PDA

View Full Version : Snow Fireworks

vegassalute
10-23-2016, 09:10 AM
We received our first substantial snowfall here on the mountain last night. I've got tons of cakes, mortars, canisters, balls, magic tape along with rolls of visco & miles of fast fuse from my toolbox. First snow-shoot of the year!!!!! Woohoo! Love fireworks in the snow!

liame
10-23-2016, 01:14 PM
how much did you get? i only got a dusting it was gone before 9am. fireworks after a fresh snow are great!

vegassalute
10-23-2016, 07:41 PM
Underhill, a solid 6" this am.

primetime347
10-24-2016, 03:39 AM
how much did you get? i only got a dusting it was gone before 9am. fireworks after a fresh snow are great!

Can you explain why fireworks are so great with snow on the ground? I have heard that shooting fireworks while it is snowing is amazing, but I have never seen it or done it.

jamisonlm3
10-24-2016, 04:28 AM
I wish it would snow here. Send some of that snow to my state. We don't get much in the way of snow except every now and then. When it does snow, it melts the second it hits anything. It'd be nice to be able to shoot some fireworks off while it was snowing good. I wonder how the falling snow would look like while being illuminated in the sky. I welcome the cooler weather as well.

VintagePyro
10-24-2016, 02:03 PM
My favorite firework in snow, Roman candles. If your snow is soft enough and you have big piles, you can shoot Roman candles into the snowbanks and it makes them glow whatever color the pearls/stars youre shooting are. Not done report candles this way but im sure theyd just make a big snow mess.

PGH_Pyro
10-24-2016, 03:10 PM
the reason(s) fireworks in the winter snow are good = the colors somewhat reflect off of the white snow cover and add more color / eye candy ... the acoustics are different ... more focused ... a bit attenuated/muffled from the snow ...and perhaps best of all, you have much less chance of igniting any grass or brush on fire as everything is covered with snow and/or damp...