PDA

View Full Version : Need help choosing Wholesaler for New Years

wampas30
10-27-2016, 10:34 AM
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and maybe you could help me chhose where to order my fireworks from. I'm going to spend $1500-2000 on fireworks and I'm trying to decide between WFBOOM and Nite Lites. I've got the price list for both sites, but I'm having trouble deciding which company I should order from. Especially because they don't seem to carry the same products. One day things look better from one seller and the next day the other!
I'm in SC and will have them shipped if that makes any difference.

In the past I ordered from Victory and was really satisfied, but I'm looking to try something different.

For my show I just fuse a bunch of cakes to go off one after another with some overlap. For my finale I set off 10 blond jokes at the same time.

Any specific recommendation on which 200g and 500g cakes would be great.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

http://i64.tinypic.com/zjdjxh.jpg

Crab107
10-27-2016, 11:26 AM
Ive only ever used WFBoom. So im kinda biased. The Buzzards Roost and Blue Rush cakes are pretty cool. The blue rush goes much faster that whats shown on their videos so if you fire 2 at the same time and face them opposite of each other you get a nice looking double fan effect.
If you order from them youll have your stuff in a week or less. Very good customer service to.

jknepp1954
10-27-2016, 11:59 AM
Wampas - we at Kneppy's also ship. AND we have some DANDY sales going on now until end of year.
please check out our LOW FALL/WINTERpricing.
If you take the time to email me - i can also send you some dandy CLOSEOUT pricing.
jknepp@kneppysfireworks.com

wampas30
10-27-2016, 12:07 PM
I really liked the video of the Buzzards Roost. That would be a must!

ilovecrackle
10-27-2016, 12:32 PM

The video doesn't do this cake justice. Its a busy, noisy cake and fills the sky from top to bottom.
I got 5 cases of it this past year and wish i had gotten more.
You will not be disappointed with it. :cool:

PGHBoom
10-27-2016, 12:46 PM
I also have only dealt with Ray at WFBoom for wholesale orders and have not been disappointed. As far as recommendations the assortment "Sweet 16" is a great price and if you buy three you can mix and match for different break combinations. The same can be said for assortment "Power 13". Shot both off at the same time and you will enjoy. Watch the video linked. There are labels for you to follow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywmcMaout8M

Bazerk
10-27-2016, 01:10 PM
wfboom.com, 200g cake called Pyro Party. Its bad ass. Blew me away and the video does it no justice at all.

PGH_Pyro
10-27-2016, 02:14 PM
pghboom --- sounds like you've never taken a trip to Kneppys ... maybe it's time :cool:

wampas30
10-27-2016, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the video, that was helpful.

Bazerk, what is this being launched at 5:55 of your video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyU1D60HTZ0&feature=youtu.be

Wholesale Fireworks
10-27-2016, 02:20 PM
Wampas 30..... I first want to tell you that you are definitely making the right move to purchase your product wholesale. Whoever you purchase from, that is definitely the way to go. If you have not called to speak with us I would invite you to contact us so we can answer any questions you may have. You can contact me directly and if I am not available you can ask for Jack. We are both here to help make your decision as easy as possible. We have some new product arriving within the next two weeks so if you can hold out a little longer, it may help you make your decision.
Thank you for considering us and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

jLk_pyro
10-27-2016, 02:26 PM
PHGBOOM, that's a great video! I wish there were more firework vids out there like that. I'll be referring to that video when I get ready for my next show. Vertical Velocity and Tunguska Blast really stood out to me. I'm trying to venture into those types of effects nowadays in order to spice up my shows. Great vid.

PGHBoom
10-27-2016, 02:42 PM
PGH_Pyro, until I get my Type 54 license I am only left with traveling into Ohio. Somehow I just can't pull the trigger.

Bazerk
10-27-2016, 02:45 PM
Bazerk, what is this being launched at 5:55 of your video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyU1D60HTZ0&feature=youtu.be

That was 1.75in Canister Salutes from Lynch Imports. They are a 1.3 product unfortunately. However, 95% of everything that fired up to that point was 200g cakes from wfboom.

PGHBoom
10-27-2016, 02:46 PM
jLk_pyro, If you You Tube search mguerramd you can see more labeled videos of WFBoom merchandise.

Westpapyro
10-27-2016, 02:56 PM
PGH_Pyro, until I get my Type 54 license I am only left with traveling into Ohio. Somehow I just can't pull the trigger.

Call and talk to Joyce about joining a club. I will use Kellners as an example, if you go to Kellners open shoot nite and are part of the Pa Pyro artist club. Well, you get the point, I hope!

jLk_pyro
10-27-2016, 03:03 PM
jLk_pyro, If you You Tube search mguerramd you can see more labeled videos of WFBoom merchandise.

Thanks for the tip!

Fire Art
10-27-2016, 03:34 PM
Might as well throw my hat in the ring too, lol. You honestly can't go wrong with any of the choices but at least give us a look. In addition to the hand picked items from numerous brands that we offer, we also carry a full line of Articles Pyrotechnic in case you wanted to step up your game with some of those effects. Feel free to contact me anytime.

Al

cptnding
10-27-2016, 10:17 PM
Thanks for all the info. Great thread. And nice show pghboom

PGH_Pyro
10-28-2016, 10:02 PM
i personally, endorse Fire Art AND Kneppys ... PghBoom ... get to their open shoot nights and consider joining a pyro club ...
one does not necessarily have to drive to Ohio for quality product /...

displayfireworks1
10-30-2016, 12:04 AM
At Wmapas30, that is cool picture, i like seeing set up pictures. As you can see most of my advertisers are shipping fireworks into multiple states. I am happy you are considering all of them. The choice is yours. Another suggestion is to find other enthusiast in your area to order with you and with the budget increased you get better value on the shipping.

ilovecrackle
10-30-2016, 01:06 AM
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and maybe you could help me chhose where to order my fireworks from. I'm going to spend $1500-2000 on fireworks and I'm trying to decide between WFBOOM and Nite Lites. I've got the price list for both sites, but I'm having trouble deciding which company I should order from. Especially because they don't seem to carry the same products. One day things look better from one seller and the next day the other!
I'm in SC and will have them shipped if that makes any difference.

In the past I ordered from Victory and was really satisfied, but I'm looking to try something different.

For my show I just fuse a bunch of cakes to go off one after another with some overlap. For my finale I set off 10 blond jokes at the same time.

Any specific recommendation on which 200g and 500g cakes would be great.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

http://i64.tinypic.com/zjdjxh.jpg

Nice setup pic. I'm a huge fan of some of that product brand you have in there.

wampas30
11-01-2016, 09:14 AM
Nice setup pic. I'm a huge fan of some of that product brand you have in there.

That gold brocade bash by PyroKing is one of my favorites. Everyone wants to know what it is!

vegassalute
11-01-2016, 10:04 AM
My two cents - Ray & the ownership over at WFB definitely have their act together. I wrote an order with them a couple months ago and it couldn't have gone more smoothly. Give them strong consideration before you cut your next PO. Also as an aside, if anyone is placing an order near me and you're looking for some more tonnage, feel free to PM. Always room for more pyro in the mag! Thanks & have fun. Especially with New Years coming up!!

ilovecrackle
11-01-2016, 06:14 PM
That gold brocade bash by PyroKing is one of my favorites. Everyone wants to know what it is!

Yep, one of my favorites. :D

Pyro Paul
11-01-2016, 08:46 PM
I was astounded at the customer service from WFBOOM. Even though I've got my own local wholesale suppliers I'm considering another purchase from Ray next year. I just wish he had some of the 9 tube cakes *hint *hint (King crown is one of my favorites) ;)

PGH_Pyro
11-01-2016, 11:19 PM
Kneppys, for the win .

yoshisbar
11-09-2016, 09:07 PM
One of dave's NEW advertiser's AND who I buy from EVERY year overstockcentral.com call randall he WILL hook you up! Not knocking wfboom bough from them for years, but Buy $500+ from overstock and free shipping! And if you live as close as I do I go mine in LESS than 24hrs on the truck!! Have a very good selection of pyrodemon and excels also!!

Digitalboomer
11-29-2016, 06:05 PM
Spirit of 76 has some pro series consumer products that make a great show. Check out some of their 5 second cakes you can use in a finale. I ordered a case of each of them to go off in a series before my sky puke. They have a 5 second silver dragon cake that is awesome.

hensonj
12-02-2016, 06:17 PM
Eddie at Nite Lites is a great guy to deal with. i buy all of my 1.3g items from him

Rick_In_Tampa
12-08-2016, 09:48 PM

I shot Buzzard's Roost last year and I'm ordering 2 cases for next year.

Other "must haves" for me include: Easy Money, Pyroclastic, Chaotic 63s, Hold the Line, Vegas Lights, and High Stepper.

If you have a free weekend, spend it watching all the videos. That's how I put together my list. I write down every cake I like into a spreadsheet, then rack and stack them by price per cake. Then I can whittle them down until I get to the price point I'm looking at spending each year.