View Full Version : Displayfireworks1 and Tim Discussion

displayfireworks1
11-04-2016, 11:13 PM
A request for a debate brought about a reasonable discussion. I ask Tim to give me some topics for discussion. He agreed to have the Skype session recorded. I agreed to play it on pyrotalk forums and he will play it on pyrofan forums or whatever forums he decides. Comments are welcome.
Get your cup of tea and relax because it is near one hour long. This is an unlisted video.
Topics.
-ATF
-Overloaded Products
-Safety
-Forums Rules
-Respect for Others
-Vision for the Future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvL4xNA55mo

liame
11-05-2016, 01:32 AM
Good Discussion on both sides. The biggest thing i got out of it is the saftey video/s i personally would love to see these made/directed to.

Northern Sky
11-05-2016, 10:09 AM
There ya have it in a nut shell, boiled, roasted, and shucked.

Thanks for doing this guys.

Now I've got to work off all the popcorn I just ate.:cool:

PyroJoeNEPA
11-05-2016, 12:23 PM
Good discussion. Glad you were able to put this together.

jknepp1954
11-05-2016, 12:31 PM
Very good discussion on both sides. And i like the way things were wrapped up at end.

vegassalute
11-05-2016, 03:55 PM
I liked the way Tim annunciated his counterpoints & constructive criticisms in a clear, unemotional, matter-of-fact way. He communicated his points without F-bombs or other illiterate vulgarity-laced tirades that we see every day on social media platforms. I hope to see more of this kind of candid discussion instead of the anonymous tough guy approach that we see far too often. Regardless of whether the conversation is fireworks, politics, or anything else, intelligent conversation & discussion is the way to dig into two different points of view. I especially hope millennials on the forum saw the power of open and honest debate & discussion. Nice work both of you.

ilovecrackle
11-08-2016, 12:28 AM
Good discussion and glad to hear both sides were very polite, courteous and professional.

yoshisbar
11-09-2016, 08:55 PM
I will say Dave a wonderful I hr. Almost as good as watching the returns last nite (lol). GREAT points on both sides.

yoshisbar
11-09-2016, 09:36 PM
AND on a side note I gave to 2 of your sponsors (Kellner's and overstockcentral.com) And YOU more than 4k this year AND got my type 54, had 3 great shows and a wonderful crowd for them. Still have all my fingers and toes so your doing something right. And BY THE WAY, I would have give you $100 to come up and film a show if you wanted (think about that in you business plan!!)... Matt

displayfireworks1
11-10-2016, 01:49 PM
Thanks for your comment, I have the support a large number of people in the business. I could not do what I do without them. They see value in what I do. One of my advertisers recently told me, over the years they tried all sorts of advertising to stimulate business and found what I do to be the most effective. There are still some stubborn business people out there not signing up. Keep advertising on that billboard or the back of that grocery store receipt. I can do better for you. I'll be here waiting, send me an email, we will sign you on to pyrotalk.

displayfireworks1
11-23-2016, 08:04 AM
Thanks everyone for your comments. I am also looking at all the comments here and on the internet that are out there to read. In addition I receive feedback from one of my advertisers. There are not many comments. I have some thoughts about it all and will express it soon. There is some interesting psychology going on about what is actually said and what someone else perceives. There is also something to be said for the lack of comments. If you are out there say what you have to say because it will be too late when I summarize it all. Look for that video soon.

displayfireworks1
12-02-2016, 09:36 PM
As I stated in my last comment , here is my summary video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr_Ieu2wWb0

ilovecrackle
12-04-2016, 03:12 AM
Interesting follow up

Northern Sky
12-05-2016, 03:06 PM
You took an otherwise positive video and put your "negative" spin of it YET AGAIN. Why do you insist on commenting about EVERY negative thing said about you on every forum?

ilovecrackle
12-05-2016, 03:59 PM
You took an otherwise positive video and put your "negative" spin of it YET AGAIN. Why do you insist on commenting about EVERY negative thing said about you on every forum?

Yeah, thus my comment above "interesting follow up". It just baffles my little crackle mind how such a negative follow up video to such a good initial video can come about.
The Skype debate between Dave and coach was really good and very professional on both sides.
Both didn't agree with everything said but was discussed in a professional manner. It appeared both sides understood where the other was coming from.
A video/discussion like that was needed for a long time. After watching the entire video, I was eager to see if anything positive would come from it.......

UniversalPyro
12-05-2016, 05:35 PM
You really need to not care about what others say. You have enough going for you either way. The website is growing and sponsors are growing here. I think your the only one who cares about what other websites are saying about you. You guys can keep going back and forth forever and its the same discussion.

displayfireworks1
12-05-2016, 07:40 PM
Northern Sky, your friends are poor negotiators and full of dirty tricks. On a bright side they stopped calling the ATF on me. Send me a picture of that Pyrohobie, or any of the other 20 would be great. This way when I go somewhere I don’t keep getting setup.
At Universal Pyro, you are correct. I get pulled into it from time to time. I think if I can put a face with these names it will help me close it. You are correct, the website is fine, I keep getting the support of people in the business and growth of the ATF license continues. There are some great people on the pyrotalk forums and my YouTube subscribers from around the world enjoy my videos. I lasted longer than most TV sitcoms. LOL I am thankful and need to continue to focus on the continuing those goals.

Northern Sky
12-05-2016, 09:22 PM
Northern Sky, your friends are poor negotiators and full of dirty tricks. I have no clue what you mean by thisOn a bright side they stopped calling the ATF on me.this either Send me a picture of that Pyrohobie, or any of the other 20 would be great. If you treat everyone you meet like they are "the 20" you have nothing to be concerned about.This way when I go somewhere I don’t keep getting setup. [BHow have you been set up? Feel free to PM me too by the way.[/B]

Let's to keep this in a positive light. I don't do shouting matches on forums.

clr8ter
12-05-2016, 09:35 PM
What is "the other 20"?

nayslayer
12-06-2016, 07:45 AM
What is "the other 20"?

I'd imagine the the other 20 guys that try to get him in trouble. This is Dave's site and he can do anything he wants here, I think this should taken in private.

ajp989
12-08-2016, 03:42 PM
As I stated in my last comment , here is my summary video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr_Ieu2wWb0

What happened with the followup its private now

fatcat
12-08-2016, 08:34 PM
I was having the same thought. I kept thinking I was doing something wrong with the computer and just could not get it?

Knightmare
03-04-2017, 04:31 AM
Sorry for resurrecting this older thread but where is the video now?

displayfireworks1
03-04-2017, 09:28 AM
I just noticed these postings. Let me address it. I'm done with this pyrouniverse left over 20. I am still waiting to get pictures of most of them so I can avoid them if I go to an event to prepare myself for their sneak attacks. In May of 2017 it will be 10 years for my youtube videos. The pyrotalk website started in 2011. I think my goals and objectives are pretty well known by now. They have one objectives, that is to stop me and place themselves back to 2005 when they perceived themselves as the pyrotechnic leaders in the hobbyist/enthusiast market. I tried three times over the years to see if they want to be part of my videos and pyrotalk, they are used to bossing Colin around making him pay all the website expenses and they make all the money. Some of them would rather spend 10 years of anger than a dime on advertising. Smart business people don't do that. There are probably 20 other issues they will tell you about permits and insurance, I'm dangerous that sort of thing. Those all appear to sound good, the real reason is my control and influence over the fireworks enthusiast and helping to selling fireworks. At this point all of this conflict has only entertainment value. I'm trying to run my own race, I work hard and need to stay focused. On a positive side, I see some of them are finally starting to become ATF licensed themselves. That is a good thing.

Northern Sky
03-04-2017, 09:48 AM
The Russians did it.

displayfireworks1
03-04-2017, 10:20 AM
No, they are in Amsterdam now. LOL Can I get a high five on my comeback answer.
https://laidoffdiaries.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/164637_536889613016964_2008044695_n1.jpg

Knightmare
04-24-2017, 11:52 PM
Could I still watch this video anywhere here? I would like seeing this myself.

displayfireworks1
04-25-2017, 07:06 AM
You posted this same question 2 months ago? Write in what state you from in your profile.
This will help you with the state location.
It was also one of the first capitals of the United States. Benjamin Franklin lived in XXXXXXXX as did William Penn, Ezra Pound, Louisa May Alcott, Andy Warhol, Kevin Bacon, Ken Griffey Jr. & Sr. and literally dozens of other American household names. Hershey, the famous chocolate factory, is in XXXXXXX.

Knightmare
04-25-2017, 10:42 PM
Nobody answered my question before so I asked it again.

I was just wondering what happened during your discussion there because those people from the other forum which is now defunct were mostly unreasonable. I wasn't trying to upset anyone I promise.

Thanks anyways.

displayfireworks1
04-26-2017, 07:16 AM
Your wrong someone did answer your question in post #24 . When I read your post #29 you are actually answering your own question. I'll answer it one more time generically. The best predictor of future behavior of a person is....past behavior. But we always want to believe something different because of the very few exceptions to that rule that exist.