View Full Version : Labor Day 2016!

jLk_pyro
08-28-2016, 12:09 AM
Hey everyone! Was wondering what everyone was planning on shooting for this holiday weekend coming up in the US. I've been brainstorming ever since my last shell went off for the fourth haha. I've been thinking of how I can set up my cake board this time. I've taken a lot of hints from Dave's videos and am thinking of fusing a bunch of 200's all together so they all go up at once. Of course I've got to have some 60 gram cans in the mix too. Also looking to try a bucket full of candles for an opener. Anyway, whats every else shooting??

liame
08-28-2016, 12:38 AM
iv never thought of doing a labor day show but i may next year. a bucket full of candles? am i missing something or is it as it sounds?

chriskrc
08-28-2016, 07:48 AM
Gonna be doing a small show as well. Some 60g cans, 500g cakes and 200g cakes. It's a nice way to end the summer.

vegassalute
08-28-2016, 11:30 AM
I have a private show coming up in October for some business guests that are visiting the US and staying with my wife and I. These people love fireworks so I'm expecting the shoot site on my property to look like Hiroshima the next morning :). I'm actually going to be putting in at least one LTL order with Dave's sponsors over the next couple weeks so if anyone is reasonably close and wants to jump in for a pallet or two, PM me.

Happy shooting everyone, be safe! Don't forget to post vids of setups, shoots, and afterglows!

PyroManiacs
08-28-2016, 01:30 PM
Two 1.3 shows.... one on the 30th and 4th.

Crab107
08-28-2016, 01:38 PM
Im doing a $500 show on labor day. 4 cakes and 144 mortars. Its all gotta go up in few minutes. Doing it in a friends neighborhood so its gotta be fast..lol. Ive got motars wired in series to go 5 and 10 at a time with the cobra..cant wait to try that technique out. May throw in a 4" methanol/boric acid fire ball just to scare the $%&@ out of everybody. The methanol doesnt smell and it doesnt seem as loud as gas.

jLk_pyro
08-28-2016, 04:25 PM
iv never thought of doing a labor day show but i may next year. a bucket full of candles? am i missing something or is it as it sounds?

Fill a bucket with sand, rocks, and/or dirt. Duct tape the candles together and secure them in the center of the bucket. Probably not the best option to fire multiple candles all at once but it's what I have to work with.

liame
08-28-2016, 05:19 PM
Fill a bucket with sand, rocks, and/or dirt. Duct tape the candles together and secure them in the center of the bucket. Probably not the best option to fire multiple candles all at once but it's what I have to work with.

o ok i normally just tape them to a piece of rebar driven into the ground

PyroManiacs
08-28-2016, 10:01 PM
Probably not the best option to fire multiple candles all at once but it's what I have to work with.

If its a case worth...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQmGzhW9zSY

215less
08-28-2016, 11:04 PM
If its a case worth...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQmGzhW9zSY

i love those 2 videos he did... the 2 case one was impressive too

Westpapyro
08-31-2016, 01:55 AM
Helping on a big show the weekend after Labor Day. Maybe light a few S & S things this weekend.
Can't wait to blow up some pumpkins around Halloween.