PDA

View Full Version : TEXAS - BATF License

z33k
09-22-2016, 06:09 PM

Is anyone here a member of the Pyrotechnic Artists of Texas (PAT)?

I am interested in getting properly licensed to avoid legal issues and to be able to purchase and transport 1.3 fireworks and home made black powder rockets for non-professional, hobby use.

I have ordered Dave's DVD kit to help educate myself.

Would it be beneficial to join this local Pyro club ( http://www.fireants.org/ )?

I am physically located a little south of Fort Worth, TX.

I would like to know if anyone in the club has their license(s) and, if so, what they had to go through to get licensed in Texas.

I know that member, ras1986 from Texas, is working with Dave now to navigate the Texas Red Tape. Hopefully, they will post info about the process once complete.

ras1986
09-22-2016, 07:42 PM
I'm trying buddy! Lol its tough to show these atf inspector how to do their job correctly. THEY are actually avoiding me, I think they are running scared... anyway I'm not a member of the club, I would be but they are too far away from me. They will total hook you up on sign offs for your texas certification... you won't need a Texas license to transport fireworks, you will need that 54 tho. Your biggest hurdle will be storage, become buddies with a fireworks company who will offer it to you or/if/when I get approved I will offer contingency storage to any Texan on the forum. I'm about to have a massive magazine in place on a family members property that can handle 1.1g..... bulk salutes and alot of them. That's for later tho... I will keep you posted!

carrant
09-22-2016, 09:34 PM
I am a member of PAT and I have a Texas FPO, SEO, and FEO.
I am working towards a Type 20 - I have a small Type 2 magazine on order - should be ready in a few weeks.. The lead time on them is considerable!

PAT generally has two events a year one in November and one in May.
If you attend help with the 1.3g setup on Friday evening, Saturday all day, Sunday morning you may receive two sign offs.

They generally try to have one event near Austin, Tx and one near Dallas, Tx.

The two events I attend were both in Caddo Mills, Tx (Off of I-30 between Greenville, Tx and Rockwall, Tx).

I've learned a great deal from the club events and chatting with club members.

Feel free to PM with any questions you may have about the FPO, SEO, or FEO test.

displayfireworks1
09-23-2016, 07:12 AM
We are having some issues in Texas at present. It is the same type of issues that occurred in Ohio and New York State. We corrected it in those states and now its time for Texas. I have a few things going at present and will eventually talk about it. A state as large as Texas surprisingly has a minimal number of ATF Fireworks license. They are not used to seeing advanced fireworks enthusiast. Its the old convince "You" to withdraw the application trick , only with a Texas twist if you don't sign it. Apparently these pyro groups in that state let all of this occur or they like it the way it is. I am taking steps to change it. There is new advancing group of fireworks enthusiast, Pennsylvania knows what they look like and so does Ohio, New York and many other states. We are working into Texas now.

Redraider
09-24-2016, 04:13 PM
Hey great! Another Texan ! I live down Houston's way. I've ordered Dave's batf video also. I'm not a PAT member but plan to go to next event. I'm curious what this convince to withdraw app is all about. How does that even happen? I'm working on Texas license now and I'm sure I'll find out soon enough how that happens with batf. Good luck brother!

z33k
09-27-2016, 01:16 PM

I received Dave's ATF DVD/Kit today. He even used Fireworks Postage Stamps! Thanks, Dave!

ras1986
09-27-2016, 07:54 PM
Sweet!!!! Your like 1/4 way there. Good luck man!! Once I get mine..... Texas is going to be on a roll for new 54 licensed hobbyists

z33k
09-27-2016, 09:35 PM
Sweet!!!! Your like 1/4 way there. Good luck man!! Once I get mine..... Texas is going to be on a roll for new 54 licensed hobbyists

Please keep us updated on the progress. I hope you and Dave can work out the bugs in the Texas process.

ras1986
09-27-2016, 09:45 PM
Oh we are. He is a huge help in this process.... I'm sure he is like omg this is Ohio all over again

GulfPyro
05-06-2017, 10:07 AM
Hello to the Texas folk. I now have my 54 permit and FPO in Texas and will be working to get the SEO, and FEO. iam looking for some events to go too here in Texas.

ras1986
05-06-2017, 03:21 PM
The fireants have protest on my 20th. If you have your 54 and are a member you can go shoot some 1.3