PDA

View Full Version : Free to good home

arganx
09-22-2016, 06:16 PM
Hi Everyone,

Although I have enjoyed being in pyrotechnics, it's time to retire the hobby. I have many chemicals (a lot unopened), press, ball mill, black powder, and many supplies that I would like to donate to "first come - first served". I would like everything to be useful to someone and I hate to throw it out.

I'm in the Houston area. My regular email (I probably will not monitor here) is arganx216@yahoo.com.

My phone is 281-543-5448

Thanks,
Joe Jernigan

Northern Sky
09-22-2016, 06:21 PM
I'd suggest donating it to a building club in your area.

displayfireworks1
09-22-2016, 07:48 PM
I help people free of charge that want to give their fireworks chemicals away. I could have helped you and assessed if the person receiving them was a proper person. You could have remained anonymous (Joe Jernigan 281-543-5448 ). As long as you are not selling them you are free to do it yourself. You probably should give an approximation of how many pounds you have to give away. By the way there is more than one Houston in United States. I listed your location as Texas.

ras1986
09-22-2016, 08:50 PM
It's mine!!!! Back off everyone!!!! Lol I'm going to get it on Saturday morning. Im sad that this nice person wasn't part of the forums.... I hope to pick his brain on Saturday and get all the info I can from him. A fireworks maker is a dying breed and I have always wanted to do it. I will post a video when I get everything home and I will build a salute rocket and dedicate it to joe!!!!! I have a ton a flash powder ready to go and he is giving me rocket tooling and a press!!!!! Lol Dave who would you have given it to.......?

displayfireworks1
09-22-2016, 09:54 PM
ras1986 you were first on the list because of geography ie, you are close. LOL You are the final stages of that ATF license. I didn't forget about you. I am going to summarize things for the other members once we get you through it. Get what this guy has to offer, don't make anything just yet. Keep oxidizers and fuel separate. Be sure it is all secure. Just sit on it for now. Don't post any pictures or video just yet. OK now that we have all our business out there, I'll guess I'll stop typing.

ras1986
09-22-2016, 09:59 PM
Gotcha Dave! Hush hush

displayfireworks1
09-22-2016, 10:13 PM
If you see any black Crown Victoria automobiles parked in front of his house Saturday just keep driving past. LOL Now you see why its best to run these chemical giveaways through me to mediate. We have to be sure these chemicals stay within the proper community.

primetime347
09-23-2016, 07:11 AM
Dang, Sad I missed this. That is exactly what I am looking for. Enjoy it Ras1986!

PyroJoeNEPA
09-23-2016, 09:23 AM
If you see any black Crown Victoria automobiles parked in front of his house Saturday just keep driving past.
They aren't using black Chevy Suburbans with blacked out windows anymore????

displayfireworks1
09-23-2016, 10:40 AM
Joe you are funny, after I looked at my post , I laughed because I was thinking the Crown Victoria is so 2011. They have Suburban's now. This is at least the third chemical giveaway coming through pyrotalk forums.

jknepp1954
09-23-2016, 02:10 PM
I have seen both crown vics and Suburbans - LOL

chriskrc
09-23-2016, 04:41 PM
It's the men in black coming to get you, oh wait wrong stuff this is fireworks not aliens.

ras1986
09-24-2016, 06:33 PM
Vwry very nice stuff guys!!! I think everything sky lighter sells is here. Filled up my bed and back seat of my truck. Does anyone know if thechemist45 moved to Houston? I could swear this man was him....

displayfireworks1
09-24-2016, 07:00 PM
When he answered the door , did he say Helloooooooooooooo ? LOL Glad it all went well

ras1986
09-24-2016, 07:13 PM
It was his laugh. Identical to the chemists... did he build fireworks? Did I mention how much 3 and 5 micron aluminum there was...... and potassium perchlorate.....

displayfireworks1
09-24-2016, 08:18 PM
Ok time to close the thread. Glad it went well. The good news is the chemicals stayed within the pyro community. There will be a time for information about the details in the future.
To anyone out there reading this, if you have a large supply of pyrotechnic chemicals and want to give them away please email me at pyrotalk@gmail.com and I will be happy to find them a new home with a pyrotechnic enthusiast. This may be the preferred method rather than posting your personal information.