PDA

View Full Version : cheap shells

liame
08-19-2016, 06:29 PM
I have been using Magnus appballs as cheap shells for birthdays or anything else throughout the year. I am paying 15.95 per 12 shells/box, i have not found them Wholesale yet (waiting on an answer back from my local shop) I am wondering if anyone knows any other/comparable, good, cheap shells i may be able to get wholesale.

displayfireworks1
08-19-2016, 07:32 PM
Say we find some shells that are good and cheap in Texas, how would you obtain them? Or we name twenty other brands and names of fireworks, how would you obtain those? That guy at the local shop is not going to tell you much.
The way you obtain wholesale fireworks is to get the budget up or buy the entire case of a product. If you go into most any fireworks store and ask to buy a single box of 12 shells that price is probably about what you are going to pay in any store in United States.

Rick_In_Tampa
08-19-2016, 07:34 PM
I have been using Magnus appballs as cheap shells for birthdays or anything else throughout the year. I am paying 15.95 per 12 shells/box, i have not found them Wholesale yet (waiting on an answer back from my local shop) I am wondering if anyone knows any other/comparable, good, cheap shells i may be able to get wholesale.

For $1.33 per shell, I'm sure you can find something comparable on any of Dave's sponsor sites. Have you checked our WF Boom or Kellners?

vegassalute
08-19-2016, 07:51 PM
For $1.33 per shell, I'm sure you can find something comparable on any of Dave's sponsor sites. Have you checked our WF Boom or Kellners?

Kellner's BOSS system looks pretty slick.

liame
08-19-2016, 08:43 PM
Say we find some shells that are good and cheap in Texas, how would you obtain them? Or we name twenty other brands and names of fireworks, how would you obtain those? That guy at the local shop is not going to tell you much.
The way you obtain wholesale fireworks is to get the budget up or buy the entire case of a product. If you go into most any fireworks store and ask to buy a single box of 12 shells that price is probably about what you are going to pay in any store in United States.

i understand i am just wondering if anyone had any experience with let say Brothers american chief which i can find at both my local shop and from several wholesale places. i plan on buying wholesale but want to add a few small things for random fireworks shows (something to keep aside and cheap)

my local fireworks shop allows wholesale purchases (from their wholesaler) delivered to there store for pickup. but the wholesaler website is not very good so i sometimes have to ask the shop owner to get me a price and code.

liame
08-19-2016, 08:45 PM
Kellner's BOSS system looks pretty slick.

isnt that 1.3?

Ennead
08-19-2016, 09:28 PM
For price comparison purposes, Sparkys in Jackson MI is running a special on the Brothers American Chief for $14.99 a box. I don't think I've seen much cheaper than that

PapaBearPyro
08-20-2016, 02:10 AM
Nite Lites /Little China carries the Magnus App balls as well as a host of others-just click on the banner add on the sponsor page and shoot Eddie an e-mail-he'll send you a pricing and ordering sheet. Great wholesaler. PBP

jamisonlm3
08-20-2016, 03:39 AM
i understand i am just wondering if anyone had any experience with let say Brothers american chief which i can find at both my local shop and from several wholesale places. i plan on buying wholesale but want to add a few small things for random fireworks shows (something to keep aside and cheap)

my local fireworks shop allows wholesale purchases (from their wholesaler) delivered to there store for pickup. but the wholesaler website is not very good so i sometimes have to ask the shop owner to get me a price and code.If you can get a price list from the wholeseller, you can compare prices to other wholesellers. Accepting wholesale purchases sounds really convinent. I can't imagine any of my local stores would be too happy about doing that. The nearest place asked $100 for a box of excalibur. Another about an hour away wanted $400 for a 6/24 case when I asked. Still, worth a shot to see. For getting an idea of how different fireworks compare, I can only think of checking youtube. While not the same as shooting a box off for yourself, it helps greatly.

PGH_Pyro
08-20-2016, 01:13 PM
isnt that 1.3?

no, only the salute modules are 1.3 . rest is articles 1.4S

hatsgoods
08-20-2016, 04:20 PM
isnt that 1.3?

only the ones with salutes

liame
08-20-2016, 05:20 PM
ok so this may be a dumb question. how do you tell if something is 1.3 or 1.4 on a website if its not stated? Or does that just come with experience?

Rick_In_Tampa
08-20-2016, 07:33 PM
ok so this may be a dumb question. how do you tell if something is 1.3 or 1.4 on a website if its not stated? Or does that just come with experience?

99% of the sites you'll find sell nothing but 1.4G stuff. All of the 500 gram cakes are 1.4G. Go to www.acepyro.com/shop and you'll see that they have them broken down by category. You can't screw it up. At last resort, they won't let you buy them unless you have an ATF54. So I wouldn't worry about it.

liame
08-20-2016, 10:59 PM
99% of the sites you'll find sell nothing but 1.4G stuff. All of the 500 gram cakes are 1.4G. Go to www.acepyro.com/shop and you'll see that they have them broken down by category. You can't screw it up. At last resort, they won't let you buy them unless you have an ATF54. So I wouldn't worry about it.

ok im drooling over the 1.3 stuff now i want my 54 back like no tomorrow

displayfireworks1
08-21-2016, 07:30 PM
1.3 fireworks are not displayed on a shelf in the store. They also are forbidden to have colorful artwork labels. Most if not all have brown wrapping with a little white sticker on them. They are for professional use. Professional use does not necessarily mean you have to have a fireworks company. You can be a private holder of an ATF Fireworks license and purchase them .

Westpapyro
08-21-2016, 09:25 PM
Have some recommendations but can't post with out breaking Dave's rules. Again I'll rec looking into a club near you.
Chuck

215less
08-21-2016, 09:32 PM
Have some recommendations but can't post with out breaking Dave's rules. Again I'll rec looking into a club near you.
Chuck

I feel ya... every post I've started gets locked... i feel like i need a manual to properly "get along with the rules here" smh

liame
08-21-2016, 09:43 PM
Chuck

i have tried to contact one club with no success ill be trying another one this week. and i probably should have worded it as decent low cost blow at anytime fireworks.

Rick_In_Tampa
08-21-2016, 11:36 PM
ok im drooling over the 1.3 stuff now i want my 54 back like no tomorrow

Lol... I hear ya! Would love to have a 54 myself. Finding the storage is the issue for me. If you have the space for a storage magazine, jump all over it man!!

liame
08-21-2016, 11:47 PM
Lol... I hear ya! Would love to have a 54 myself. Finding the storage is the issue for me. If you have the space for a storage magazine, jump all over it man!!

you caught me im currently looking to see if there is any property for sale in town that has the space for a mag. I sold my old mag property for an offer i couldnt refuse (still have the magazine) if i was to put it "in service" i would have to put it in the middle of wetlands, aka permit, fill, level, revitalize, inspection... etc.