PDA

View Full Version : Fried Cobra

Crab107
09-05-2016, 06:11 PM
Well guys...i guess i made my first rookie total F up. Fried my damn cobra. Had some short scab wire while i was goofing off with those fireballs. Ive always covered my module with foil and the one time i didnt this happened!! It was on fire a good 3 minutes before i realized it. By the time i got there the cu3 strips were melted and it was still working. Put out the fire, picked up, and turned it off. I pitched a small fit..some choice words...i turned the switch to arm about an hour later AND IT STILL WORKS!!! Just found out i can replace the cue,strips for $7 each so i got some on the way.
You cant beat quality like this.
Also going to be getting armoured case before shooting again.

Westpapyro
09-05-2016, 06:33 PM
I prefer the boots, you can get a top and bottom boot from them that won't burn.

liame
09-05-2016, 08:39 PM
im impressed it wasnt damaged worse (assuming gas was the cause)

Crab107
09-05-2016, 09:40 PM
im impressed it wasnt damaged worse (assuming gas was the cause)

Methanol..glad it wasnt gas. May have been worse

Pyro Paul
09-05-2016, 10:09 PM
I know it's not funny... but am I the only one that sees the fried cobra module next to the pizza box checked pepperoni? Maybe it's just me but I did chuckle... :p Sorry Crab, I know how that must feel. Another life lesson :)

Rick_In_Tampa
09-05-2016, 10:35 PM
You definitely put that thing through the ringer! Glad it still works. All things considered, I think you're getting off pretty cheap for $7 a strip.

I saw the demo video of the boot being set on fire with gasoline. The module didn't even blink. For $10 I think it's a no-brainer. Especially for methanol junkies like you. lol... :cool:

Seriously... Glad it didn't turn out worse and everything still works.

Crab107
09-05-2016, 11:25 PM
I know it's not funny... but am I the only one that sees the fried cobra module next to the pizza box checked pepperoni? Maybe it's just me but I did chuckle... :p Sorry Crab, I know how that must feel. Another life lesson :)

I went on a food bender..lol..seriously ate the whole thing. Been tryin to eat right but i said F it on my way home and went to little ceasars.
I was better after i realized it can be fixed!!

Crab107
09-05-2016, 11:28 PM
You definitely put that thing through the ringer! Glad it still works. All things considered, I think you're getting off pretty cheap for $7 a strip.

I saw the demo video of the boot being set on fire with gasoline. The module didn't even blink. For $10 I think it's a no-brainer. Especially for methanol junkies like you. lol... :cool:

Seriously... Glad it didn't turn out worse and everything still works.

Yeah i like that methanol..i like the color. Got my mixture dialed in though. Nice wizard of oz green..lol

Pyro Paul
09-05-2016, 11:34 PM
No Way!!! Little Ceasers??? Where's mine? lol All I could think seeing the burnt up module next to the pizza box is that it looked like maybe it was baked with the pizza lol I think I'll get the boots when I order mine. Very SOON!!

primetime347
09-06-2016, 01:02 AM
Crab, So sorry to see this, but this just proves a point of how dang reliable and well built the Cobra system is. Truly a great American made product. I am getting a Cobra this winter, (hoping there is a sale) but I am going to go with the protective case. It is a little pricey but worth it in the long run. Glad your module still works and you can buy new individual components to fix it. COBRA TAKE MY MONEY!!!!

Northern Sky
09-06-2016, 08:53 AM
You GASSY guys need to bag the cases and use top and bottom boots.

Seahorse cases are very flammable and hard to put out. If this was in a Seahorse it would probably have been a total loss.

pfm1700
09-06-2016, 01:02 PM
Ouch. That is a sad picture. But like others have said, that's great it's only $7 to replace those. Cobra's are awesome!