PDA

View Full Version : Type 54 license in Washington

hachirouku86
12-06-2016, 02:26 AM
Hello pyro talk !! I was wondering is it possible to get my type 54 license in Washington ?
Thank you

hatsgoods
12-06-2016, 06:52 AM
yes it is because it a federal government thing. but each state has their own requirements on top of the federal stuff. if you dont have ATF storage you'll need contingency storage. with the company that sells you the 1.3g class B fireworks. i live in new jersey and thought i could never get a 54 but i did. i called my local atf office to have them fax me a application and they did, so i filled it out and mailed it back. about a week and a half later i got a call from the local atf office saying my local atf officer/ agent wants to meet with me for you type 54 app. of course i said yes and she came out to my house about a week later to interview me and then i got a letter in the mail saying i was accepted. then 17 days later i got my real 54 papper in the mail. so dont let your dreams get in the way. i say go for it! dave the owner of this forum sells a package that 2 dvds that shows you the application and how to apply along with a few other things you need to know witch i cant talk about due to displayfireworks1 ( dave ) rules and code of this forum website.

displayfireworks1
12-06-2016, 08:04 AM
If you need my help to understand the procedure consider buying my ATF DVD package.
http://www.pyrotalk.com/shopping.php
The procedure is the same for all states in United States. I think I have been receiving emails from you. You need to decide to either buy my DVD package or learn it on your own. I have to be honest my experience has been most enthusiast that have 50 questions usually don't pursue it. Others just go for it , understand the concept and then proceed in one of two directions. Those are the ones that obtain the license.

Bigjohnson
12-06-2016, 03:43 PM
I got mine in Illinois and fireworks aren't allowed here. I was told if I wanted to shoot in Illinois I need a dnr license and show insurance. Well I'll be doing all my shooting in Indiana so I'm fine. I will still persuade the dnr license to keep my local atf happy. I don't want him to spite me and not renew it

PyroJoeNEPA
12-06-2016, 07:02 PM
Welcome to the Forum.