PDA

View Full Version : new member

leftiluci
10-20-2016, 05:18 PM
hello, have been into fireworks for over 40 years and have been lurking on forum sites since they began. anybody remember siny's site pyro freedom kicks ass? I even managed to join p.u.'s 1st bigs group buy even though not a member. so this is my 1st time joining any site but soon to join p.f. as well. hey dave ,saw you at pgi, this year but you were busy being a movie star so I didn't interrupt to say hi.

fatcat
10-20-2016, 08:36 PM
Welcome aboard

leftiluci
10-20-2016, 09:31 PM
thanks, gulf coast of florida was my home for 10 years, bad luck story was powder keg built a b+m store in Pinellas county 6 months before they made sales illegal. fast forward 10 -12years powder keg opens a huge location in Merrillville ,in and krazy gk sends in people to shut them down the week before 4th of july for fire code violations putting them out of business for 2years. so they had an auction for the whole store. the thing was they had all the lights off and supposedly? run by generators. but if you followed the path of the cords they were plugged right into the walls.they started the auction with a couple of bs items. then said they got a call from the bank to sell the whole thing for one price.instead of in lots ,at which time a relative of powder keg owners bought the whole lot for around 80000.a great deal for them but bad news for everyone that took trucks and trailers and wasted their day hoping to get a good deal even gk looked sad that he couldn't commit to the spur of the moment decision to buy 300000 worth of product for 80000

displayfireworks1
10-20-2016, 09:50 PM
Your post are hard to follow, what made you finally decide to sign up to a fireworks forum after 40 years?

leftiluci
10-20-2016, 10:16 PM
there was no net 40 years ago but there was the bicentennial when my father declared we are going to shoot twice as many things as last year. best news I ever heard . so we reloaded all our millers 3 repeaters with our homeade cherry bombs and spent the night launching things like peacock bottle rockets which had beautiful orange bp tails and lighting packs of big bear,dixie boy ,peacock, zebra ,black jack pirate,and side fused beasts for agricultural use only

leftiluci
10-20-2016, 11:08 PM
sorry, didn't actually answer your question in the last post, reason for finally joining, can't see pictures or videos without. also an alternative motive, was wanting to join the hpa, can someone who is in the hpa tell me if properly labled ols are allowed in open shoots or if pgi mentality prevails

cptnding
10-20-2016, 11:49 PM
sorry, didn't actually answer your question in the last post, reason for finally joining, can't see pictures or videos without. also an alternative motive, was wanting to join the hpa, can someone who is in the hpa tell me if properly labled ols are allowed in open shoots or if pgi mentality prevails

Forgive my ignorance, but what are "properly labeled ols"?

leftiluci
10-20-2016, 11:55 PM
good things

Fire Art
10-21-2016, 10:24 AM
Welcome aboard!

chriskrc
10-21-2016, 12:00 PM
Welcome to the forum.

PyroManiacs
10-21-2016, 11:22 PM
Welcome To PyroTalk!

primetime347
10-22-2016, 04:26 AM
Welcome to the forum. I have to admit, I am slightly confused on what you are talking about....

jknepp1954
10-22-2016, 04:57 PM
Lefti - first of all welcome aboard. And yes i remember SINY private site - by special invitation only. But defunct as are some other older forum sites.
SINY use to stop by our store at least once yr - but havn'et seen him for a couple....
I too am having a hard time following what you are tyring to say. but from what i hearing you - i remember something of a big Auction sale - but thought was just couple yr ago. Owner sent someone in ahead to clean up and NO ONE there ever got a chance to put in a bid - or some type of strange story as that....really pissed alot of folks off.

PyroJoeNEPA
10-22-2016, 07:15 PM
In line with everybody else trying to follow your posts--but welcome to PyroTalk.

Bigjohnson
12-05-2016, 11:59 PM
I'm most likely going to join heartland in the spring. Where are you at in Illinois? I have a good spot for some over loads of you want to pm me.

leftiluci
12-06-2016, 09:13 PM
Thinking about changing user name to " hard to follow". This would be good on more than one level, anyone ever see the buddy holly movie?, where Jerry Lee Lewis kills the opening act and then say's " follow that!" ?. jknepp the funniest video from siny that I watched over and over was him lighting a blue streak rocket and running back inside his house like a scared little b----.This was the first example of what stoney termed "shoot and scoot" .Big Johnson I pm'd you , since I am new to this ,let me know if you got it. c.b. ,pm me we're all neighbors living on the east end of almost freedom.I think we know the same people in nwi { mark, rob, tom ,brian,,marilyn,dan,thad,randy,greg } '

infante0216
12-07-2016, 09:34 AM
Welcome ON.

djsmurf
12-14-2016, 11:40 PM
Welcome to the forum.