PDA

View Full Version : WF's Commander in Chief Canister Shells

vegassalute
09-11-2016, 09:41 AM
I think i'm in love. That's all there is to say.

Butterman900
09-11-2016, 03:57 PM
That's how I feel about megabangers professional 5" inch cans. I don't normally go for the 5 inch thing since I know that it doesn't change the allowed powder limits but after learning that this years batch was put on hold by the AFSL because there was fear they were overloaded I decided to give them a try when they were cleared for sale on about July 25th or so. AFSL reports show avg if 57-59 grams per shell if I member right.

Vegas-have you show the 5 inchers? If show how did they compare to the commanders. If not you might want to give them a look. Like I said they didn't get much fanfare cause they couldn't be sold till after the fourth. I can tell you that if you hand lite one and take the normal 4-5 steps back they are borderline painful on the ears leaving the tube with a break to match.

vegassalute
09-11-2016, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the heads up Butterman, I haven't tried them yet but there must be a ton of cases around if they missed the 4th rush. I'll keep my eyes open. I'm definitely going to grab a few more cases of Commanders too. I threw together a rack of 35-40 Commander In Chiefs to fire after my Giants win today!!

jamisonlm3
09-11-2016, 10:28 PM
AFSL reports show avg if 57-59 grams per shell if I member right. That's really, really good. Do you have a link to that report? I wouldn't be suprised if most 60g shells on the market are actually in the mid 40s.

Butterman900
09-11-2016, 10:49 PM
No I don't have a link I looked at a hard copy at the ware house the day I was there shopping. It was actually the first one of those I ever looked at so I may not have understood what I thought I did, but I do understand this. Hand lite =pain in ears. And I like it. I know Eddie at nite lites said there was big argument about these shells because they came in under the legal limits but they still didn't want to pass them cause they were too loud. After everyone cried foul and asked why we had limits, and the 4tb had passed, they got passed and released For sale. They are good for sure.

Crab107
09-11-2016, 11:54 PM

They are bad ass for sure!! Just set off 75 of them laborday weekend. They pack a punch. If you use electronics, fire off about 5 at once. Its impressive

jamisonlm3
09-12-2016, 12:51 AM
No I don't have a link I looked at a hard copy at the ware house the day I was there shopping. It was actually the first one of those I ever looked at so I may not have understood what I thought I did, but I do understand this. Hand lite =pain in ears. And I like it. I know Eddie at nite lites said there was big argument about these shells because they came in under the legal limits but they still didn't want to pass them cause they were too loud. After everyone cried foul and asked why we had limits, and the 4tb had passed, they got passed and released For sale. They are good for sure.Too loud? I know of the composition limits in fireworks, but in the little bit of reading I've done, I haven't read of anything decibel limts for fireworks. If there were, you think firecrackers would've been banned completely years ago. I think I can see why people got angry over that.

primetime347
09-12-2016, 02:25 AM

I just watched the video. Those will definitely be on my list for next year. Very impressive!

Butterman900
09-12-2016, 09:59 AM
Too loud? I know of the composition limits in fireworks, but in the little bit of reading I've done, I haven't read of anything decibel limts for fireworks. If there were, you think firecrackers would've been banned completely years ago. I think I can see why people got angry over that.

I agree to my knowledge there are no decibels limits listed either and that is what had everybody crying foul is the AFSL was ignoring the scientific testing of the comp limits and making a subjective, opinion based decision to hold them ( and other products I understand). The importers argued that if you set a limit then use an objective scientific test and a pass is a pass, a fail a fail. AFSL finally agreed to this and passed them but and this may or may not have been cowincedence, after the Fourth of July.

vegassalute
09-12-2016, 11:27 AM
I agree to my knowledge there are no decibels limits listed either and that is what had everybody crying foul is the AFSL was ignoring the scientific testing of the comp limits and making a subjective, opinion based decision to hold them ( and other products I understand). The importers argued that if you set a limit then use an objective scientific test and a pass is a pass, a fail a fail. AFSL finally agreed to this and passed them but and this may or may not have been cowincedence, after the Fourth of July.

Unreal. Some factions won't be satisfied until firecrackers and bottle rocket reports are no nothing more than the "puff" of this little white snappers. It's as good a reason as any to buy and hoard. If I only knew in the 80s what I know now, I would have purchased PALLETS of jumping jacks & TBs.