PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks on the Farm 2016

displayfireworks1
09-27-2016, 05:14 PM
This is video from the annual Fireworks on the Farm (2016). I had to abruptly end the video because the SD was full and stopped the recording.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ1BQ2hRruA

primetime347
09-29-2016, 06:12 AM
Dave, thank you for the video. I can definitely use this video as an educational video to see how pros set up consumer and pro demonstrations. Did you ever figure out what happened to those racks that never went off? Que not get pushed or just hang fires like you said in the video?

displayfireworks1
09-29-2016, 07:02 AM
I did not wire that section and I did not fire that section. I am not sure what happened. It is one of a few possibilities. Human error of some sort. The fuses were slow and hang fire on some of these shells. Usually when you place the electric match into the quick match you do not get hang fires unless moisture got to the quick match. Some of this product may have come from the same supplier we had finale issues with a couple of years back. Not everything was from XFXpyro.

Northern Sky
09-29-2016, 12:43 PM
Did you ever figure out what happened to those racks that never went off? Que not get pushed or just hang fires like you said in the video?

After several years and lots and lots of displays this has become one of my missions on shoot sites. At the end of the night and way too many hours of planning and setup most of us take the no fires and miss fires as acceptable failures.

These days I want to know why product didn't fire. I, as a lead or assistant lead, personally look over every position to make sure I am good with what I see. If time permits, I do continuity tests on all Cobra 18Ms and turn their keyw to ARM them. When they are all armed I use the Control Panel with my 18R2 to check Continuity, Battery Level and Signal Quality on every module and AB in the show and address any concerns.

After the show, failures are dissected to at lease make an effort to figure out what happened or didn't happen. If there is human or equipment error I want to know to minimize repeat problems. More often than not it is human error. I guess the key phrase here is fail to plan and plan to fail.

Just because the lead didn't personally do "all the work", in the end, who is responsible for the end result?

I could elaborate but that covers the high points.

Westpapyro
09-29-2016, 03:36 PM
Keep it as simple as ABC

In fireworks that means "always brace cakes"

In the election it also works.... "ABC"

chriskrc
09-30-2016, 06:53 AM
That was still a great show Dave and the high Def video makes it feel like I was right there next to you. What kind of camera are you using now?