PDA

View Full Version : 1.3 e-match / 1.4 e-match

215less
09-05-2016, 12:45 AM
I apologize to anyone if this is in the wrong section or if the product below is not a sponsor to the site. OR most importantly if its a dumb question! as i am learning first and foremost.

After seeing dave's video at the PGI. I was most intrigued on those consumer 1.4 e-match and or clips. Seriously impressed on the hold those clips have.

Now, while i have never fired nor been around 1.3, Is there any big different between the 2 or how is it legal? I ask because as being able to shoot 1.3 would be awesome, I'm limited to where i could, I really want my type 54 for electronic firing e-match. NOT the sole reason but a big part.

I ask this as I'm almost ready to submit my app but was curious at the same time...

Westpapyro
09-05-2016, 01:33 PM
Since you mentioned clips, you must be talking about the mjg video?
They are not ematch, they are initiators. Lol
Do you have a firing system?
Buy a box and try some of the initiators even if you pop them off with a nine volt battery. And just use them on 1.4 products for now.
Even while having my 54, I keep some initiators around because of the " no storage required " aspect of them.
Haven't tried the clips yet, I just use a poke to go into the lift charge.

215less
09-05-2016, 09:55 PM
yeah.. the mjg video. and i forgot about the storage aspect of ematch. but that still leaves the question at the difference between initiators and the 1.3 e-match? I'm guessing they bothe work the same, ones gotta be made up with more and or less material then the other...

thanks for the info!

Since you mentioned clips, you must be talking about the mjg video?
They are not ematch, they are initiators. Lol
Do you have a firing system?
Buy a box and try some of the initiators even if you pop them off with a nine volt battery. And just use them on 1.4 products for now.
Even while having my 54, I keep some initiators around because of the " no storage required " aspect of them.
Haven't tried the clips yet, I just use a poke to go into the lift charge.

Derby187
09-06-2016, 08:28 AM
E match uses a pyrogen that is atf regulated...
Mjg initiators have developed a pyrogen with different

Derby187
09-06-2016, 08:38 AM
Mjg initiators have developed a pyrogen with different chemical composition (as told to me by an atf agent) the mjg fire wire initiators are easy recognizable by the blue/white wires...
Talon "clips" don't use any pyrogen at all, they use a tiny filament wire that gets hot when current passes through it...

***Sorry for the double post, I bumped the post button and it won't let me edit the initial post...***

215less
09-06-2016, 10:08 PM
thankyou derby187, thats answers my question. thanks

Mjg initiators have developed a pyrogen with different chemical composition (as told to me by an atf agent) the mjg fire wire initiators are easy recognizable by the blue/white wires...
Talon "clips" don't use any pyrogen at all, they use a tiny filament wire that gets hot when current passes through it...

***Sorry for the double post, I bumped the post button and it won't let me edit the initial post...***