PDA

View Full Version : I am looking for a brick of these

Big Mark
10-08-2016, 12:59 AM
Old school Jumping jacks would like to get a brick of them.http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=1489&stc=1 Any help would be appreciated

primetime347
10-08-2016, 02:20 AM
I have not seen those type of jumping jacks for a long time. Those where the best though!

displayfireworks1
10-08-2016, 07:58 AM
I am curious are you a new or established collector? There are tables of this stuff for sale at the PGI conventions. Always fun to look at. Perhaps if someone has these they will send you a PM.

vegassalute
10-08-2016, 09:09 AM
Same here Big Mark. I was lighting jumping jacks the other day and thinking the same thing. Jumping Jacks of the 80s seemed to have the power of today's ground bloom flowers. I miss those things. Even if I found a brick of them I don't know if I'd have the heart to light them. God they were fun. If anyone is getting rid of vintage bricks, please feel free to PM me as well.

Big Mark
10-08-2016, 08:50 PM
Dave I am fairly new to the collector seen. And wonted to start out with the things I loved as a kid. And these being at the top of the list. I figured I would give it a shot to see if there are any out there.

Hydrazine
10-08-2016, 10:58 PM
Jumping Jacks are awesome. :)

Fire Art
10-10-2016, 12:23 PM
Not that they will help from a collector standpoint but we will be carrying Jumping Jacks that actually spin next season. They are currently in the works.

VintagePyro
10-17-2016, 09:31 PM
From time to time I come across them. Just got to be looking at all times. The DOT ones can cost more than most are willing to pay. Sought after items.

scmille
10-18-2016, 06:19 PM
I think I have these.

VintagePyro
10-19-2016, 02:25 PM

DOT Horsebrand Jumping Jack brick.

vegassalute
10-19-2016, 09:39 PM
Is someone selling brisk of these? I bet they perform amazingly!!!!

countryboy7978
10-20-2016, 02:11 PM
A brick of DOT jumping jacks on the collectors market cost between $75-$150 a brick now. Some of the older ones are even more expensive due to the rarity of these. Most supplies have dried up. While I'm glad some importers are trying to bring in better jumpers, I have low expectations. Nobody is going to get crimped jumping jacks into the country anymore which is what made the older DOT versions perform so well. The weighed a fraction of what the current clay versions do. I've come across some decent UN jumping jacks but most are older UN.

Plum Blossum Bouquet by Horse was an early UN jack. It had clay but also was packed nice and had quite a report. I found some a few years ago at a retailer and bought them all. Megaton and Megabanger both made a decent version of Baby Magic Blooms. I still have some hanging around. The best one I've come across today is Dominator Jitter Bugs. They are a decent jack strung together with loud firecrackers. A buddy lit some at PGI and I was impressed.

leftiluci
10-20-2016, 09:59 PM
the old ones are gone , but the new ones are better, zips, zigzag zoom ,zingers, speed balls, little flying dragons, zippers, buzzballs, flying ground blooms, even phantom has flying ground blooms. I have found the slightly smaller ones perform better [caliber zippers] [cannon twister stix]

nayslayer
10-21-2016, 06:56 AM
I remember these from my childhood. They actually spun on ground for most part. Zippers are great, check them out