PDA

View Full Version : Canister Shell Storage

jamisonlm3
08-29-2016, 03:58 AM
With the upcoming wholesale order, I have no intention to shoot a whole case of canister shells as much as I would love to. With this many shells to store, how would it be best to do so? I imagine in a cool, dark place would be default, but what would be best to store them in? I don't want to store them in the box they came in as I plan on taking all the motar tubes out to make a rack or two. I'm thining of getting one of these (http://www.knaack.com/en/view/Products/Jobsite%20Storage%20Equipment/Hand%20Held%20Boxes/Specialty%20Chest/30) or something similar. I want something durable that I can lock. Would anything that is crush resistant and lockable be sufficient?

Northern Sky
08-29-2016, 10:58 AM
If you aren't going to sort them by color or anything like that it doesn't matter. Just put them all in one of the boxs they came in and be done with it. That is unless there is a possibility of kids getting to them.

FlyingDutchman
08-29-2016, 12:22 PM
What about a 5 gallon bucket (Lowes, Home Depot) and a lid, fill with shells and close it up.

liame
08-29-2016, 12:30 PM
i use a pelican case with a Pelican Desiccant pack

PGH_Pyro
08-29-2016, 02:00 PM
in the boxes they came in or a wood-lined box. plastic conducts electricity.

jamisonlm3
08-29-2016, 02:20 PM
There are kids around. While I don't think they would get into them, I'm don't wan't to risk it. The 5 gallon bucket is a pretty nice idea. They're cheap and I could just hang them out of reach. I'd still want to some way to secure the contents to some degree. Maybe I could build a box out of some 3/4" plywood? I could glue all the sides together and use a hasp to keep it locked. It could also be big enough for any other fireworks that weren't used.

ilovecrackle
08-30-2016, 04:42 AM
Iv heard of people storing them in cardboard boxes, plastic totes, 5 gallon buckets and wooden boxes.
I store my cases in a shed on pallets in the same cases they came in.

PyroJoeNEPA
08-30-2016, 08:49 PM
Pretty much anything works. Ammo cans, totes,buckets. they are all good. If I want to sort shells by effects [all reds, all crackles, etc] I put them in used [but clean] pizza boxes and label the side of the box--and then put those in a larger cardboard box. I know I am gonna hear something on this one like--"hey Joe--do you have any more of the pepperoni cans left?" LOL.

Northern Sky
08-30-2016, 09:17 PM
I prefer salami personally.

jamisonlm3
08-30-2016, 11:06 PM
Pizza boxes? It sounds like I can use anything as long as it suits my needs.

Westpapyro
08-31-2016, 02:14 AM
I prefer salami personally.

Speaking of storing your salami, joke for you.

Where does a bee keep his stinger at night?

Answer; In his honey!

PyroJoeNEPA
08-31-2016, 04:31 PM
Oh boy--here we go---I knew I was going to start something!