PDA

View Full Version : 54 in the mail

ras1986
11-10-2016, 11:27 PM
Big win for texas!!! I got my license in the mail today! White envelope... I think I am the FIRST 54 holder in tx WITHOUT a state shooter license. Huge thanks to Dave and Al over at fire art for all the help. Fire art is my new 1.3 wholesaler.

wildcherryxoxo
11-10-2016, 11:45 PM
Papa bless! That is an EXCELLENT victory for pyros in texas!

ras1986
11-10-2016, 11:50 PM
Papa bless! That is an EXCELLENT victory for pyros in texas!
Thanks? Lol I am not sure if you are being fecicious or not....

wildcherryxoxo
11-11-2016, 12:39 AM
I am being quite serious! Job well done (really!!)

chriskrc
11-11-2016, 07:52 AM
Great job on the 54 ras.

cptnding
11-11-2016, 09:28 PM
Nice Job ras. I understand it wasn't easy. Congrats!!

displayfireworks1
11-11-2016, 11:22 PM
We are just starting to move into Texas ras1986 , the ATF convinced you one year ago to withdraw the application and cited all these reasons why you should. Now, here we are one year later and you are ATF licensed. The Pyrotechnic Guild International, the Texas Fire Ants and whatever fireworks groups are out there professing to be advocating for the advancement of the fireworks hobby in United States should be looking at exactly what occurred here. It just got a little easier to become ATF fireworks license in Texas.

clr8ter
11-12-2016, 12:12 PM
the ATF convinced you one year ago to withdraw the application and cited all these reasons why you should.

Does this mean they didn't really want to give the license, but had no legal grounds not to? Does it also mean that since the guy didn't withdraw, and got the license, they'll hold a grudge?

displayfireworks1
11-12-2016, 10:42 PM
What does it mean? Should we fear the ATF? Are they mad and will seek revenge? Should they fear us as knowledgeable enthusiast ? Here is an example of not everything an ATF Inspector tells you is correct. It is also an example of they are not beyond manipulate techniques to convince you to do something they can not do. It is further an example of the supervision in the ATF may know less than the Inspectors do and are just ladder climbers going from one city to another. You will find much of the supervision in the ATF transfers in from other locations, rarely do I see a supervisor who moved up the ranks locally. Most Inspectors don't want supervisor positions. I am pleased the next level of escalation in the ATF is knowledgeable. I knew if this went to next level of escalation we would be successful in getting him licensed.
All of this is similar to contract language interpretation and we file a grievance. This may initially sound strange to most people but the ATF Inspector in this Texas situation who tried to get him to withdraw the application, may now be pleased someone other than him approved this license. I tried to talk with this Inspector before we escalated the delay and refused his effort to get the applicant to withdraw, he was rude and hung up on me. The ATF educates and helps us and in some areas we educate and help the ATF understand us as advanced fireworks enthusiast. Advanced ATF licensed fireworks enthusiast are new in some areas of United States. Every applicant in this part of Texas past ras1986 will be accepted a little easier. Surprisingly for a state as large as Texas , privately held ATF Explosive license numbers are very low.
This situation in Texas does not change my opinion of the ATF Explosive Industry Operations. I continue to find them very helpful and knowledgeable.

djsmurf
11-17-2016, 10:31 PM
Congrats ras!