretty happy and part of the industry. You happy for him Chuck? I'm happy for him, I am and proud to be part of it,
Dave,
First just want to say thanks for all you do for the fireworks community. I bought your video package about 5 years ago and have gotten my ATF license and done over 15 professional shows since.
What I'm messaging u about is I'm in search of one of your videos. I'm looking for the video where u were on top of the Marriot hotel in Pittsburgh for the Christmas tree lighting. I was in Pittsburgh yesterday for and took my family to the tree at the corners of the 3 rivers and told them I saw video how lights were turned on. Do you have title of this video? I searched your YouTube channel and couldn't find it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again

pyrola
12-26-2016, 08:47 PM
I'm ok with you calling me Chuck. I am flattered by it.

Is it ok if I call cowboy dave? See cowboy dave you continue to pat your self on the back and congrats for helping those folks. I could care less about people getting their own licenses. What I do care about is people who claim to be some leader or visionary in the fireworks industry (couch cough you cowboy dave) who have no regard for safety. That is all. If you want to be the drivers ed teacher of the industry so be it. Just tell "your people" that the car can kill someone. Ok cowboy dave?

Rick_In_Tampa
12-29-2016, 06:00 PM
Just tell "your people" that the car can kill someone. Ok cowboy dave?

Lol.. Wow. If you need someone to tell you that the car can kill you, you shouldn't be driving in the first place.