PDA

View Full Version : Sept. 17 PGI certification class - Black Lick, Pa.

jknepp1954
07-20-2011, 04:54 PM
Here is a copy/paste version of a flyer (since I don't know how to do attachments)
Display Fireworks Safety Training Class
Open to Public
This class is an ideal opportunity for Fire Marshals, Chiefs and other fire and law
enforcement personnel, as well as anyone else interested in learning about Professional
Display Fireworks to train with Professional Shooters.
Class is presented by the Pyrotechnic Artists Inc. of Pennsylvania
And endorsed by the Pyrotechnics Guild International
Saturday September 17, 2011 At Burrell Township Rod and Gun Club
404 E. DeVinney Hollow Rd. Black Lick, PA 15716 (Indiana County)
The PGI Display Operator Certification (DOC) Course is, designed to meet the need for both a “Basic”
course in Fireworks Display Safety and as the first step in an optional Certification Process which, when
completed results in the successful trainee becoming a PGI Certified Display Operator.
This course has been offered for over 20 years and has been completed by thousands of professional
fireworks display personnel, law enforcement and hobbyists alike.
The comprehensive textbook and associated course will cover many important topics including site
surveys, equipment, techniques, safety measures and product handling. The hands on outdoor live fire
portion of the class will include fireworks failure demonstrations and the opportunity for students to
hand fire live display shells.
• The class required one full day to complete and begins at 8:00am and usually ends at 5:00pm.
• The class may be taken by anyone over 18 years of age.
• The successful completion of the class AND completion of verifiable fireworks display experience
qualifies one to apply for PGI Shooter Certification.
Class Fee Includes:
• New copy of the 2007 edition of the PGI Display Fireworks Shooter Safety Manual
• Classroom instruction by industry professionals
• Demonstrations of fireworks: Normal, Anomalies and Failures
• Hands on training for manually loading and firing professional display shells
• Written examination
• Personalized certificate of completion upon satisfactory completion of hands on training and
passing score on written examination.
Class Fee: $100 – Payment and registration recommended before September 11, 2011
PYRO CLASS, P.O. BOX 216, Elton, PA 15934
Contact: Howard Fry by phone to confirm space availability (814) 659-7201
Class size is limited early registration recommended
The Pyrotechnics Artists Inc of Pennsylvania will hold a club meeting following the class. After the
meeting an open shoot will be held and anyone completing the class will be invited to attend the open
shoot for some additional experience. Various Fireworks vendors may be present and fireworks
purchased on site MUST BE SHOT ON SITE.

Blackdevil77
07-20-2011, 05:34 PM
I'm there and I'm bringing a friend along as well :)

Blackdevil77
07-25-2011, 08:12 PM
Just sent in a check for 200. I'm coming with a friend. Can't wait!

jknepp1954
07-25-2011, 09:25 PM
Great - we will probably see you and your friend both there then!

J's12talk
07-25-2011, 09:34 PM
Just sent in a check for 200. I'm coming with a friend. Can't wait!

I'll be down for the meeting and the open shoot. We'll hook up and blow the sky apart.

Blackdevil77
07-25-2011, 10:17 PM
Looking forward to seeing you!

I'll be down for the meeting and the open shoot. We'll hook up and blow the sky apart.

Sounds like a plan! :D

Frankiefireworks19
07-26-2011, 02:07 AM
Do you need to have been the lead/co shooter in at least 5 shows before taking the course? And what more is required to be a PGI certified display/operator. I'm trying to impress the ATF for my display licence, so should I make a trip for this class? I'm all the way out I. Florida and haven't found any courses like this down here.

Pyro Nation
07-26-2011, 03:05 AM
u can take the course first..... u only need to be a lead/co shooter in 1 show...the other 4 can be helping...

Blackdevil77
07-26-2011, 06:38 AM
Shoot at least 5 shows, one of which you are the lead shooter, once every 3 years to renew your PGI certification, plus 10 bucks lol

jknepp1954
08-22-2011, 05:06 AM
**BUMP**
I just talked to Howard last night - there is still plenty of room for the class. The deadline to register is just like in 3 weeks so quit dragging your feet, and sign up!
Not only that, but check out this great club and hopefully you will enjoy shooting fireworks with them as much as I do for the past 6 years and many others on this forum - and I am sure it will broaden your addiction to pyro! LMAO! :D
Joyce

jknepp1954
09-18-2011, 12:38 AM
black devil - great to meet you and your buddy - wished you could have stayed longer - some awesome pyro went up in air

J12 - thanks for helping with demo - appreciate it all - thanks for use of rack

J's12talk
09-18-2011, 10:15 PM
black devil - great to meet you and your buddy - wished you could have stayed longer - some awesome pyro went up in air

J12 - thanks for helping with demo - appreciate it all - thanks for use of rack

My pleasure jknepp, anytime you can shoot someone elses product its a good day indeed.

J's12talk
09-18-2011, 10:19 PM
black devil it was great meeting you. Hope to see you when you have more time so we can blow the sky up. You missed a good night of pyro.

Blackdevil77
09-18-2011, 11:03 PM
I've been thinking about what I missed all day and its driving me crazy lol. It was great meeting all of you to. Hopefully there's another meet like that one coming up a bit closer to me. Ill do my best to make sure I'm there. Looks like an awesome time!