View Full Version : Type 3 Magazine Day Box Question

Firedogmccoy
09-01-2016, 09:14 PM
Hey Guys, I'm curious how long you can keep 1.3 in this type of magazine attended. Here is why I am asking. I'm going to be using contingency storage, however I would like to use the day box when we do fireworks on a weekend. For Example: I would like to pickup from my contingency storage on a Friday, store in my attended day box till Saturday or Sunday night. When we are at this location in question I don't leave this site. Its private property and Private road. Any input is welcomed.

Thanks All
Firedog

liame
09-01-2016, 10:59 PM
if i remember correctly it can not be more than 24 hours in a secure storage/attended area (aka someone keeping an eye on it constantly) but that may be just NH.

displayfireworks1
09-02-2016, 07:12 AM
If you have a magazine in Pennsylvania, you may need it approved by the State of Pennsylvania. Not sure how they handle temporary storage. It sounds like you are on step B and you should be on Step A. Step A is getting the ATF license. When the Inspector comes to interview you , he will educate you on how this works. Did you send the application in?

Northern Sky
09-02-2016, 09:08 AM
When a show is being set up there isn't a time limitation as long as it is lit and supervised.

Some bigger shows take better than a week to setup. In this case the field is lit and there is night security WATCHING the "secure display area".

Firedogmccoy
09-02-2016, 10:03 AM
If you have a magazine in Pennsylvania, you may need it approved by the State of Pennsylvania. Not sure how they handle temporary storage. It sounds like you are on step B and you should be on Step A. Step A is getting the ATF license. When the Inspector comes to interview you , he will educate you on how this works. Did you send the application in?
Application has been sent in. My account has been charged. I'm expecting a call for an interview very soon. I was just getting some ideas on weekend storage just for curiosity. I honestly cant see why I would not be approved. No marks on my history, matter of fact not even a speeding ticket and I'm 34 LOL. I'm of sound mind, and work in a professional with a lot of experience with the importance of government documents since a lot of what we do involves FDA documents to be 100% accurate.

Firedogmccoy
09-02-2016, 10:07 AM
Application has been sent in. My account has been charged. I'm expecting a call for an interview very soon. I was just getting some ideas on weekend storage just for curiosity. I honestly cant see why I would not be approved. No marks on my history, matter of fact not even a speeding ticket and I'm 34 LOL. I'm of sound mind, and work in a professional with a lot of experience with the importance of government documents since a lot of what we do involves FDA documents to be 100% accurate.

No to Mention, I have open permission from the local authorities and township supervisors to shoot at my residence in Adams Twp and My in laws cabin in West Providence township.

displayfireworks1
09-02-2016, 10:42 AM
Other than convenience, there is no reason to store over night. You can get up early on the day of the shoot, pick up your fireworks and shoot them all that day. I'm sure your license will get approved. If you have the property I would consider getting a small official magazine. One of my advertisers sells them,.
http://www.blasterstool.com/dayboxes.aspx
Unless something has recently changed, the ATF in Pennsylvania will wait for The Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Resources to approve your magazine before they issue a license based on the magazine. West Virginia on the other hand waits for the ATF to approve the magazine first then West Virginia accepts the ATF judgment. In Pennsylvania you doing it the smart way. Get the contingency based licensed first, then if you desire work on the magazine and notify the ATF. The Inspector will explain that in your interview.