PDA

View Full Version : Phantom sale

Crab107
09-22-2016, 12:34 PM
Hey guys. Just got an email from phantom. All $109 cakes (lmao!!) Are on sale for $40 till sept 28th which is somewhat tolerable. Not as good as their buy 1 get 2 but Its close to wholesale after factoring shipping etc...

PGHBoom
09-22-2016, 01:36 PM
Limit one per customer

Crab107
09-22-2016, 02:35 PM
Awe man thats messed up..i didnt see that part.

Crab107
09-22-2016, 02:46 PM
It actually pisses me off

PGHBoom
09-22-2016, 02:50 PM
Sorry, but I made the same mistake a few years back after an hour and a half drive. Don't want to see it happen to anyone else.

Crab107
09-22-2016, 03:27 PM
Luckily its only 5 minutes away. Thanks for the heads up. Guess ill just get one because i sure as hell aint payin those ridiculous prices after shopping with the wfboom

chriskrc
09-22-2016, 03:51 PM
The biggest reason I buy a few things from Phantom ( with coupons and specials of course) is because they do try and help states to expand their fireworks laws. But as stated before they are a bit expensive for what you get compared to wholesale. It kinda sucks to because some of their products are pretty nice.

Crab107
09-22-2016, 04:04 PM
Yeah they got some cool stuff...phandemonium is one of the coolest. It sprays the sky.

PGHBoom
09-22-2016, 04:09 PM
I typically use Phantom to fill some gaps in my WFBoom shows. Unfortunately there is usually a small window to use some coupons and get a good selection of products I like.

chriskrc
09-22-2016, 04:24 PM
I typically use Phantom to fill some gaps in my WFBoom shows. Unfortunately there is usually a small window to use some coupons and get a good selection of products I like.

This is very true, and as a filler they work great. It's nice to throw something different in the show especially if lighting multiples of the same cake together.

Crab107
09-22-2016, 05:57 PM
Thats what im doing for new years. I picked up the Critical Blast cake at phantom. Its a slow 12 shot cake. Lasts 42 seconds. at 20 seconds or so im going to fire 2 blue rush cakes on either side. Going to be using 3 fronts...so i should get a nice mix of red and blue with that combo.

Speaking of fronts..how far apart do you guys usually go?? I was thinking 10ft from center so i will have 20ft between right and left and maybe angle my cake platforms a bit to get some added sky cover.

Butterman900
09-22-2016, 06:54 PM
I did a Labor Day show on 30 ft between stations for a front. For what I wanted it was perfect, each break had room to develop without stepping on each other but for most breaks the tips were almost touching, full sky but no overlap.

chriskrc
09-23-2016, 06:56 AM
Thats what im doing for new years. I picked up the Critical Blast cake at phantom. Its a slow 12 shot cake. Lasts 42 seconds. at 20 seconds or so im going to fire 2 blue rush cakes on either side. Going to be using 3 fronts...so i should get a nice mix of red and blue with that combo.

Speaking of fronts..how far apart do you guys usually go?? I was thinking 10ft from center so i will have 20ft between right and left and maybe angle my cake platforms a bit to get some added sky cover.

I would say 20 to 30 feet is a good distance. If you decide to to angle them some 20 feet is probably sufficient enough to fill the sky.

215less
09-26-2016, 11:26 PM
I've noticed that phantom has gotten into their own league... By upping prices and limiting sales or bogo's. They have put themselves into this category of being a joke of the industry. Sorry if i offended anyone, i loved their products and still do but once they got huge, so did their respect i and many had.

PGHBoom
09-27-2016, 07:12 AM
As everyone has said, Phantom does have some nice items and their prices are higher than others, but I believe they target the smaller consumer fireworks user or the last minute consumer who is looking for a little fun and excitement around the holidays. Just look at when most BOGO sales happen. Not that this is in all cases but the more serious user plans their show out and order much earlier taking advantage of bulk/case discounts. When I do go to Phantom before the 4th, it amazes me how much money people spend in relation to how much they actually get and they are happy with it. I would love to buy more Phantom product but at those prices/deals my money is with planning ahead and buying big from WFBoom.