PDA

View Full Version : Labor day show pic

Crab107
09-04-2016, 12:42 PM
Well guys heres a pic of my labor day show. Had to keep it small. I was in a neighborhood, set up in a retention pond area.
Had a 6ft fence between the show and spectators so i didnt shoot any fire balls..plus it was very dry... err on the side of caution when you are on someone elses property..lol
Had my cansister shells wired to hit 5 and 10 at time wired in series.
4 blue rush cakes firing 2 at a time wired parallel Had them faced forward and backwards to create a double fan effect that really covered a lot of sky.
Had a few cakes from jakes wired in parallel.
The show was about 4 minutes long...used a phandemonium cake and fused 25 mortars with fast fuse for a quick finally.
NOW FOR THE BEST PART
Had my girl video it and for what ever reason theres nothing but gray screen. I didnt even get to see my own show because i was about 10 feet from the site with a fire extinguisher to monitor for fires.

Just wanted to post the pic to show you guys how ive progressed since the 4th!! Thanks for all your videos, advice and tips!!

PS
The show was for my girlfriends boss'es party. His wife was in disaggreement about the show..afterwards she came to me and said.."I had no idea it was going to be like that. Im am truly impressed. I wish i still smoked weed and couldve watched it with a buzz."
Her boss said.."YOU ARE HIRED!!! I want to do a 10 minute show for christmas!! Ill pay for it all!! Just tell me what you need"

That stuff makes ya feel good after a show

215less
09-04-2016, 12:48 PM
nice setup.... thumbs up

Rick_In_Tampa
09-04-2016, 01:42 PM
Lol... All gray screen? Wow. Did she leave the lens cap on? That's too bad.

You really are progressing fast since we first spoke on here! Most impressive.

Crab107
09-04-2016, 01:59 PM
Lol... All gray screen? Wow. Did she leave the lens cap on? That's too bad.

You really are progressing fast since we first spoke on here! Most impressive.

Dude i i dont know what happened. Her stupid phone. Im going to just get a damn camera and tripod for all my vidoes from now on.

Crab107
09-04-2016, 01:59 PM
nice setup.... thumbs up

Thanks man!!

PGH_Pyro
09-04-2016, 05:38 PM
as far as Phantom stuff goes, I like that Phandemonium cake . I think that was the last item I bought from them.

Rick_In_Tampa
09-04-2016, 05:44 PM
Dude i i dont know what happened. Her stupid phone. Im going to just get a damn camera and tripod for all my vidoes from now on.

Good call. I bought a SONY digital video camera a few years ago for my shows. I think it was like $250. Worth every penny. Even has a fireworks mode!

jamisonlm3
09-04-2016, 07:25 PM
His wife was in disaggreement about the show..afterwards she came to me and said.."I had no idea it was going to be like that. Im am truly impressed. I wish i still smoked weed and couldve watched it with a buzz."Had soemthing similar happen to me. This past 4th, I was talking with some family about what I purchased and how much I paid for them. They weren't impressed. After it was all over, they were all smiling.

Crab107
09-04-2016, 10:29 PM
as far as Phantom stuff goes, I like that Phandemonium cake . I think that was the last item I bought from them.

They had buy 1 get 2..thats the only reason i got it. Their prices are intolerable. Still got 2 left;) for new years of course..or maybe my birthday..or halloween...hmmmm..theres a lot of reasons to shoot fireworks between now and new years..lol..the struggle is real

Crab107
09-04-2016, 10:32 PM
Had soemthing similar happen to me. This past 4th, I was talking with some family about what I purchased and how much I paid for them. They weren't impressed. After it was all over, they were all smiling.

No one seems to get it unless youre a pyro..but when they see it and love it it makes me want to rub it in...SEEEEE!!! THATS WHY I DO IT AND YOU SHOULD TO...BUT YOURE LAME!! lol

Crab107
09-04-2016, 10:34 PM
Good call. I bought a SONY digital video camera a few years ago for my shows. I think it was like $250. Worth every penny. Even has a fireworks mode!

Yep...done deal..no more phones

primetime347
09-05-2016, 02:37 AM
Nice small and quick setup. I like it alot. Even something small and simple can impress the most critical spectator. I have used an Ipad for one of my shows and it did great.

johnb46804
09-05-2016, 03:24 AM
Yep....i found out wives and video recording do not go together. Im trying to get a drone for next year.

Rick_In_Tampa
09-05-2016, 11:03 PM
Yep....i found out wives and video recording do not go together. Im trying to get a drone for next year.

A good digital video camera is much cheaper than a new girlfriend too!! :rolleyes:

chriskrc
09-06-2016, 06:55 AM
Nice little show. It's a good way to end the summer.