PDA

View Full Version : Question From Romania

displayfireworks1
10-21-2016, 01:21 PM
I occasionally like to post some of the questions I receive via email from my YouTube channel. Here is an interesting one from Romania. I have received questions like this before about fusing, sometimes people have difficulty understanding the fusing and electrical firing concept. I try to keep this type of person in mind when making a video and over explaining at times.
If someone wants to help me out with this and post a response I'll be happy to copy and paste it in my response. Here is the email
Hello Sir,

My name is XXXXXX i am from Romania / Europe. I came across with your page on YouTube, i just love your videos, and your explanations. At this moment i have a small business which involves dry ice machines and small interior volcano’s at weddings (first dance), but i want to go bigger. I want to go and get my pyrotechnician license next month, but until then i'm making some own documentation.

I have some question regarding connectivity, especially the connection between the electric match and the quick fuse. When there are multiple fireworks (bombs) connected to the same quick fuse, when the first one takes off, it doesn’t drag the other fireworks after it? I saw in some of the videos that some fireworks are wired together to the same quick fuse (the main one). I know that the quick fuse burns quickly, but is there enough time so that before the first one takes off, the wire that goes to the second firework detaches from the main line so it doesn’t drag the other ones after it?

Another question involves connecting the electrical match to a single firework. I saw in the videos that there are different ways to tie the wire to the mortar, i think the best one is to tie it thought that small hole. I am a bit confused how will it take off when it is tied to the mortar. Will the electric match wire break loose from the slow/fast fuse, or how?

I hope you understand my questions, and I also hope that I didn’t embarrassed myself with this questions, but I am new when it comes to big fireworks.

Thank you in advance, i hope you have time to reply me at this email

Best Regards.

XXXXXXX

Bazerk
10-21-2016, 01:28 PM
So yes, the quick match will not hinder the second firework from going where it needs to go. I quick matched 24 mortars together and they went off without a hitch, pretty close to the same time. That stuff burns at a ridiculous rate of speed. Blew me away the first time I burned a section of it myself. As far as the e-match to the mortar....worry not. The mortars come out at such a high velocity that the wire breaks so long as you have it tied down to something. The tube or a screw in the rack works all the same. Lastly, try not to use the word bombs when describing these things, lol. Sounds ominous when you state that you would like to wire multiple bombs together. I hope this helps.