PDA

View Full Version : ATF License Victory Texas

displayfireworks1
10-26-2016, 09:42 PM
It will now be just a little easier to get an ATF Fireworks License in the state of Texas.
Unlisted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GhTWvHliIM
http://www.vacation2usa.com/i2map_texas.png

ras1986
10-26-2016, 10:04 PM
Yep. Dave said it all, if you do everything he says you can get the license here in tx. Maybe we can get triple digit numbers here as well. The best thing about me getting this license is anyone who wants one in Texas now can just say, we'll he got one without all of that texas state red tape bullshit. HUGE thanks to Dave for the countless emails and text messages, literally hundreds, long phone conversations and personal time spent helping me, could not have done it with out your package and your personal help. Like I've said before, I started this gig hand lighting a couple hundred bucks of retail fireworks for friends like 8 years ago... I'm here now federally licensed, proud cobra owner, shooting huge shows, and recently..... building my own fireworks. It's all from Dave's you tube and pyrotalk. Also a big thanks to Al over at fireart, my new wholesaler, for writing the ridiculous letter the ATF wanted.... they didn't believe me that companies like fireart and Kellner hold open shoots for 1.3 and guys like us don't need permits and state licenses to go shoot there, just a 54. Like Dave stated guys like us don't exist in Texas and we make them scratch their heads. Anyway, I hope to see alot more texas guys get theirs also.

chriskrc
10-27-2016, 06:56 AM
Great job on the 54 ras. This should open new doors and help other's as well.

misfmr
10-27-2016, 08:44 AM
Congratulations ras1986 and Dave.

Frank Rodriguez

PyroManiacs
10-27-2016, 09:15 AM
Congrats Ras!

Fire Art
10-27-2016, 12:51 PM
Congrats brother, I am glad it finally worked out.

carrant
10-27-2016, 04:50 PM
Congrats on your license!

cptnding
10-27-2016, 11:28 PM
Nice! .

PyroJoeNEPA
10-28-2016, 01:21 PM
Great news ras! Glad for you. Texas scorecard-- Pyros 1 Big Brother 0

displayfireworks1
10-28-2016, 01:50 PM
I want to thank ras1986 for allowing me to share his situation. I am proud to be part of it. It validates much of what I have said in the past. This a Federal procedure and the state/local has limited control over it. I would thank their ATF legal department in Texas for coming to the correct decision, but if I called they would probably hang up on me again. LOL

Westpapyro
10-28-2016, 02:37 PM
Congrats to you and Dave. So I'm informed was it a local issue or was it the state certification issue or both? If you pissed them off, watch your p's and q's. Lol
Sounds like if they catch you doing something wrong the would just hang up on your lawyer and throw away the key!

displayfireworks1
10-28-2016, 06:10 PM
I rather not get into all the finer details of his situation, it was local issues and the old make you sign to withdraw the application with a Texas twist. Make the ATF upset you say. The ATF is not to be feared, they have been very helpful many times. Look at the most recent email feedback, I posted where that Phantom Fireworks user in Wyoming said they helped him get his magazine approved. I had a ATF Inspector in West Virginia tell me "Have the guy call me I will help him". The Inspector in this situation had an attitude and though he had more control over the applicant without considering his due process and the procedure. He went to an end cause of action (sign it or forfeit) as a first cause of action. These guys are like cops, occasionally you get a bad one. My quick take on it is there is poor supervision in that office. We as advanced user of 1.3 fireworks not in business are new in some locations. Once they recognize us in a difficult location it will become easier for future applicants. I do not judge the ATF for this one incident. I also hope they do not judge me.
I referenced the New England applicant 2 years ago, he also was an advanced user with a magazine, the ATF was dragging his approval out and delaying a decision. He contacted me and ask for my help. I called the supervisor for that area, it was a female I remember, we talked , she was very friendly and professional. He was approved within two days. They just do not know in some areas of the country. I am trying to change that, and for those that apply we are slowly changing it.

Redraider
11-12-2016, 09:49 PM
Congrats. Good job guys

Casiasr6
11-14-2016, 12:12 PM
Congrats to the both of y'all. I live south of San Antonio and I only know 2 people with a license and they work together for a display company. I may be contacting y'all in a few months if I can figure out the proper storage requirements.